Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BFY Obsolete parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickshiftyslick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crosseyedpig wrote:
I am currently in contact with the DA's office and was wondering if anyone knows Darren's last name? I am also posting this e-mail address [email protected] so if anyone wants me to I will be more than happy to send your complaint on to the DA's office. In talking with my lawyer he told me the more complaints and victims the more willing they will be to help with the matter and also told me the new owner of the business will assume all debts from the business and that if Darren did not disclose all the info on what was owed to customers its even more problems for our old pal Darren. So lets all get together on this and let Darren know he has screwed with the wrong people

Send me your story to [email protected]

How is the DA doing with their case?
crosseyedpig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke with the DAs office weds. and they already been putting a case together it seems like there have been a large number of people who had already filed a complaint with them so it seems there is enough people they cant turn there head to this problem the lady at the DAs office said the more people they have the better and the more money they find out about him stealing the more eager and worse the charges
ovalmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through the years I've bought a lot from BFY, including my egg tail lights and NOS semaphores. Since the birth of my baby I haven't been checking up on the scene and now I read that they are out of business. I can see why people would be pissed at Darren, he seemed like an alright guy to me, but I only dealt with him superficially. Is this the company that was founded on the "Treasure from Tijuana"?
'71 Westy
'58 El Lobo
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovalmark wrote:
Through the years I've bought a lot from BFY, including my egg tail lights and NOS semaphores. Since the birth of my baby I haven't been checking up on the scene and now I read that they are out of business. I can see why people would be pissed at Darren, he seemed like an alright guy to me, but I only dealt with him superficially. Is this the company that was founded on the "Treasure from Tijuana"?

Read back through the last few pages in particular... all that has been covered and old history has nothing to do with the current situation since Darren owned the place.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slickshiftyslick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crosseyedpig wrote:
Spoke with the DAs office weds. and they already been putting a case together it seems like there have been a large number of people who had already filed a complaint with them so it seems there is enough people they cant turn there head to this problem the lady at the DAs office said the more people they have the better and the more money they find out about him stealing the more eager and worse the charges

Thats good to hear, sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel finally. I got my cash back, but it was looking that Darren was going to get away scott free with peoples money and not pay the price himself. People need to ignore what BFY was and its history, and remember that the current owner has been steeling money from his customers. So where did everyones money go???...it wasn't used to buy parts, from what has been said on here it was never refunded when people asked for their money back, I've heard through the VW grapevine that he wasn't paying his employees and that his suppliers had stopped selling to him due to non payment.

Hopefully the DA can find a paper trail of where all this money ended up!
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If darren was facing eviction (already, for non-payment of rent,) from the "new" location, then I guess you can pretty well assume that any and all monies have been spent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slickshiftyslick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
If darren was facing eviction (already, for non-payment of rent,) from the "new" location, then I guess you can pretty well assume that any and all monies have been spent.

But where did it go? Sounds like none of the customers money was going to the store......perhaps he now has a new car, new house, maybe some vacations???
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the IRS sends him on a little vacation if the local authorities won't or can't.
ddaniel1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickshiftyslick wrote:
Dave24 wrote:

But where did it go? Sounds like none of the customers money was going to the store......perhaps he now has a new car, new house, maybe some vacations???

From the behavior I experienced, more than likely up his nose....
bawbeeseboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious as to how all you others are doing at getting your funds back.
FEAZYWEAZY
Kusten Kreuzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawbeeseboy wrote:
Just curious as to how all you others are doing at getting your funds back.

Just got my money back from my cc company. Had to write a letter to dispute the charges and it took about 10 days. They didn't ask any other questions, just refunded the money.
mr.burnout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he owes me $650. my cc company said it has been too long since i made the purchase which was over $2000 worth of parts. so as we all know Darren makes false hopes of any refunds. if i didnt live in Norcal i would make a trip to his store of find him some how. anyone know or have any ideas to get my $$$ back? thanks
Ed Economy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: BFY Reply with quote

Went to BFY yesterday, The store was locked up tight with a large pile of mail inside the ft door. Looks like it is done. Hung around for an hour saw several people come and go, most were looking thru the door shaking there heads...
squarbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BFY Reply with quote

Ed Economy wrote:
Went to BFY yesterday, The store was locked up tight with a large pile of mail inside the ft door. Looks like it is done. Hung around for an hour saw several people come and go, most were looking thru the door shaking there heads...

BFY was gone weeks ago, a friend of mine went by at the beginning of the week and there were people in there taking away the storage racking, word is that the landlord has taken back the building as it had been abandoned.
Ed Economy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Bye Bye BFY Reply with quote

Not yet I think the racks were just repossessed . The ft show room is all still intact. A neighbor told me they empty the racks in the corner and just piled all the parts up all over the floor and removed the racks but it was not the land lord. He said after next week it’s a different story…
luki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye BFY Reply with quote

Ed Economy wrote:
Not yet I think the racks were just repossessed . The ft show room is all still intact. A neighbor told me they empty the racks in the corner and just piled all the parts up all over the floor and removed the racks but it was not the land lord. He said after next week it’s a different story…

I wish I knew what happened there. When I sold BFY to Darren in 1995 he was a one of several great honest upright dilegent employees who worked there.
He bought the company on an installment basis with a good down payment and made monthly payments to me. Those payments arrived like clockwork for 7 years until it was paid in full.

I made a trade with Darren and ordered some parts for my Ghia with the credit a few years ago and I experienced the same types of problems you folks have related here. I spoke to him face to face and thought it was all OK but some items just never arrived. I just wrote it off as a trade disagreement.

Later I read on the Samba that the same theme was recurring and I couldn't figure out why he didn't respond to the issues, fix the problems and go forward.

I don't know what happened to that bright young hardworking honest kid and where it went wrong. I hope he gets some help with whatever it is that caused him to go down this path. Let the law do it's thing and take it's course.

I'm very sad to see the BFY name ruined and dragged through the mud like this and Darren is the last person I would have thought would be responsible for it happening.

Thanks to all who were customers in the past and to those who were ripped off I am truly sorry.

Phil Lucas
forrestdeer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye BFY Reply with quote

luki wrote:
Ed Economy wrote:

I wish I knew what happened there. When I sold BFY to Darren in 1995 he was a one of several great honest upright dilegent employees who worked there.
He bought the company on an installment basis with a good down payment and made monthly payments to me. Those payments arrived like clockwork for 7 years until it was paid in full.

I made a trade with Darren and ordered some parts for my Ghia with the credit a few years ago and I experienced the same types of problems you folks have related here. I spoke to him face to face and thought it was all OK but some items just never arrived. I just wrote it off as a trade disagreement.

Later I read on the Samba that the same theme was recurring and I couldn't figure out why he didn't respond to the issues, fix the problems and go forward.

I don't know what happened to that bright young hardworking honest kid and where it went wrong. I hope he gets some help with whatever it is that caused him to go down this path. Let the law do it's thing and take it's course.

I'm very sad to see the BFY name ruined and dragged through the mud like this and Darren is the last person I would have thought would be responsible for it happening.

Thanks to all who were customers in the past and to those who were ripped off I am truly sorry.

Phil Lucas

Cool!

I really appreciate this. I was wondering when/if someone from the past would speak up , and make a statement either way.

So, I take you don't know what rock he's hiding under..?

Anyhow, Thanks!
maesdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just decovered this item, i ordered parts with him, november 2008

order : 12297 payed 260 usd
still after a lot of mails he gave nop replies anymore, he did not send my parts..., never became trackingnumbers....

I think i lost my money.....

Dieter
duginabug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye BFY Reply with quote

luki wrote:
Ed Economy wrote:

Phil Lucas

I can't help but feel that this statement would be a fitting point to lock this thread.

But I could be wrong.

Last edited by duginabug on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
slickshiftyslick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye BFY Reply with quote

forrestdeer wrote:
luki wrote:
Ed Economy wrote:

Phil Lucas

Cool!

I really appreciate this. I was wondering when/if someone from the past would speak up , and make a statement either way.

So, I take you don't know what rock he's hiding under..?

Anyhow, Thanks!

Ed Economy was from BFY's past and he posted, as Phil Lucas said, he sold BFY to Darren in 1995. So since then it has all been under Darren's control and out of everyone that has owned BFY, Darren has probably owned it the longest. It's time to forget what BFY was like in the 1980's and concentrate on the fact the final owner has taken people's money and lied to them, he has strung people along for such a long time that people on here cannot get their card company to refund them as they have took too long to report him. No point locking this thread as the BFY matter still has been handled for the people owed money.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Jump to:
Page 38 of 40

Jump to: