Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mario Gavazzi aka: Vintagewerks in North Carolina
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volksfiend
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:

Hey Gary, since Mario recently resurfaced in the Rants, can you tell us how it worked out on collections?

Hey Meyer...

Collections at the time proved rather fruitless. I do, however, have 10 years (either 10 or 15...hmm...) in which the judgement is still valid. At which time I need to re-file and it is good for another term. I spent some cash with the Sheriff's department, but Mario doesn't really have anything much in his name thats siezable. I was awarded 8% interest by the court...so its a nice investment in the event that Mario actually aquires property worth siezing any time in his life. I live in Florida now...so I will just do periodic collection attempts whenever it seems like it would be inconvienant for him. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Mario J G
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John why don't you just explain why you got a judgement from a court that had no jurisdiction.
You knew I wasn't going to waste my time or money fling to Utah. Oh wait your whole proof I stole from you is that worthless paper.
And please show pictures of the 63 I restored for you, I'm sure everyones waiting. not like you didn't say you were going to post pictures 5+ yrs ago.

If It makes you feel better because of your web site of me I have no customers and none of the ones that I have ever done work for would ever think about stopping back.

Mario
Vintage werks resto
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice try to change the subject.

This thread is about Mario Gavazzi and Vintagewerks, you should stick to THAT TOPIC.

This method of changing the subject is one of Mario's common methods to keep the limelight off of him, because he has no defense against the actual facts.

I have not sued Mario (the second suit) because he's NOT WORTH THE PAPER THE JUDGEMENT IS PRINTED ON. The current judgement ACN has against him DOES HAVE JURISDICTION, but because the man doesn't have any property in his name, and doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together, so he's virtually uncollectable. If anyone wants to donate $150 to the Scumbag Mario fund, I'll happily use it to get another judgement against him, Lord knows I have enough evidence to do it.

Mario, if you DO have a house/car in your name, just say so and we'll see if my Utah judgement has jurisdiction in North Carolina. So stop trying to change the subject, and address the direct questions that people have posed TO YOU, that you refuse to answer. I have yet to see anyone other then the "One Post Wonders" come to support you (no surprise). There is a reason for this. You can keep "friends" around for 2-3 years, but eventually they see you for what you are, and they leave you.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Last edited by [email protected] on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
halatos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Are you for real? You're talking "Grand Theft Auto" on your website. That's criminal. You don't have to enforce a conviction on that, the wonderful police will do it for you.

So, what of it? Did you get your conviction against Mario for GTA?

Chris
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you ask some of Mario's former employees if "switching VINs" is something that takes place at his workplace. Mario has stated that he has sold the same cars more then once, without getting proper title to those vehicles. That's stealing cars, no matter how you spin it.

And all you have to do is ask around a bit and you'll find guys that had their cars that they brought to Mario for work, only to find it getting sold to someone else. I know of one guy that had his car "disappear" only to see it driving on the street somewhere else. Ask around instead of trusting Mario's version's of the stories. The answers are out there Grasshopper.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
halatos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

You're doing the exact same thing you accuse Mario of doing. Dodging the issue and changing the subject.

One more time for the sake of the record: You said you were going to sue/prosecute Mario for GTA starting a year and a half ago. Did you get your conviction?

Chris
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking to the subject of THIS THREAD (Look at the title of THIS THREAD for crying out loud), I suggest you do the same. If you have information about Mario (good or bad), feel free to post it here, that's what this forum is for. But to change the subject to something else lke attacking me instead of addressing the subject matter itself (Ad Hominem) is not kosher.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=ad%20hominem

I answered your question in a previous post (just a few replies up) if you would bother to read it. Your mind is made up about him and refuse to acknowledge anything to the contrary.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
halatos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years back I needed a brake fluid reservoir for a 67 beetle I was helping restore and some master cylinder bolt spacers. Mario provided both in a timely fashion and even shipped in advance of payment.

Put me down as a satisfied customer. Fair price, good service.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your expert personal assessment of Mario is based on a $3 used brake fluid reservoir you bought a few years ago? Just trying to get this straight........ Laughing

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
Mario J G
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John H you were so dissatisfied with the first resto I did for you, then will you send me the award you got for it? And didn't you put vin numbers in both of the VW's I did for you? Its a good thing I did finish the 73? even if really was under a year on my part but look on my gallery page and see what I started with, because its not like you ever finished your 61and how long did you have that.

Don't feel bad I have customers that bring in cars to work on that have had chassis and title swaps. I'll bet there are thousands of VW's out there this way.( and no I didn't do all them) but I have a 68 boddy on a 74 pan with 66 front fenders 74 rear, (customers wants).

Must be everyone builds rails and buggies are doing it illegally.

John C I still don't think you thanked me for helping set up your wearhouse.
How many employees have you gone thru so far? I bet it was 6 just the month I was there. Is Eric still there or did you promise him alot and cheat him over?

Now I'm waiting to see if your going to let alot of people put comments about there experiance with me on your web site?

John you better quit before people stop feeling sorry for you because they will find out all you keep talking about is as empty as your threats,

Mario
Vintage werks resto
John Helgesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John C., if you want more pictures of your Euro at Mario's garage, let me know, I found a few the other night.

To keep on topic, there are hundreds of other good and legitimate vw shops out there to use instead of Mario's.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario J G wrote:
Hey John H you were so dissatisfied with the first resto I did for you, then will you send me the award you got for it? And didn't you put vin numbers in both of the VW's I did for you? Its a good thing I did finish the 73? even if really was under a year on my part but look on my gallery page and see what I started with, because its not like you ever finished your 61and how long did you have that.

Don't feel bad I have customers that bring in cars to work on that have had chassis and title swaps. I'll bet there are thousands of VW's out there this way.( and no I didn't do all them) but I have a 68 boddy on a 74 pan with 66 front fenders 74 rear, (customers wants).

Must be everyone builds rails and buggies are doing it illegally.

John C I still don't think you thanked me for helping set up your wearhouse.
How many employees have you gone thru so far? I bet it was 6 just the month I was there. Is Eric still there or did you promise him alot and cheat him over?

Now I'm waiting to see if your going to let alot of people put comments about there experiance with me on your web site?

John you better quit before people stop feeling sorry for you because they will find out all you keep talking about is as empty as your threats,

Mario
Vintage werks resto

So what's the deal on John's car, Mario? You seem to be sidestepping the issue repeatedly and I don't think it's by accident. Enough back-patting of your so-called quality work, let's hear what's up with John's car, apparently rotting away as we read this thread. Confused

As for all those "thousands" of VWs that have had body/pan swaps, I've been there once and never will I go there again. Major pain in the ass to sell a car with mismatched numbers. And I'm speaking from experience. Thanks for announcing that you've done plenty, though, all the more reason for me to never patronize your "business."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mario J G
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bugnut
I admit that I have saved a few real nice beetles by doing pan swaps. I'm sure every good shop has done it , your only looking to bash me if you think it doesn't happen everywhere.
I just worked on a "63" ghia that a woman bought and was told it was a "63" but everything looked 1970 to me. I'm not going to mention the shop that sold her the ghia but I couldn't read the vin# on the chassis but I'm sure with the IRS suspension and perfect pans that it was original "70". Theres a 51 beetle that shows up to our club meetings on a 64 chassis and no I never touched this car. Even John wanted the euro 59 on an IRS chassis so the title he got was sent to him to prove I had the car so he would pay for it. when I didn't get payment the car was sent to the crusher I have the semiphore posts still to prove it.

Damn even my show 64 was the body from one beetle and chassis from another, original chassis was bent in acceident. (Built in my driveway)

You have even seen it done on American hot rods and Over hauling and if you want to class me with Boyd Covington and Chip Foust then i'll take it as a compliment Very Happy

Mario
Vintage Werks resto
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario J G wrote:
if you want to class me with Boyd Covington and Chip Foust then i'll take it as a compliment Very Happy

who?
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario J G wrote:

if you want to class me with Boyd Covington and Chip Foust then i'll take it as a compliment Very Happy

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Are they crooked also?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario J G wrote:

You have even seen it done on American hot rods and Over hauling and if you want to class me with Boyd Covington and Chip Foust then i'll take it as a compliment Very Happy

Mario
Vintage Werks resto/chopshop/theif.
Did you mean Boyd Coddington, and Chip Foose. YOU are not, nor have ANYTHING to do with them.Class YOU with them?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
itlives
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario -It is time for you to REPENT of your EVIL ways!!!! Evil or Very Mad

John is an ethical MAN. He trusted that you were who you represented yourself to be.

Do you wonder why people like him seem to have everything going FOR them , while you have just the opposite? It's ethics.

Good things generally follow good people , while hard times and problems generally follow those that travel the other road.

John will put you behind him one day , but you are forever there.

It's not too late , do the right thing.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario J G wrote:
Hey Bugnut
I admit that I have saved a few real nice beetles by doing pan swaps. I'm sure every good shop has done it , your only looking to bash me if you think it doesn't happen everywhere.
I just worked on a "63" ghia that a woman bought and was told it was a "63" but everything looked 1970 to me. I'm not going to mention the shop that sold her the ghia but I couldn't read the vin# on the chassis but I'm sure with the IRS suspension and perfect pans that it was original "70". Theres a 51 beetle that shows up to our club meetings on a 64 chassis and no I never touched this car. Even John wanted the euro 59 on an IRS chassis so the title he got was sent to him to prove I had the car so he would pay for it. when I didn't get payment the car was sent to the crusher I have the semiphore posts still to prove it.

Damn even my show 64 was the body from one beetle and chassis from another, original chassis was bent in acceident. (Built in my driveway)

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

I don't give a shit how many cars you've built that way, I myself won't ever purchase another car with mismatched numbers. Here in Oregon, at least, it's a major pain in the ass to deal with when the car is sold out of state, at least.

Nice train-dodge on my questions about John's car, by the way. I'll continue to assume you're a crook. I've seen pics of the cars you've "restored," and I'm not that impressed.

Boyd Coddington as far as I can tell is a complete egotistical asshole and a former drunk, from what I gather, so if you want to be lumped in with the likes of him, then by all means, have at it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Johnzie333
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: mario Reply with quote

where is marios shop anyway? wasnt Vintage Werks Gary D's name from Charlotte? He has had that name for 15 years, i usedd to shop with him.

704-957-4277
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dukeandrews
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked damn!!! i wish i had seen this forum BEFORE i had dealings with mario!!! i didn't get screwed out of much, mostly just a cancelled check , a few days of vacation, and a bunch of time. but it could have been worse. it all makes sense now, i got a shady feeling from mario every time i talked to him.

LONG story short, mario contacted me through a wtb ad. i told him i was interested. he then told me he'd deliver a '65 bug to my house on the way to visit family. he first "lost" my deposit, then told me my check went through the washing machine, then told me it was misfiled, then asked for me to send ANOTHER check. he then REPEATEDLY cancelled delivery at the last minute, without calling. then he told me he would meet me in manassas, and didn't show up!!! that was the last straw. i gave mario the benefit of the doubt a number of times. the '65 he had may have been in good shape, but i wasn't going to deal with him anymore.

it all worked out for me in the end, because i found a realllly sweet '67 just down in baltimore. got a great deal and met some really cool people.

one of my buddies put it really well: "you got marioed!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: