Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mario Gavazzi aka: Vintagewerks in North Carolina
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dukeandrews wrote:
Shocked damn!!! i wish i had seen this forum BEFORE i had dealings with mario!!! i didn't get screwed out of much, mostly just a cancelled check , a few days of vacation, and a bunch of time. but it could have been worse. it all makes sense now, i got a shady feeling from mario every time i talked to him.

LONG story short, mario contacted me through a wtb ad. i told him i was interested. he then told me he'd deliver a '65 bug to my house on the way to visit family. he first "lost" my deposit, then told me my check went through the washing machine, then told me it was misfiled, then asked for me to send ANOTHER check. he then REPEATEDLY cancelled delivery at the last minute, without calling. then he told me he would meet me in manassas, and didn't show up!!! that was the last straw. i gave mario the benefit of the doubt a number of times. the '65 he had may have been in good shape, but i wasn't going to deal with him anymore.

it all worked out for me in the end, because i found a realllly sweet '67 just down in baltimore. got a great deal and met some really cool people.

one of my buddies put it really well: "you got marioed!"

I hope more people come out with stories like this so everyone can see what kind of person Mario is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Helgesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's done it again.

Mario posted pictures of my car in his gallery, that he pulled from my website, stating that he did the complete "restoration" (something he doesn't understand, a restoration is "stock"), of my car. Yes, I made the mistake of taking a car to him for a paint job, yes is was half *ssed, and I had to take the car out of his shop to get it finished.

I reported the pictures to the samba moderators who kindly removed them. But now he has them posted again, now claiming he did all the paint and body work. Well, he put a coat of paint on the car, sure. I had to repaint several areas on the car, put paint on the firewall, strip and paint the bumpers, plus I had to block out all the runs, there were plenty. Car should have come with a drip pan under it for all the runs in the clear. If he brings up his "parts book" he'll easily forget the several hunder dollars worth of parts that were never delivered that I had to replace on my own.

He also claims the wheels, which I had to have sandblasted, then I painted. I'm lucky they held air from all the pits that were in them.

I spent months fixing this car just so I could sell it, I was so put off from the whole thing.

Now he will come back and say, "if I was so dissatisfied with the whole thing, why did I have him do another one for him". Well, while I was spending all my time standing over his shoulder so he would work on my car, he conned me into buying a van for my wife. Well, it took him almost 2 years to paint it, and I had to pull it from his shop to finish it, when I paid for a finished vehicle. Not only did it have another half*ssed paint job, but I had to replace the motor that he had sold me, and I had to install.

Lets see, he also like to bring up the 61 bug thats on my website that I "never finished". I traded that car for a 59 ragtop, that I later sold. SO WHAT!

I'll say again, I gave up playing with VW and the entire scene because of the dealings I had with Mario, feeling like all of the deals out here were with crooks and half*sses.

There are hundereds of other VW businesses out there to deal with, all of which are better and more honest than him.
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This picture was recently posted, taken from outside Mario's "shop":

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Given what we know of him already, I have problems believing his stated reason.

One obvious upshot - if he has your car, you won't be seeing it again for awhile, if at all.

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to one of my anonymous sources,

"Mario does have a city business license for "Vintage Werks", but the State of NC status is unkown. There are no filings with the County register of Deeds.

"Vintage Werks" does NOT have a water/sewer or trash collection account with the city, water is likely provided as part of his lease, even though as a business he is required to have a dumpster.

Apparently Mario is very "Buddy Buddy" with the head of the department in charge of water billing, tax payments, and business license payments for the city, which may explain some things. Also, it's worth noting that the writing on the sign is in fact that of Mario's wife. The telephone number is presumably her cell."

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Messages will be checked on Thursdays."

The number to leave a message and the number that the UPS guy is supposed to call for deliveries is the same. Those UPS guys are going to be pissed if they have to wait until Thursday for a response. Laughing
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
myzamboni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somone should tear down that 'Notice' so UPS and his customers really get worked up.

Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dukeandrews
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, i can't believe that guy!
TheAJinator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an experience with Mario that just recently turned bad. I was recently hit in the passenger front in my Volkswagen by a Suburban while taking my fiance to Myrtle Beach. There was no police report filed but the kid driving his vehicle admitted fault and told his insurance company this. I couldn't afford a tow, so I bootlegged the vehicle back to the nearest place I could keep it until I decided what I was going to do. Mario suggested that I bring it to his shop so he could submit me an estimate and negotiate with the other driver's insurer. I come back the next day and the car is almost completely fixed, without me signing anything or discussing further. I told him that I was unemployed and could not pay him for the labor. He reassures me that the insurance company would pay and not to worry about it. I then start working on the vehicle, myself and get the vehicle in straight, drivable condition while Mario beats out a few dents. Mario and his wife then receive note from the insurance compant that they doubted me any entitlements due to there being no police report. Mario and I then agree upon me working for him for the time being in order to help repay him for the work he did do. I also told him that if he wanted me working for him hence, that he would have to pay me at least what I would need in a week in order to get by. I work for him for about a month and he pays me a grand total of about 328$. Needless to say, I'm upset at this even after he promised between four and five-hundred a week for the work I provided. I walk.

About a week later, I receive a call from the insurance company, stating that they agreed to the exorbitant estimate Mario submitted and that I would receive the check in approximately two weeks. Mario finds out and tells me he wants half when he strapped me for the hours I worked for him. I didn't feel he deserved the money after I put in all these hours for him and paid for less than a fraction.

I come home from work Monday to find my beloved VW missing!?! Evidently Mario came and towed off my car while I was at work. He says he has a lein on the vehicle, which I can't see possible, and disregarded the demand from the police to return the vehicle immedately.

I then filed a report on auto theft. I also learned that even if a 'mechanic' has a lein on a vehicle, he cannot come to pick up a vehicle at the victim's residence. It's still classified as theft.

I was told by the police that if he didn't return the vehicle promptly, that it would be confiscated and a warrant would be issued upon him.

What else can I do to get my VW back???????

Thanks,

-A.J.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should let everybody at Herbie's know on Thursday and see if he has to say anything about it. That is, if he's there. Also, just see how far the police take it. If they don't do anything about it, i'd get a lawyer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BryanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were in your shoes i would press charges to the fullest extent.
It is to bad the old mario threads were deleted. I could have sworn he was bragging about fixing your car out of the kindness of his own heart.

Motorwagen LLC
Concord NC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheAJinator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already got a lawyer in mind.

The other bad thing is since this has happened and I've had this car in my life so long, I have plenty of friends that are dying to do something about it for me.

One guy has already hung a rope from his tree and he told me this last night.

Yeah, the irony. He's been trying to bail out of the company for months. As a matter of fact, when I was working for him, he offered to sell/give the company over to me so he could bail out to Florida. I guess VW business is too scary for him. I also realized that all of the customers that came in while I was working came in complaining. Always about how work was submitted to him, already paid for, and TWO YEARS with no work ever completed.

I think announcing my situation to Herbie's is a great idea. I'll possibly get a little help and it'll make an example out of Mario as to how reputable he really is not.

-A.J.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Metalwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan, Mario spouts so much bullshit no one can keep it. Oh he was braggin no filler and all that crap as usual.

AJ sorry to hear your in such a mess with him, Like Hippies said let it be know Thursday. Maybe that will help. It's ironic that you were the only one to defend him in the rants thread after the Piedmont show. With friends like him who needs enemies(sp). Later, yell if i can help

Kelly aka
"Bubble & Nut Buster for wannabe BadBoy's of Restoration"
"There is no cure for Stupid"
ITMC "Drill SGT"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:
This picture was recently posted, taken from outside Mario's "shop":

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Given what we know of him already, I have problems believing his stated reason.

One obvious upshot - if he has your car, you won't be seeing it again for awhile, if at all.

thats fucking classic...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAJinator wrote:
I come home from work Monday to find my beloved VW missing!?! Evidently Mario came and towed off my car while I was at work. He says he has a lein on the vehicle, which I can't see possible, and disregarded the demand from the police to return the vehicle immedately.

I then filed a report on auto theft. I also learned that even if a 'mechanic' has a lein on a vehicle, he cannot come to pick up a vehicle at the victim's residence. It's still classified as theft.

Holy shit, that is crazy!

Can you request that the police accompany you to his shop while you retrieve your car?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ev, I told you this guy was bad news years ago. I want to remind you that he has stuff for sale in your classified section prowling for fresh victims.

John

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Can you request that the police accompany you to his shop while you retrieve your car?

Exactly what I was gonna say. Also, tell your friends to be cool, don't do anything to him or his place/stuff until you get your car back.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Ev, I told you this guy was bad news years ago. I want to remind you that he has stuff for sale in your classified section prowling for fresh victims.

John

I just went to his ads and if you click on 'Search for Feedback', this thread does not come up.

I'll fix that.

[email protected]

Very Happy
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
67stang302
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked for some ads by him but now he has no ads. For some reason I think he either deleted them and is now posting under another username Possibly that guy from the rants thread

SBSeven 1 YR and still going

59 Kombi laying beam
64 type 34
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

67stang302 wrote:
I just looked for some ads by him but now he has no ads. For some reason I think he either deleted them and is now posting under another username Possibly that guy from the rants thread

How hard did you look?:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Mario+J+G
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samba Classified are one of the best ways of getting new victims, er, customers.

John

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: