Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Albert Swan Neck Mirrors
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
crotchsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Albert Swan Neck Mirrors Reply with quote

hi there, looking for a set of Albert Swan Neck Mirrors, regular style or hooded. i prefer a set, but at least need the driver's side.

any and all help would be appreciated.

can email any and all leads to: [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't I sell you a set 2 years ago? The drivers side was an NOS hooded version too. If you got rid of them, you'll be sorry. I've been offered some substantial amounts of $$$ for the last few sets I have and turned them all away
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AggroJo has a set 4 sale
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Guillermo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a regular set N.O.S. and a pair of visors swan neck used, I probably sell if the money is really really extremly good. to sell Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr Paul Sanders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much would you be calling a really good offer ?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=136820 Did you see these. That is not a bad price considering you do not have to re-chrome them.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try contacting Phil Weiner out in Miami, Fl Heard he has a few sets for a great price. He even has a payment plan to help you out.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
You can try contacting Phil Weiner out in Miami, Fl Heard he has a few sets for a great price.

Before you call, make sure you are sitting down and avoid calling if you have a weak heart as you will soon experience a shortness of breath before breaking out in uncontrollable laughter and slamming down the phone in disbelief.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
You can try contacting Phil Weiner out in Miami, Fl Heard he has a few sets for a great price.

Before you call, make sure you are sitting down and avoid calling if you have a weak heart as you will soon experience a shortness of breath before breaking out in uncontrollable laughter and slamming down the phone in disbelief.

He has a set for sale right now for $1,500. Honestly!

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2splits wrote:
He has a set for sale right now for $1,500. Honestly!

Do they come with arms, heads & seals? We're not talking about the mounting bolt & glass only are we?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked with Phil and he has several sets------how did I know that? Very Happy
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hiram (slammedsplit) these are reserved for you at $4k

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I told you not to sell that early METAL visored Albert I sold you a few years ago. So now you can pick up these Aluminum ones
crotchsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: alberts Reply with quote

i made out ok. personally i like the regular alberts better than the visored ones anyway. and i'm no Phil Weiner when it comes to selling parts. of course it's a business, and i did sell the mirror you sold me for over double what i bought it off you, so i made out ok.

those mirrors are nice, but not $4000 nice. just my opinion. and for Phil, let's not go there, think he has been discussed in great length already. i have known Phil for 6 years and i don't see myself doing any business with him due to his crazy prices.

if he had those visored alberts, those would go for $8000 easy in his book. he offered me an NOS set of the regulars alberts for $4500! he is so crazy, just gotta laugh.

again, no disrespect intened, your mirrors are very nice, just that i won't pay that kind of money for a set. if someone does, then great for you. by the way, i just bought a set of the regular alberts.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rusted Relics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil has nothing at GREAT prices. Make sure you tell him exactly what you are looking for in complete detail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from this set. Not what you think. Fender mount instead of of the hood trim. Wink http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=4522423334&rd=1
=Petri Nut*1=
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: alberts Reply with quote

Sorry guys I obviously made a mistake here, I wrote the story from a different point of view to clearify the truth about alberts, it was wrong of me.

I regret the details I have written here, it was not ment to offend anyone.

I might have expressed my self incorrectly, i was not ment in this way.

Thanks

Last edited by =Petri Nut*1= on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Petri Nut. I emailed "oldvwfreek" last week when he posted the highbid on those fakes. I guess he threw a lot of money on the bid because he thanked me, but he is still high bidder. I believe Romano should be turned into eBay for fraud. He lies about most of the parts he sells. He sells NSU and Opel as VW all the time. A freind of mine purchased some "split" deluxe wipers from him and found out they were NSU (Auto Union). The guy's a crook and people need to know. Thanks for your information.
=Petri Nut*1=
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: alberts Reply with quote

post has been deleted

Last edited by =Petri Nut*1= on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
Stay away from this set. Not what you think. Fender mount instead of of the hood trim. Wink http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=4522423334&rd=1

Well it looks like Romano pulled the auction, lol. Hmmm I wonder who told him to do that?
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Alberts OVERPRICED this is the TRUTH! Reply with quote

=Petri Nut*1= wrote:
AND REGARDING HOODED ALBERTS; according to my knowledge THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ORIGINAL HOODED ALBERTS ( It's the truth!!!.

What has happend here are some smart guy once took the HOODED albert housings from a OPEL and VOLVO albert mirror and fitted to a swanneck mirror, they fit right on it takes 30 sec to replace it....
( yes albert supplied for several other european cars aswell ). And you actually choose to pay more for hooded fake alberts , WHAT A SHAME....

Here are some "hooded" Alberts that I found several years ago. The only reason I believed them to be for VW, is because the photograph on the box clearly despicts a VW in it.

I know these were made in 1965 because it is dated on the back of the box. Notice these Albert heads are made of aluminum and use a Grey plastic bezel to retain the glass in position.

I also have another hooded visor made of Chromed steel. It is very different from the way the glass is retained. It uses the regular transparent seal. I suspect it was manufactured earlier than the aluminum ones.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by RareAir on Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: