Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Albert Swan Neck Mirrors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: alberts Reply with quote

=Petri Nut*1= wrote:
It would be cool to have an exact date for the beginning of the alberts, I mean do anyone have an accessory booklet in which they are shown, and from what year? I would be surprised if you find them in a 52-53 book that's for sure. Maybe we could find out how way back they go.

Check this out. I have a pair of NOS Albert fender gaurds. The Beetle despicted in the box wears a set of swan neck mirrors & a set of hooded Albert mirror (on the A-pillar) The rear of the box is dated 1954.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
53 0val wrote:
Stay away from this set. Not what you think. Fender mount instead of of the hood trim. Wink http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=4522423334&rd=1

Well it looks like Romano pulled the auction, lol. Hmmm I wonder who told him to do that?

It's called FRUAD and I think he got told so. Wink
=Petri Nut*1=
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: alberts Reply with quote

post has been deleted

Last edited by =Petri Nut*1= on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Oskar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the hinge mount hooded alberts then? I have had (and sold) some NOS ones. Some with and some without the box. The boxes had VW on them for sure. So the hooded alberts were made for vw's, they just did not come on a swan neck.

The most funny thing about the swan necks is that you can't see shit in them. I mounted a hooded mirrorhead just to see better.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oskar wrote:
The most funny thing about the swan necks is that you can't see shit in them. I mounted a hooded mirrorhead just to see better.

Aren't your regular Albert heads & hooded heads the same dimension? I know mine are.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Alberts OVERPRICED this is the TRUTH! Reply with quote

=Petri Nut*1= wrote:
Recently we see a hot competition in sweden, competing finding the most alberts and selling them to sorry " NAIVE" americans, for the most possible money!....

You must have been involved in that competition. According to a friend named Guillermo, you sold him a visored Albert head for $275.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oskar wrote:
How about the hinge mount hooded alberts then? I have had (and sold) some NOS ones. Some with and some without the box. The boxes had VW on them for sure. So the hooded alberts were made for vw's, they just did not come on a swan neck.

You must be kidding Shocked They're the BEST mirrors I have ever used. They do not shake in the wind and have no blind spots. Used in conjuction with the rearview mirror, I have 180 degrees of visibility. You must have mounted they wrong or you are nearsighted. Rolling Eyes
Oskar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not nearsighted at all and I mounted it the right way. Maybe I need to adjust it a little, but I do think you have better vision with normal hinge mount mirrors.

Quote:
=Petri Nut*1= wrote:
Recently we see a hot competition in sweden, competing finding the most alberts and selling them to sorry " NAIVE" americans, for the most possible money!....

You must have been involved in that competition. According to a friend named Guillermo, you sold him a visored Albert head for $275

That would be me, but I am not in that competition.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oskar wrote:

Quote:
=Petri Nut*1= wrote:

You must have been involved in that competition. According to a friend named Guillermo, you sold him a visored Albert head for $275

That would be me, but I am not in that competition.

I was referring to the passenger side Albert, sorry Oskar. Pertri Nut*1 sold Guillermo the passenger side ($275), Oskar sold Guillermo the drivers side ($250).
crotchsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: alberts Reply with quote

ok, so maybe the alberts didn't come out until the 60's, and maybe there are rarer parts out there, but alberts are by far one of the most stand out accessories around. in the several vw shows that i entered my '66 i had tons of people comment on the mirrors, even more so than a Becker Monza radio that was in a split next to me! now which one is more rare? definitely the split radio, but alberts draw more attention for some reason.

and as far as repops, i don't think the prices will be affected if they ever come out. repops will be coming out soon for the rare 4.5 x 15 Fuchs, but as with most repops, they don't measure up to the real thing. not so say there aren't nice repops out there, but repops just are the same as originals.

just my two cents. and if you pay over $1000 for alberts, you have too much money on your hands! NOS or not.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bmtx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Slammedsplit- is that a pic of your car with the Delswifts?
crotchsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: alberts Reply with quote

no, not my split. mine is all original right now. but that will soon change. a set of earlies will be going on soon with a set of alberts. and slammed of course.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: alberts Reply with quote

slammedsplit wrote:
no, not my split. mine is all original right now. but that will soon change. a set of earlies will be going on soon with a set of alberts. and slammed of course.

Damn, you slammin the 52?

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
rye356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Alberts OVERPRICED this is the TRUTH! Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by rye356 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rye356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Alberts OVERPRICED this is the TRUTH! Reply with quote

Sorry but i want to live in peace and have fun in my life so i delete this message

Last edited by rye356 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Petri Nut*1 = Thomas Andersson?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post rye356 but you don't have to worry about us. Sounds like your real problem is Petri Nut. This isn't our concern really. Nobody here thinks you guys in Sweden are bad. The internet is a funny place. I deal with people in Sweden all the time. I deal with people in Denmark and Germany daily. There are 'good' guys and 'bad' guys all over the internet but we don't make judgements about nationalities. I know some 'bad' guys around the block from me. Don't take it personally----none of the rest of us do. Wink
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
Nobody here thinks you guys in Sweden are bad. Don't take it personally----none of the rest of us do. Wink

Why the heck does it seem that Sweden has all the good stuff? They've got all the early (Pre 55) Beetles both in sunroof & convertible configurations. Even my 56 vert came from Sweden. More than 60% of the Splits in this site 4-sale are in Sweden.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked about this before and someone came on and called me a liar. The truth is that in 1950 Sweden did not get their whole order of VWs so in 1951 they got twice as many as they ordered. I don't care what the production numbers say because they do not reflect what really happened; they only reflect the supposed number made for Sweden. Sweden actually got twice as many '51s to make up for the loss of '50s and that's what really happened. I know an 82 year old Swedish man who actually owned a dealership and remembers ACTUALLY what happened with the '50 and '51 cars. That might explain why you can find some great '51s still in Swedish collections.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Albert mirror topic (& Romano), They're Baaaack!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46093&item=4524171758&rd=1
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: