Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just wanted to share the news
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
plasticman1432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Just wanted to share the news Reply with quote

My Manx was voted 'Buggy of The Month' on the Manx Club website(www.manxclub.com) for the month of December. My birthday was the 18th, so it was a double cool thing.
http://www.manxclub.com/botm.htm

Big bonus: a fellow Samba user, who uses the screen name 'monki77,' was also on the same list of entrants(his "clone" was #1; my OG Manx was #5 on the list). He's the tard that left me holding a set of KYB shocks and never sent me the money....stopped responding to e-mails and such. Karma really does work, I guess. Happy New Year Wink

'68 Meyers Manx: M1689D815E

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that. Congrats!

Did you get any pics from the previous owners of the buggy back in 1968 or so when it was built? That would be great to see.

I didn't know Chrome Jackmans were available back then.

Nice Buggy for sure!

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
plasticman1432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any old pics, other than a few crappy pics the previous owner had on file for his insurance agency. I've got a ton of old receipts for parts he put into it, and many of those businesses are long gone now(like Johnny's Speed & Chrome, for example).

I did meet a guy who may have been the builder a couple of years ago; we're in the same club, based in New England(www.the-bug-club.com). He was a Manx dealer in NH, and built about 12 of them between 1967 and 1969......unfortunately, he didn't keep any records of those cars.

As far as the wheels being absolutely original, that I can't say. The PO told me so, and the car was built 2 years before I was born. I'm sure those wheels were never on another car, that's for sure. Very Happy

Thanks btw, Bob. Cool

'68 Meyers Manx: M1689D815E

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: