Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Addict - [email protected] - Jordan Cyr
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VW Addict
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
toyfield
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: VW Addict - [email protected] - Jordan Cyr Reply with quote

We bought a 'Bud Vase Very Rare Aluminum 1950's'. It was hobby store tin. (see pic)
And we bought 'one VW bus 1968-1979 Headliner light. Good Condition.' It had a missing tab. (see pic)
This broken tab part was not loose in the package therefore broken before sent.
Very poor packing! One newspaper stuffed in a plain brown envelope!
We asked for full refund, shipped them back and did not get any shipping refunded !
So Aluminum verses tin, Good Condition verses broken tab equals misrepresentation !
Jordan Cyr charged $5.00 shipping spent $1.06 plus one brown envelope on shipping.
Jordan Cyr said 'If you want a refund, I am not going to argue, but I want the products back first' and did not say that shipping would not be refunded.
When he received the vase and light the tone changed and he now says 'The items were as advertised' and shipping was not to be refunded.
So if you buy from Jordan Cyr make sure that his advertisement is accurate.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=103794
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=103793

Past emails:
[email protected] or [email protected]
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyfeild, Thanks for the feedback!

Now, heres what happened.

Buyer pays me with paypal for the auctions. My $5.00 shipping fee was too send two items, a vase and a domelight. I paid $.60 for the envolope. and $3.85 for shipping. Paypal also takes out almost $1.50 in the transaction, thus I think a $5 shipping is very fair! But thats ontop of the point.
Buyer sends me a email telling me the dome light is broken, its not the vase he wanted, etc.
OK, so I told him, I would refund him but only if he sends the items back, or else he might be like some of the others I have dlet with in the past, and sent money back and never got the items I sold to them.
So I got the envolope in the mail yesterday (which was very poorly packed... and even if I accidently "poorly packed it" to your standerds, why would two wrongs make a right?" So, he put a small peice of a newspaper and wrapped the dome light in a envolope and sent it back. To be a smartass? I dont know.

I emailed him yesterday, told him I got the items and I sent your money paypal. I refunded him, IN FULL. No, I did not refund him for the $5 shipping, which it OUTRAGOUS to him! And I don't fell as I should. I listed the auctions both with pictures and details of the items. And because they are not what he though they were, thats now my fault? I told him he was lucky I was giving him a refund because not everyone on here has offered refunds, I have been there.

So, now he is hammering on me paying for his $1.06 to send it back. How sad..? Here is out last two latest emails.

To: Jordan Cyr <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Ad for 30 Pict-3 VW Carb and Intake Setup
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:14:33 -0800

The refunds are not accurate. We sent you $25 total plus 1.06 for our return shipping. You refunded only $20. You have not include the refund of the shipping portion. Since neither of your products were as advertised the $5 shipping fees and our return shipping cost of $1.06 for a total of $6.06 should be refunded.

P & C

Phil,

The items were as advertised, but you decided to return them. As I told you before you returned them, I wasn't going to pay for the shipping fees. I don't get re-embersed for shipping, why should you? I thought I was doing you a favor by returning the items. Not many people would have. I gave you a full refund on your items. Not only that, but to top it all off, paypal took fees out of me, have I asked for that back? No. You should be happy I refunded your payment, why does this have to continue with nonsense.
Jordan
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also,

Do you remember this email?

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:12:32 -0500

P&C,

If you say "I did not respond to yesterday's email" maybe its because it never got to me, so do not point fingers at me if it was your fault not getting to me.

The domelight was not broken when I sent it, it had a tab, everything was as pictured. I took pictures of the dome light and pictures of the vase on the classified ads when you purchased it.

If you want a refund, I am not going to argue, but I want the products back first, or else I am going to be out the money and the products. I will refund you for the products, I am not refunding for the shipping that it had costed me. That vase was never used before, so the only way it could be dirty is if dust got on it. Sorry it was in my garage and I didn't dust it.

Jordan Cyr
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a deal with Jordan on a few parts and my transaction with him went well. Good communication and parts arrived on time and as described.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a few of those "Engine repair" kits from Jordan. Not a high dollar item, but it went smooth and i'd deal with him anytime.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith and Glen.
Keith - I am glad the parts made it there on time. Thanks again.
Glenn - I remember those engine kits, Those were cool, would you believe I sold out of them and forgot to keep on for myself! I bought more, I made about $.08 each on them, lol but it wasn't about the money. I bought more and they changed thier design and didn't tell me until I got the package, frankly I think the new design sucks but oh well, Now I have 200 rubber band kits and don't know what to do. LOL. Thanks again.
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a very nice aftermarket 2-point seatbelt from Jordan (vwaddict). The belt and buckle are in very nice condition, packed well and shipped promptly. The price was also very reasonable.

Jordan is A-OK in my book.

-Stan Wohlfarth

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubinit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have bought many items from jordan (vw addict) and was very pleased with his representation of the parts and his packaging and the time for shipping and his prices were very fair

he is a good guy to deal with from the east coast unlike some others i have dealt with

Very Happy Very Happy
Not Safari Izzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to post my 2 cents about Jordan. The guy is a complete rip-off/scam artist. He sold me a 6 volt radio, the radio was listed as a 1954 6 volt Motorola radio that "fits" an oval dash, the add also said the radio was in working condition.

The radio did not fit in my oval dash, unless of course I cut a big ass hole in the dash to make it fit. If that is the definition of "fitting" then even my home stereo would fit in my car if I cut a big enough hole in the dash. Also, the add stated the radio worked, it didn’t work at all. The add was also for a speaker that came with the radio, well the speaker that came with the radio was completely ripped and didn’t work as well. He did offer to give some money back, as it seems this is his common business practice:

1) Find something broken
2) Sell it
3) Customer complains
4) He gives some money back
5) Off to the next sucker

Or

1) Attach a 1960's part to a 1954 oval (or just flat out lie about the part)
2) Sell the item as a 1954 oval part (knowing full well that the part does not belong on an oval)
3) Get customer complaint
4) Send some money back
5) Off to the next sucker

I know this guy has a bunch of supporters (some who make a living off of being vague and lying as well). I not here to start off another Jordan debate, we all can search and find a gang of those, I just want to let people know of my experience with him. I asked all the right questions before making the purchase, does the radio work, does it fit into an oval dash, and just plain out got ripped off.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY!! Take the time to search and find all the stories of how this guy has ripped people off....I didn't and paid for it.

1952 Beetle 11G
1956 Beetle 151
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David58bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought several items from Jordan. I doubt he poorly shipped anything to anyone. I cuss at alot of the stuff I get it is over kill on the packaging which is a good thing. Jordan I will send you this 6.06 so you can refund them. I would suggest you send them a crying towel also. Take a majic marker and write crying towel from David58Bug on it. Some people just don't get it do they? I bought a set of heads a month ago from another sellar I didn't ask the cc's of the heads this was a 425.00 dollar mistake on my part with shipping. They will only work only with racing fuel. Guess what I just bought another set of heads from him this week. I did laugh and ask what the cc's were on the second set. I told him it was my fault on the other set I bought and wasn't upset in any way, and that I would use them down the road just not on this engine. I will add this Jordan you don't owe them 6.06 I will just send it so you can send it to them to end this and then they can STFU.
vdubadm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an excellent experience. Paid paypal on Tuesday, and got products on Thursday. Will do business with again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2nd purchase from him was excellent.payed for the fog light on saturday and got it on wendsday.will buy from again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David58bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did send Jordan the $6.06. It seems like this thread is more positive than negitive. I would buy from him in a heartbeat. By the way Jordan I haven't checked to see if the speedo works that I bought when I sent you the money for the speedo and the $6.06 and don't care if it works as stated in your add you said unsure. You packed it as if it had the worth of a NOS part.
rustbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Positive Feedback for VW Addict Reply with quote

Bought a lightbar at a great price. Showed up in two days. Better than in the pictures. Thanks!
David58bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan did you get the $6.06 I sent ya a month or so ago?
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

LOL yes I did. Thanks.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback as well everyone.
richiesgarage Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GORDAN HAS SOLD ME SEVERAL LITERATURE ITEMS WHICH HAVE BEEN DESCRIBED ACCURATLY. THIS ALL CHANGED WITH A TOW BAR I BOUGHT. IT CAME WITHOUT PINS, A MAIN BOLT THAT HOLDS THE COUPLIER ON, AND IT WAS BENT AND SLIGHLY TWISTED. HIS RESPONSE WAS, THE BAR WAS SOLD "AS IS". HE TOLD ME THAT HE HAD TOWED CARS WITH IT, AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. HOW CAN YOU TOW A BUG WITHOUT THE RETAINING PINS, AND WITH ONE OF THE COUPLIER BOLTS MISSING? SURE HE'LL TAKE IT BACK, MINUS THE $20 COST TO NJ AND THE FREIGHT BACK. I'VE READ HIS FEEDBACK ON NON LITERATURE SALES, WHAT HE DESCRIBES, AND WHAT YOU GET ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. HE NEEDS TO TAKE TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS MISTAKES, OR NOT BE ALLOWED TO ADVERTIZE ON THE SAMBA. THIS SITE IS FOR HONEST "VW " PEOPLE, WHY SHOULD A FEW SPOIL IT FOR THE REST? LET EVERETT KNOW IF YOU HAVE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM, OR HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS PERSONS SELLING ETHICS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell is GORDAN?

In one of his responces by email he calls me Jerome... how do you screw that up?
On another one... Jeremy
On another one... Jason
(read the emails below!!)

IT'S
JORDAN
JORDAN
JORDAN
Please get that through your head. Even the topic title says it.. and all my emails do to.

I knew you were the type of person to post this matter, here is a email I saved all the emails. Let's have them judge --- fine with me!
I offered your money back and you still cry... so whats next? What do you think Iowegian a cookie?

I had it for sale for $75 with free shipping.. he wanted to save $.75 cents and made me an offer of $50.00 and he ships it with a call tag.. so I agreed.

Here are the e-mails (backwards because that's the way they go from A-Z): ... read from bottom to start.

The name is Jordan. I have signed it Jordan on all of my emails.
I am not sending for it, you send for this one and I offered to bring it to fed ex, you were all about saving $.75 on the $20.00 I wanted to ship it. So you sent for it. Because I did not schedule the shipping, YOU DID, I cannot even take the route of filing a shipping claim because I did not ship it.
I will refund you for the tow bar, shipping is shipping. If you had insurance on it, file a claim. You dont want it, thats fine But I am not paying for your needs. It is a good tow bar and I know there is nothing wrong with it, but once again my offer stands, I am not going to keep on with this nonsense going over with you about this towbar.
Jordan

RICHARD DEFABRIZIO wrote:
JEROME, FINE, I'LL PACKAGE IT UP AND YOU CAN SEND FOR IT. I WANT MY $50 PLUS
THE $20 FOR SHIPPING AND WE WILL PART OUR WAYS. RICHIE

----Original Message Follows----
To: RICHARD DEFABRIZIO
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Original VW Bug Tow Bar Excellent Cond
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

My name is Jordan for the second time......
I quote you...
"if you want this back, it cost me $20 to get it here, and you can pay for
it to go back. richie." Did I say I wanted it back? I told you to RETURN IT
and I will refund you.
Yes, I used to tow VW's and then I stopped buying them. I used to tow
with with on a weekly basis. Don't tell me this doesn't tow, because last
time it was used and I can give you the specific dat was on June 18th for a
600 mile trip and everything went perfect. I have other things to do then
talk about a $50.00 towbar that is used, good day!

Jordan

jason, did you look at the beam on the dolly? how can you miss the left
side being up an inch? there are 2 bolts required to hold the couplier in
place, it's the "back" bolt ~ 4" from the front one. i know it is used, and
i expect it to have wear, not be damaged. do you tow vw's? this will not set
down right on the ball, it will ride up on one side. i towed bettles over
1200 miles one way with a bar bent like this that came with the car. it
hopped around corners when i made lefts. sometimes you miss things or are
not familiar with a problem, and you just need to make a ajustment and move
on. when this happens at my shop, we do what we have to make it right and
keep the customer happy. if you want this back, it cost me $20 to get it
here, and you can pay for it to go back. richie

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:42:41 -0700 (PDT)

Rich,

OK I got the pictures.
a.) look at the original picture, that front bolt is there.
b.) look at the original picture again... it is not bent, its on the
ground smooth, if it was, one side would be up on in the air.
c.) It is a used tow bar, that SLIGHT bend in the middle... are you being
serious? Anyway, return it, I will refund you the tow bar, and it will be
done.
Jordan

jordan, check the pics carefully. flat you can see it is up on one side
and
in. the small center is also bent becuse of it. looking down on the bent
bar, it is slightly bent in and the top is twisted towards the other side,
also the couplier has one of the bolts missing that held the safety chains
and keeps the couplier from pivoting up. this is typical of towing damage
from turning to sharp. it is not from ups. let me know what you think.
thanks, richie

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

No, I never recieved any pictures

RICHARD DEFABRIZIO wrote: jeremy, did you get
the pics? like to settle this quickly, so i can do
something with it. thanks, richie

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

Richie. Show me a picture of where it was bent. Thats shipping fault if it
is. I sold it as it was and it was not bent, even the picture shows that. I
don't understand whats missing, the Pins, ok I will replace that, that or
send it back and I will refund it.

RICHARD DEFABRIZIO wrote: jordan, it's not that
i feel that way, it is the way the bar is. i can send
it back, but will you refund the shipping? if you will not, then we need to
make an ajustment. i made you an offer on what i thought was a usable tow
bar. how can you use it when parts are missing, and it is bent? i am not
made with you, i just feel that you did not realize it was in this
condition. how do you feel about it? richie

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:26:43 -0700 (PDT)

I am sorry you feel this way. Send it back to me if you wish and I will
refund you.
Jordan

jordan, recieved the tow bar today. this is a breakdown bar that i asked
you
about. you said it was not. i could have saved some money if i3 bolts had
been removed so it could have been a lot smaller. also there are no pins or
catches for them, and one of the main bolts for the coupler is missing. the
thing that really upset me , is that it is twisted/bent. it can not tow
properly. get back to me about this, richie

jordan, i'll put it in paypal tonight. let me know approx. size and
weight
of it once it is broken down. thanks you, richie

Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

Richie, Your books were sent. I would take a UPS call tag for it (you pay
shipping) and you give me $50.00 for the bar, that's fair enough. let me
know.
Jordan

jason, if you take it apart and wrap it in cardboard, i can send a ups
call
tag for it. the best i can give for it would be $50. it is for resale, and
you know what new ones cost. have you packed up the lot of books i bought?
take care, richie

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 05:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am not in a big hurry and I dont plan on packaging it up and loosing money
on shipping, but whats the offer

RICHARD DEFABRIZIO wrote: A visitor to TheSamba.com
has replied to your ad at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=335373
and sent the following message:

Ad: Original VW Bug Tow Bar Excellent Cond - $80.00 FREE SHIPPING

jordan, if you do sell this, let me know for an offer. thanks, richie

If you have been contacted by a scam artist similar to the ones
listed at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253
or have any other concerns about your privacy, please forward
this email to TheSamba.com at <removed by moderator>

Regards,
Everett Barnes
http://www.thesamba.com
richiesgarage Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan, so i don't know your name, what does that have to do with the tow bar? in reading your replys, you always avoid the main problem and try to place blame on everyone else or the shipping media. that tells me how liittle a person you are. when you are wrong admit it!!!. you certainly can not accept when someone proves you wrong. you used this bar 2 months ago? how did you tow without the retaining pins? i have the pics to show the damage, and it was not cause by ups. so what is wrong with trying to save a buck, you are trying to make one? i bring up valid points and you avoid answering them. look for me at all the major shows from conn. to florida. i would like to talk to you face to face, but maybe you are not man enough to do that either? richie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie, don't threaten me. If you want to meet up with me I more then welcome you to do it, we will see who this little man is your talking about.

Also, here is some wise advice you should take, you are a newbe here so you might want to watch what you say and who you say it to.

You know how many times I offered for you to RETURN THE TOWBAR and yet... you are still crying? It's simple. Quit being all over saving $.75 cents and send the tow bar back to me and I will refund you in full! Also, you said the pins were gone, told you I would replace them but I am waiting to see which route you are going to take. ARE YOU going to return it or not. I am not playing games with you. If you get someones name wrong FOUR TIMES then you must not all be there because it's not that hard. Now, that you wanted to save $.75 by shipping it yourself, if it's DAMAGED like you say, it's your responsibilty to take up with UPS on the shipping damage. Other than that, stop wasteing my time if you just want someone's shoulder to cry on because I don't think anyone else want's to hear it either.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: