Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi sporster I.D.?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Empi sporster I.D.? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if this is an original Empi sportster? Here's some pics. A local guy is selling a bunch of VW stuff and this buggy he's willing to let go for like 150 bucks and it appears to me to be an EMPI unit, but I'm not sure....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pardon my finger in the one shot...I used a disposable camera and I didn't realize my finger/thumb was so invasive in one of my shots...Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kubel Nick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sold Sportster in kit form AND plan form, meaning anyone could make the body themselves using the dimension/measurements from the plan. Meaning the home built bodies probably wouldn't have any ID on them. That one I personally believe to be home built, not the same quality as a factory built body IMO.
edgy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up with the 914?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
CM Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bugnut, that buggy looks familiar... any chance you found that in prundale ?? just curious. if you did then I could tell you of a nice unrestored example of an empi sportster that you could take a look at to compare. Rick H.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is out in Dexter, Oregon...I was figuring it was a homebuilt, just thought I'd check. He also has a sandrail for 250 bucks, complete, tranny and 1600 and all, which would make a sweet budget rail or else to my preference, drag strip bracket racer...hmmmmm, quarter mile action...Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: