Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

eberspacher gas heater
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
abl1111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: eberspacher gas heater Reply with quote

Anyone have an idea why the fuel creeps back down the fuel line ( it's a clear fuel line so I can see it ) when my eberspacher heater is not used for a day or so ? And when not used for a few weeks, the fuel will go all the way back down to the fuel pump itself.

This throws off the timing on the heater.

Thx - your help is greatly appreciated.
California Kublewagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the fuel runs through the fuel pump (a solenoid which also serves as the fuel cutoff) directly into an injector in the heater body. If gas is creeping back down your line over time, it's most likely due to the solenoid not shutting off all the way, thus allowing gravity to pull the fuel back down the line.

As for a solution, I'd say pull your fuel pump and clean it out (such as with carburetor cleaner, spray the inside out. This should remove any solids that are not allowing the solenoid to fully close, thus keeping the fuel from draining back down.) It's also possible the solenoid is either weak from use/time/or low power due to a bad connection.

Hope that helps.
abl1111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say solenoid, how does that mechanically work in pumping fuel. I have a late model BN2 heater - it has only a metering fuel pump.

I like your idea of taking it out and cleaning it. I have not ever done that for fear of breaking something - because the pump and heater works.

Is it an easy take apart and clean ?

Thx
Buckly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espar.com/htm/specials/bn2bn4.htm
I don't know, maybe this site has helpful info.
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our new public Thing web page has a combination of web links that will help you greatly. Click the link below then scroll down to gas heater and check out the links until your problem is solved.

Go to:

http://www.eppx.com/veewiki/index.php?pagename=TheThing

K-mann
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: