TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The KidVRod. (By request..) Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Hebster52 Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:51 pm

WolvenGoth wrote: this is totally awesome. my 2cents: since it's far from stock anyway (duh) go on, make it a splitwindow!

FYI. It will become a split. That is why I shaped the oval rearwindow more like an american football not as an oval... :wink:

BTW. The "oval" on it now used to be a big 70's rearwindow... :D

vwdmc16 Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:25 pm

So will it have more minature split features: semaphores, dual glove box, pope nose tail light, crotch coolers, etc?

RINC Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:30 pm

I just read through the thread here an I cant wipe the smile off my face.

Nice. To cool.

Hebster52 Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:31 pm

Split splitdash, Yes. :wink:

Semaphores. No, too much trouble to shorten them and narrow them to fit into the chopped -74 posts... :lol:

Shrunk popesnose. Definitly!! 8)

Crotch coolers. No, the early splits didn't have them either, nor did the standard splits... :wink:

Hebster52 Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:39 pm

BTW, I did some calculations today. So far I have worked almost 100 hours on it since the start of the project in the end of May... :shock:

DurocShark Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:42 pm

Wow. Just wow.

I'd be happy if I could weld a straight line!

:oops:

gumby Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:58 am

cool! wish I could do that for my son!

rusty57 Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:45 am

This is the biginning of a possibly profitable venture for you. I would pay to have one of those for my kids. But, i have no skills and no money either, so i'll just get enjoyment from watching you fab this one.

Hebster52 Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 am

Reshaped the front hood yesterday.
Left after, right before. Because it is made from a -74 standard hood it became too straight when shortened/narrowed. I had allready done one piecut before but felt it wasn't enough...
Can you see the difference?

I also started to cut the split centerpillar to shape. :wink:

Hebster52 Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:45 am

rusty57 wrote: This is the biginning of a possibly profitable venture for you. I would pay to have one of those for my kids. But, i have no skills and no money either, so i'll just get enjoyment from watching you fab this one.

I say no thanks to start fabbing many of these... :shock: Who would pay $3000 for a body??? :( (That would be only for the hours spent working on it... :cry:

I dont want to start fiberglass any bodies either because of lack of skills and knowledge, but if someone does have the skills and is willing to pay to use the body as a mold they can do it... :wink:

67_13Deluxe Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:13 am

That is some pretty damn nice work!!! Its amazing how you did that. I wouldnt even know where to start!!! Nice Job!!!

2Pack Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:36 am

I can't believe you've done all this since May. And everything is in such good proportion. Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn to do metalworking like this?

volkswagenut Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:53 am

thats awsome. :wink:

Hebster52 Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:18 pm

2Pack wrote: I can't believe you've done all this since May. And everything is in such good proportion. Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn to do metalworking like this?

Hmm... I'm learning alongside the project progresses.. I use this as my error and trial object so I can then concentrate on finishing the metalwork on The Hebster and finish it during the winter for the next season... :wink:

It is much fun and also very rewarding. This way all my scrapmetal lying around on the backyard becomes usefull again... :lol:

WagenKult Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Good work. That is a badass little ride for sure 8) Can't wait to see it all finished.

TeamSpatula Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Awesome! I feel like we're all watching history being made - you know that thing will be all over the internet once it's finished...and we can say we knew it back when...
:)
keep up the good work!

Copper Jewel Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:47 pm

Hebster52 wrote: rusty57 wrote: This is the biginning of a possibly profitable venture for you. I would pay to have one of those for my kids. But, i have no skills and no money either, so i'll just get enjoyment from watching you fab this one.

I say no thanks to start fabbing many of these... :shock: Who would pay $3000 for a body??? :( (That would be only for the hours spent working on it... :cry:

I dont want to start fiberglass any bodies either because of lack of skills and knowledge, but if someone does have the skills and is willing to pay to use the body as a mold they can do it... :wink:

Hopefully someone will take you up on your offer. Should be easy to sell them.

Hebster52 Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:18 am

So. Some progress yesterday

Finished the rearwindow. Maybe this thread should be moved to the Splitwindow forum?? :wink:

Also started to weld in the rear roofsection.

From this picture you can see that the shrunk reardecklid have to shrink some more...

volkswagenut Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:00 am

looking good man ! :wink:

Rusted Rockers Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:33 am

thats one cut bug....it looks good cant wait to see that done... 8-[