TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do for your Bus today? Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652  Next
Hella Bro Sun May 27, 2007 8:24 pm

-For my 21 I finished the bulkhead interior pieces and also put on the rear hatch upholstered panel.
-For my 66 Westy (Its been in storage,so I brought it home to give it some "lovin") I took various grades of steel wool and cleaned up the louvered windows-all 5 of them- I also put in a new crank mechanism
on a louvered window that just broke-its so nice to have some spare parts!- also put on some vintage water travel decals on the interior wood just below the poptop- monday i'll find some time to clean up the aluminum trim on both front and back westy racks.-Im also gonna mount the west tent brackets on the roof and front bumper

VWAdam Sun May 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Yesterday I bought and hauled my new Panel home from Mississippi.
Today I broke the drums free, unloaded it and cleaned 27 years of trash and rat crap out of it.

Hella Bro Sun May 27, 2007 8:50 pm

Icepick or pushbutton 64 panel?

VWAdam Sun May 27, 2007 9:00 pm

pushbutton. M-code date is May 30. There are a couple of pics in the bus hunting history thread.

EL DUB Sun May 27, 2007 9:07 pm

i am in the process of stripping EL DUB to bare metal inside and out should have one more good afternoon and then its off to the paint shop.

Maybe ill post some naked bus pictures later this week

Adaze1 Sun May 27, 2007 9:29 pm

I drove my slamed single cab loaded down with parts to Bug out 61 a seven hour trip each way

ADAZE1

Daddybus Sun May 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Installed privacy deadbolt on rear hatch and installed curtain rods and curtain on the rear hatch. Ready enough to camp.

RINC Sun May 27, 2007 9:45 pm

I got in touch with the shipper that the buyer of one of my buses hired to ship it out.

I looked at many pics of my buses today as I am 1800 miles away from them.

vw7266 Sun May 27, 2007 10:06 pm

chris which bus did you sell?

Hiramhaus Sun May 27, 2007 11:15 pm

This last weekend:

Got a MIG
Got a 16 foot trailer
cleared a room, where soon there will be a garage door
Got dual Kadrons from Samba Classified

Campy Sun May 27, 2007 11:15 pm

It got up to 90 degrees, today, and I was removing sheet metal screws, bolts, and the right outer front floor section from the free double cab that I got. It was in an accident some 25 years ago and some idot replaced the whole far right front section using globs of welds from an arc welder with overlapped sections on the seat pedestal and floor with screws and welded on inside, sections from two dog legs overlapped with screws and plenty of mud, far right side of dash from another bus welded to the original dash (arc welder) with a big hump where it was welded, and A pillar and dogleg to far to the rear. Has anyone seen worse body work than this? I'll post some pictures in my "opinions on double cab" post.

RINC Sun May 27, 2007 11:24 pm

vw7266 wrote: chris which bus did you sell?

Why the Standard of course.

Stock height 4X4 all the way baby. :evil:

mabalot5150 Sun May 27, 2007 11:24 pm

i got a middle seat (not correct) and some door seals... i still need to do a bunch of shit....

ratpanel61 Mon May 28, 2007 12:11 am

Blew the 2027cc motor up on the way home from Bugout 61

Cocoabean Mon May 28, 2007 12:59 am

I washed my bus for the fourth time since getting it in February of '06. And i waxed it, the front doors at least.

xavi_242 Mon May 28, 2007 2:25 am

This weekend I fixed up mi '67 wiper motor, I needed to repair due to:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230154&highlight=

I'm not an expert with electrical gremlins.... but owning a 40 years old bus makes me learning fast!

Took all the assy off and

1: wires bad connected at motor.
2: brushes where gone!

I replaced new brushes and installes assy. Now it works fine and with the correct two speed!!

:)

jeremyrockjock Mon May 28, 2007 4:22 am

Took my son to bug out.

vw7266 Mon May 28, 2007 6:45 am

RINC wrote: vw7266 wrote: chris which bus did you sell?

Why the Standard of course.

Stock height 4X4 all the way baby. :evil:

I didnt even know you had it up forsale? guess thats why your looking for a new bus now....

NorCalWeekender Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 am

Went for a drive up around one of the local reservoirs...was just too nice a day yesterday not to. :D

The Sage Mon May 28, 2007 7:37 am

A) I moved a Ghia, the 23 windows and the double cab across town (at $3.65 a gallon) into my barn to start the process to restoration.

B) I moved the Squareback into my garage at my house to strip down for painting.

C) I wet sanded the fiberglass roof of my Bay Westy to prepare it for painting this week.

D) I removed my tires on my trailer to prepare for a exchange

E) I took Asprin, a beer and a hot tub.