TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Plastic front kick panels Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Paslode235 Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:29 am

Hey everyone,

There was a person on here a while ago that sold the front kick panels made from ABS plastic. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get them? There are none for sale in the classifieds. Hopefully you can help.

Thanks,

Steve

Runamuck Bus Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 am

www.compositeforum.werksberg.com
http://stores.ebay.com/werksberg

cr@M Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 am

Bus Depot sells them. I got them for my bus and i love them. But then again my originals were falling apart...

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=102120

Maybe not worth $50 but not many other options

werksberg Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:09 am

Thank you "Runamuck Bus" from the original maker of ABS plastic Bus panels.
:wink:

Only $35 per set at my dealers or at my eBay store...plus any shipping and if in Ca. sales tax as Arnold needs a new hair piece!

JM

PS: Bill & Steve's sells them for less.... :roll:

barrysmith Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 am

A+ for werksberg's..perfect fit in my bus!

Bookwus Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Hiya Pas,

Fer Gawd's sake don't mess with questionable junk. Buy Werksberg's kick panels.........they are the absolute best. I have them in my Bus right now and I would have been one sorry sack had I not bought them. Excellent material, excellent fit, and excellent finish.

Take a look........

werksberg Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Thank guys!

On Bookwus, he added the repop stickers from somewhere....I forget where he stated he got them from. Sucks getting older! LOL.

Just use plastic wax to clean and protect them (every order gets a scrap piece to testing painting and protection cleaners plus black oxide screws too) like from a Motorcycle shop face shield cleaners / wax.

Can be painted but wash with like rubbing alcohol and use Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint in a can. Or if you want the best, have a body shop spray "Bull dog" on them before painting them with rubber bumper type paint.

jimjxsn Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 pm

X2 - love the werksberg panels

russwiththebus Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:18 pm

The Werksberg kick panels look great. I just ordered a pair. Looking forward to it!

P.S. Where can you get the sticker for above the windshield washer reservoir?

EZ Gruv Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow, those look pretty sweet. Unfortunately (fortunately, really) my OG panels are in good shape still.

USMCbug Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:35 pm

They seem like the ticket for sure. Ill be getting another bus in a few weeks and these will go on the "GET IT" list.

Bookwus Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Hiya lost,

lostorbit wrote: .......Where can you get the sticker for above the windshield washer reservoir?

Wolfsburg West was where I went for mine.

CHARLES JETT Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:02 pm

You can get those stickers at Wolfsburgs West.

Paslode235 Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Well thanks everyone I appreciate your help. Werksburg I will be placing an order for a set of those once I get paid from a deal I have going right now. I placed your panels on my watch list. Again thanks everyone

Steve

russwiththebus Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info on the stickers!

werksberg Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks again on the kind words.

If anyone wants to save an added $3.50 (I would rather save the samba members $'s instead of paying Greedbay...) on the shipping just IM me and buy them here.....

Every shipping order goes out with added bonus item thrown in for free too!

Another tip: Add some sound deaden behind the panels that will not absorb and hold water like Home Depot Alum. bubble wrap for insulation.

I have many more ABS Bus (and Bug) panels in the works (after 14 years of teaching a Ca. state funded job training classes in Fiberglass, Composites and Plastics ROP classes, Gov. Arnold cut back on school budgets and since I would not follow my directors orders to pass High School students that did not earn a passing grade...they closed my program.....a long story...) I'm getting back in to really running the business again!

I'll be starting a new thread to get some "end user" idea feedback on these new panels too.

My Kick panels are .060" thick which is thinner then the others but that is one reason I can offer then for less $'s, saves shipping costs plus they fit better too!

dbo550 Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Mine are not unbearable to look at but those look way cleaner than what I'm working with. I'll for sure be getting a set of those. 8)

Wildthings Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Hey werksberg, can you supply the kick panels without the hole for the footwell heaters? Want to make a change on my "T" to see if I can get more air flow, and will not need to original hoses once I do so.

Checked your eBay site and didn't see door panels for a late Bay. Do you have those?

Muchas Gracias

busfreak_71 Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 pm

werksberg - I will definitely be ordering up a set on kick panels for my '73 eventually. Mine are horrible. :cry: Do you have ones to fit a '73? How much for both and for shipping to Northern Alberta?

elstrom Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 pm

For what it's worth, I'll give another testimonial about Werksberg's panels. They are awesome! They fit perfectly.