TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Accessory collections Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
restojohnny Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 am

Scored a couple of rare item's at Pomona last sunday :shock: :shock: :lol: a rare smith 3 in 1 oval gauge panel and a super rare 67 only 8 track am radio 8)

ratlookvw Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Resto, I am heading to FLA in the morning to get some wheels to bring with me. Need to know if you want two of my Chaps holmes! get back with me asap, if you want me to bring them to OCTO for you. :twisted: cool radio btw! are you selling it at the shows? The smiths guage is a jaguar guage :wink:

ratlookvw Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 am

have not had a chance to clean up the lang breather box. anyone have any info on the pulley cover..... have never seen one like it. Thanks, C

50ate Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 pm

OvalDash52 wrote: JUST A FEW MORE ACCESSORIES

what makes the chrome pop out hinge covers different from the white plastic ones.. the pop outs in my 58 look like this and i havnt seen many others

EMPIFLAKE Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:05 pm

50ate wrote: OvalDash52 wrote: JUST A FEW MORE ACCESSORIES

what makes the chrome pop out hinge covers different from the white plastic ones.. the pop outs in my 58 look like this and i havnt seen many others These covers are the earlier version! Early 60's. Also the hinge has a special mounting bracket for them to clip on to! Besides all that their nicer than white plastin in my opinion! :wink:

RareAir Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 pm

RareAir Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:36 pm

53 0val Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:38 pm

I just hate seeing all that repro shit. :D

EMPIFLAKE Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:18 pm

What a waste of room :lol:

Awsome 8)

Kais Collection Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:08 am

RareAir wrote:
Time to get the ceiling done! ;-)

ratlookvw Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 am

someone threw logs in the fire! here are some pics from the oldspeed display this year. enjoy! ratlookvw

ratlookvw Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:16 am

What's up Pete!!!

Jim M Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 pm

[/img]

Jake Martinez Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

well my collection is small compared to some of these but i also think its good enough to be in this thread... i think... :lol:

some of this stuff i have since i was 14 years old and maybe some before then. i do have other old speed item but they are out in the garage not in my bedroom :lol: :lol:

banana split Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:20 pm

empiracer Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 pm

^
Thats a nice collect you've got there !!!

RareAir Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:46 pm

banana split wrote:

Are you related to Mike in any way? :lol:

banana split Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 pm

I picked this up from an old timer that retired and closed down his VW dealership about 18 years ago - an original Volkswagen Canada radio display stand. It has a Blaupunkt am/fm radio installed with a voltage converter. Antenna is for a Beetle and the speaker is located behind the round VW Canada sign. Has a brochure holder as well. Works great! Just needed a little restoration. I actually saved it from being buried in a big hole on the fellows property. He just thought it was old junk.

uberwagen Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 pm

banana split wrote: I picked this up from an old timer that retired and closed down his VW dealership about 18 years ago - an original Volkswagen Canada radio display stand. It has a Blaupunkt am/fm radio installed with a voltage converter. Antenna is for a Beetle and the speaker is located behind the round VW Canada sign. Has a brochure holder as well. Works great! Just needed a little restoration. I actually saved it from being buried in a big hole on the fellows property. He just thought it was old junk.

Believe it or not, my friend found one of those radio displays last year! I didn't think I'd ever see another one.

Herbie3Rivers Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:09 pm

banana split wrote: I picked this up from an old timer that retired and closed down his VW dealership about 18 years ago - an original Volkswagen Canada radio display stand. It has a Blaupunkt am/fm radio installed with a voltage converter. Antenna is for a Beetle and the speaker is located behind the round VW Canada sign. Has a brochure holder as well. Works great! Just needed a little restoration. I actually saved it from being buried in a big hole on the fellows property. He just thought it was old junk.

I remember one of those back in the early days of eBay and I keep kicking myself for not jumping on it then. That is such a cool piece, especially if it works.