TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 54' 25A build thread. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
ol36er Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Very nice! Gonna be a new daddy soon? Also Very nice!

Concept1 Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:06 pm

mixedup59 wrote: Very cool Ken. Also, are you a proud papa yet?

-Anthony

Soon!

Yikes!

:lol:

mixedup59 Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:26 pm

haha....yeah man....get those diapers ready! Not only that,
but strap on a full on gas mask when changing. It's like nothing
you've ever witnessed. I'm long passed that stuff with my daughter,
but I will never forget the smell :shock:

Anyway, congrats in advance Ken. You'll make a great father,
and we all know that when your kid is 16, they'll most likely have the coolest car on the block :lol:

Mr. Bungle Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 pm

got a chance to check out kens barndoor at the great canadian vw show this year and that thing is mint. so perfect in every way. it's easy to see that alot of thought and detail went into the build!

also got a little vid of it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrspb26#p/a/u/0/BQD_R0sOZX8

and just spotted an upcoming cover feature in a kick ass magazine...

congrats ken & all involved in the epic build of a great bus!

8)

RockStock Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:16 am

Ultra VW feature, April 2011

Plums Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Such a 8) 8) 8) bus, fantastic.

bmx2c4me Fri May 13, 2011 4:57 pm

My current favorite bus! Ken, great job and great articles. I've been drooling over them! :lol:

StockNazi Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 am

Concept1 wrote: The chassis is about 95% done now, all the way to the inner rockers. I'm trying to decide if there is an advantage to putting the floors in now or after the body is back on.

All of the guide tubes are changed now, thanks to some help from Keith (riffraff)! That was a major pain, but I think it will be worth it when it comes to re-assembly time. Thanks for your help, I would not have been able to do that job alone. That took longer than taking the body off the chassis.

Just the rear tophat, a couple little touch ups, and she's good to go for Friday.

what was you solution to the tube that fits inside the tophat shift rod hole
curious to your solution to that

Concept1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:45 pm

StockNazi wrote: Concept1 wrote: The chassis is about 95% done now, all the way to the inner rockers. I'm trying to decide if there is an advantage to putting the floors in now or after the body is back on.

All of the guide tubes are changed now, thanks to some help from Keith (riffraff)! That was a major pain, but I think it will be worth it when it comes to re-assembly time. Thanks for your help, I would not have been able to do that job alone. That took longer than taking the body off the chassis.

Just the rear tophat, a couple little touch ups, and she's good to go for Friday.

what was you solution to the tube that fits inside the tophat shift rod hole
curious to your solution to that

I ended up cutting the originals out and using them. The top hats that Klassicfab makes now, include them.

burwin Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 am

For no reason other than for the hell of it decided to kick back and re-brows this thread today.

Kick - ass the one bit I took from this was the coated OG hardwear part and popped it on my 60' :D

Kick ass - looking forward to the 23 :D

rodrigogarcia Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:40 am

Amazing