TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Show off your Dune Buggy or SandRail Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
crumbut Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:14 pm

There is a thread for the Bajas why not one for the Tubes and fiberglass models ?

Show me your cars! I want to see what everyone drives. How often do you drive it? Is it Street Legal? Where do you ride (if off road)?

here is mine.
I just got it so I havent done any real riding yet. It is street legal.

riNR Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:36 pm

2.3L Ford Turbo engine and it is street legal.
My build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237958&highlight=

Toby from MO Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:08 pm

Here's mine. Just got it a few months ago. Street Legal.

Just installed a new 1915. Upcoming winter projects include...chassis/cross webbing supports in the front, front bumper, new single piece floor pan, new wiring & gauges, and dual Dellorto 40 DRLA's.

carlos_magnum Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:02 am

riNR wrote: 2.3L Ford Turbo engine and it is street legal.
My build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237958&highlight=

That's one wickedly cool ride dune buggy! Like it. =P~

Mongo63 Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:07 am

ataim Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 am

Here is mine. Street legal in Texas. I mostly ride on my property, but do hit the local trails. Mostly rock, gravel and some mud. I just bought a 411 to take the motor out of. This winter I plan on doing the type 4 motor, rebuild and install Racerunner coil overs for the rear, front bumper, new seats, and rear tires. And a pic of my daily driver :D

DIRTMANX Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 am

My car near completion. Honda 3.5 v-tec engine, mid travel suspension.

crumbut Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Toby from MO wrote: Here's mine. Just got it a few months ago. Street Legal.

Just installed a new 1915. Upcoming winter projects include...chassis/cross webbing supports in the front, front bumper, new single piece floor pan, new wiring & gauges, and dual Dellorto 40 DRLA's.

Those seats look comfy! Whats your take on them? Where can I find them?

Toby from MO Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Their high back poly seats...nothing special. You can find these at most any VW/Buggy parts dealer.

As far as comfort goes...so, so I guess. A buddy of mine has fiberglass seats and though the ppoly may be slightly more comfortable I wouldn't say it would determine my choice between the two. For what it's worth both the wife and kids want to buy memory foam to place behind the seat covers.

The down side of the poly seats are they sit higher due to way they are molded/fastened in the buggy. The up side is they don't require back support. You'll notice I don't have the cross bar behind the front seats you were asking about in your other thread.

Toby

riNR Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Those seats are comfortable until you start jumping your car. I have extra padding in mine and my back gets pile drived in those seats. If you're jumping then suspension seats all the way.

ZARJDR Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:20 pm

This is mine, a sand only car. Updated the baby Webers to 44 IDFs recently.

ZARJDR Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:22 pm

I have a IRS to install this winter.

olmer2 Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Fair weather daily driver. Built Ford 2.0, bus 3 rib (looking for an east coast freeway flyer), cut/turn front end, cutting brakes

riNR Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Olmer2,
Who made that body? Is it an old Funco car?

olmer2 Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:30 pm

riNR wrote: Olmer2,
Who made that body? Is it an old Funco car?

I believe it is an older funco. It was titled and VINed in AZ as a 98 ford homebuilt. But, looking at the hood, it has the flat angled fiberglass nose like the older Funcos. I have yet to find one like it.

mr_bill Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:06 pm

cherokee Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:16 pm

olmer2 wrote:

Street legal with a build Ford 2.0 This is an older pic. (the little guy in the pic just passed on yesterday) :cry:

IMO, this is the best looking buggy I have ever seen.

jakeddy Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:16 pm

kiddster Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:40 pm

crumbut Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Kiddster: is that yours? What size "meats" have you got on the back there? Thats what I want since Im mostly on the road 8)