TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
speedtek Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 pm

vwcampin wrote: speedtek wrote: EverettB wrote:
If you don't like it or don't support it's sticky status, don't read it.

In truth, I couldn't give a rat's tootie.......thread near and dear to your heart is it? :wink:

It probably isn't, but he happens to own this wonderful website :lol:

LOL...that happens....somebody's gotta do it. 8)

DAIZEE Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:25 pm

And we are all thankful that he does own and operate this site for all the VW world!!!!

Matt J Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 pm

can my first post be a whine?

why do people list vans that aren't westies as "weekenders"

DAIZEE Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:22 am

Because they are different models of the Vanagon. Westy, Riviera, Country Home, Syncro, Weekender, etc...

All Westy's are Vanagons, Not all Vanagons are Westy's.

Williamtaylor33 Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Matt J wrote: can my first post be a whine?

why do people list vans that aren't westies as "weekenders"
there is a westy weekender. It's similar to a full westy just without the fridge/stove combo. And with a wider back seat.

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Williamtaylor33 wrote: Matt J wrote: can my first post be a whine?

why do people list vans that aren't westies as "weekenders"
there is a westy weekender. It's similar to a full westy just without the fridge/stove combo. And with a wider back seat.

That here is what we call a Multivan as its badged,

syncrodoka Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Over here the multivans were only for the last 2 years. There are westy weekenders available in the earlier years but they aren't named multivan.

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:05 pm

syncrodoka wrote: Over her the multivans were only for the last 2 years. There are westy weekenders available in the earlier years but they aren't named multivan.

Did they have a badge?

syncrodoka Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Only the '90-'91 have a multivan badge.

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Think i would like to find evey badge fitted,


syncrodoka Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Multivan pornstar :oops:

Matt J Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:22 pm

DAIZEE wrote: Because they are different models of the Vanagon. Westy, Riviera, Country Home, Syncro, Weekender, etc...

All Westy's are Vanagons, Not all Vanagons are Westy's.

that's pretty astute

but doesn't necessarily pertain to the weekender

all weekenders are westies as I understood it, hence the whine

so my question is... was there a "weekender" model w/out a pop-top and how would that be different than a standard vanagon?

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 pm

A standard vanagon didnt go to westfalia for a trim upgrade

Matt J Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:42 pm

andy syncro-nutz wrote: A standard vanagon didnt go to westfalia for a trim upgrade

exactly

so back to my whine

people are incorrectly calling their standard vanagons "weekenders" because they've made some modifications for camping

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Matt J wrote: andy syncro-nutz wrote: A standard vanagon didnt go to westfalia for a trim upgrade

exactly

so back to my whine

people are incorrectly calling their standard vanagons "weekenders" because they've made some modifications for camping

I call my van worse than that :lol: I think people can call there van wtf they like, I do :D

syncrodoka Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:20 pm

People know that they have a fold out rear bed so the means camping on the weekends- right?
What would you consider a Wolfsburg edition with the jump seats and fold out table and rear seat that turns into a bed but no pop top? Surely they are made to go out on the weekend with the family. Some people call them weekenders.
It doesn't matter to me just talking out loud.

I have heard people who aren't in the know call any early bus a barndoor(they say the side doors are why) when that name only applies to early busses to '55 with the huge engine hatches.

BTW, there isn't a weekender badge on any vanagon.

DAIZEE Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 pm

darn! Just when I think that I have it all figured out, up rises the phoenix again. I thought that Weekenders were a specific model of Vanagons and if they don't have the inner coutrements then how can they be a Westy? So does Westy define the pop top design, or the inside finish or what? I know that I had a Vanagon GL Westfalia Wolfsburg Edition and now I have a Vanagon L Riviera. Like I said all Westy's, Weekenders, Country Homes, Rivieras, Syncros, etc... et al are Vanagons but not all Vanagons are any one of the foregoing, it includes a multitude ofdifferent finishing designs after the basic van came off the production line.

I've seen Weekender pictures with a non pop top, so is that a Westy, I don't know but I don't think so. How important will any of that be when conversions to high tops. So will a high top still be a Westy with its head cut off? CONFUSION will always be part of me I guess. :roll:

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:40 pm

I think a weekender should have a pop top, And a day van is a tin top (multivan)?

Anyhow where does Vanagon derive from? i.e. does it have a meaning?

syncrodoka Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:43 pm

It is short for- that d*mn van has gone and broke down again. :lol:

andy syncro-nutz Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:52 pm

syncrodoka wrote: It is short for- that d*mn van has gone and broke down again. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking along VAG

Volkswagen
Audi
North
America
Group
O ?
N ?



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group