TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Calling all Barndoors Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:10 pm

On June of 2012, The Barndoor Mafia will be orchestrating a Barndoor line up to showcase within the OCTO event. The Orange County Transporter Organization (OCTO) is hosting the gathering. The last Barndoor gathering of this type was held about 10 years ago and had a line up of about 32 Barndoors. Come 2012 we plan on having a higher count in attendance.

As we are in the early stages of planning for this event, both the BDM & OCTO are working out the fine details for this gathering. There will be two awards handed out, as this is not a common practice at OCTO events. The first award will be for the oldest Bus in attendance and the longest driven to the gathering. Special trophies are in the works.

As time comes closer, any form of information which comes up will be posted both up here and Facebook. This will be a worth while event to come and see all these rare Volkswagen Buses in one location at the same time. With this said, this gives ALL of you folks out there with Barndoor projects a year in advance to get your Bus out to this special and unique gathering.

If you have any questions pertaining to this event, feel free contacting me or post something up in here.

Thank you in advance.

~ Johnny

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 pm

A small taste of what is to come next year. Here are a few shots of the Barndoors at this past OCTO and will be attending the gathering come next year.

Big Shout Out to the owners of the buses:

John - 1954 Single Cab
Rick Clark - 1954 RHD Panel
Doug The Head - 1955 Deluxe
Carlos - 1954 Deluxe
Jay The Tool Guy - 1953 Ambulance
Eddie Aguirre - 1953 DD Panel
Andre B - 1955 Walk Thru Panel
Jason Riech - 1955 Single Cab

andre b Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 pm

cool shots,,Count me in,,,

UZI Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm

it may be a little too far to drive...

jasonvw Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Gibbs, you and Linda can rent trailers.

Busfarmer Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:26 pm

How about an award for the person that brings the most barndoors? I know multiple people that have multiple barndoors.

BUCIOBATISTI Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Busfarmer wrote: How about an award for the person that brings the most barndoors? I know multiple people that have multiple barndoors.

Good point, I had that thought, too. If Ed brings the '50 he's got the oldest award nailed, hands down!

wheelert69 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Great idea guys. Thanks for more motivation to get my 52 rolling. I have the lineup poster from 10 years ago hanging on my shop wall. I'd like to see my bus in there this time. 935 miles from my house to Anaheim.......

EA57RHD Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Love the idea Johnny, I will definitely be there.

EverettB Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Cool. I have a year to slam my Bus. 8)

streetwagens Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 am

Do miles in a ship count? 8)

BulletBus Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:27 am

I'm up. I may drive from Florida, but I don't want to be the only one driving from the East Coast. So, if someone else is heading West, we can caravan over. This is gonna be so badass. 8) About 2100 miles.

Scotty Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 am

streetwagens wrote: Do miles in a ship count? 8)

Hmmm......

volksfahrer.nl Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 am

Like MJ said:............... I'll be there!

j.pickens Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 am

I'm sad that I missed the OCTO/ClassicS this year, but now I've got even more reason to hit it in 2012.

Thanks for doing this, Johnny.

Lowdown Dirty Rat Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 am

I feel our european record is about to be rapped :shock: 8)

If my bus was done I share a container with you Dai and Scotty. Maybe the next one :(

Lowdown Dirty Rat Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:46 am

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: Busfarmer wrote: How about an award for the person that brings the most barndoors? I know multiple people that have multiple barndoors.

Good point, I had that thought, too. If Ed brings the '50 he's got the oldest award nailed, hands down!

What if JD brings his prototype repo over. Ohh I'm such a shit stirrer :twisted:

Plums Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 am

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote: I feel our european record is about to be rapped :shock: 8)

If my bus was done I share a container with you Dai and Scotty. Maybe the next one :(

A British invasion would be great :D
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Lowdown Dirty Rat Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

Invasions are what we do best :lol:

Maybe the whole of europe could get involved. Some Euro must know a container ship we could borrow :D
Wouldn't want that to sink though :shock: :shock:

Barndoor Mafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:26 am

andre b wrote: cool shots,,Count me in,,,

It was nice putting a face to the awesome work you've done with your Panel, and your Standard. By the looks of your effort and work ........... you will have them both at this event. Possibly another!!?? :wink:

Busfarmer wrote: How about an award for the person that brings the most barndoors? I know multiple people that have multiple barndoors.

You know Todd, that is a good idea! Didn't think of that one. I will bring this up to the committee. But from the likes of it, we might as well just hand this over to you!!! Unless the $10K kids bring out their posse??? I'd be more stoked if my long lost buddy, Dean, would show up. Tell him that we will keep Danko far away from his beer stash!!!

After 20 years or so, I'm still the only So Cal chapter member of the BUS FARMERS!!!!