TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Coachbuilt campers on Vanagon platform (Karmann Gipsy et al) Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
pedrokrusher Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 am

Wellington wrote: These are cool rigs, I'm really liking the large fiberglass unit.
One thing that makes me keep my Westy is it FITS in the garage.

The"safety device" on the passenger door. Look closely at your 5th picture, is it not also present on the driver's door? Maybe a security device?
Haha! Now i see the difference... Safety and security...
Does it show that english is not my first language? Nahhhhh....
:lol: :lol:

Yes the garage is one of the annoying things. For the winter, my westy is nicelly in the garage, while the Karmann Gipsy is outside under a huge tarp.

This advertisement sums it up pretty good the differences between a coachbuilt and a westy:

dhaavers Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:28 am

^^^ Love it! 8)

deltaprofi fix Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 am

rmcd wrote: deltaprofi fix wrote: Hello

My Name ist Felix (fix) and this is my Gipsy.

Here the story http://bulliforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69661

Grüsse fix

Cool ride Felix!

What did you use to construct the walls? It looks like some kind of composite layers with Fiberglas on the exterior.

Thanks

That's right!
Extreme lightweight panels with fiberglass.
Another special.

Interior under construction.

fix

pedrokrusher Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Fix, great job!!!

How much weight do you think you saved with these fiberglass sandwich panels, compared with the original karmann gipsy wood frame and aluminum exterior facing?

samotorsport Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Hey guys I am thinking about getting a T3 vanagon coachbuilt
My "needs" are the folowing
4 seats registered
including 3 point harness in the back to get the kiddies attached safe
Bath shower toilet
Trailer hitch
What is the best compromise ?
Gipsy Tischer Kranich or what is you suggestion?

Buss Marius Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:13 pm

samotorsport wrote: Hey guys I am thinking about getting a T3 vanagon coachbuilt
My "needs" are the folowing
4 seats registered
including 3 point harness in the back to get the kiddies attached safe
Bath shower toilet
Trailer hitch
What is the best compromise ?
Gipsy Tischer Kranich or what is you suggestion?
I would say none. The newest of them is build in 1992, and at that time it was not common to install 3 point harness.
Upgrade to a T4 TDI Karmann Colorado with 3 point harness from new. And the back seats in the middle, not far away in the back. If you have the "normal" T3 layout you will need 3, 3 point harnesses in the back for when your wife (or you) sit in the back and take care of the kids. I would say thees T3 Coachbuilt are child unfriendly. This is one of the main reasons i bought a 87 Karmann LT L with the back seats in the middle, and not a Gipsy

samotorsport Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:38 am

Thanks for your input , in that case they are safer in my bay with child seat fixation and 4 point harness ;)
In that case i have to think about it again.

deltaprofi fix Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 pm

pedrokrusher wrote: Fix, great job!!!

How much weight do you think you saved with these fiberglass sandwich panels, compared with the original karmann gipsy wood frame and aluminum exterior facing?

Hello

Sorry, the long time.

The Gipsy ist ready to start with 2100kg, tanks full , no luggage.

Here new Picts.

pedrokrusher Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:20 am

2100 kgs with tanks full? Cool!

Here is from my karman gipsy thread:
Quote: The official weight on my registration is 2130 kg (4695 lbs). The german TUV does calculate the added weight of the 1.9 AFN TDI.
This wedsite says its 2060 kg (4541 lbs) for a diesel gipsy.
http://www.karmann-coachbuilts.com/differences/dimensions.htm
A regular 2wd westy is around 1950 kg (4300 lbs).

I might have 30 kgs more empty (2100 kgs VS 2130 kgs), but yours is a syncro! And with all tanks full!
You did shave a lot of weight!
How much more is a syncro VS non syncro?

TequilaSunSet Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:28 pm

DAYUM... I love this rig!!!!!

pedrokrusher Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:44 am

TequilaSunSet wrote: DAYUM... I love this rig!!!!! yesssss!!!
I absolutely love the one piece camper!
No more leaks!

deltaprofi fix Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:18 am

Hello

Now i wait to the Summer.

pedrokrusher Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Way to go Deltaprofi fix!

I really love:

1- one piece camper shell
2- 45 degree lower sides for clearance
3- incased awning
4- rear engine access door

Don't be shy to post more pictures!

I think you could make more of those one piece camper shells and sell them!
Then people could finish the interior the way they like...

Pedro

deltaprofi fix Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks

:oops:

fix

pedrokrusher Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:59 am

Never seen a camper shell like this one before!

10.950 € VB

1991 VW Syncro sinka camper on ebay.de
https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/t3-syncr...4-216-8648

Add google translate to English:

category: cars
Reference: 658864654
brand: Volkswagen
model: VW buses
mileage: 171000
Year: July 1991
vehicle type: Other
Fuel: diesel
Horsepower: 70
transmission: Manually
Damaged car: No
TÜV approval: July 2018
equipment: trailer hitch

Description:

Because of other circumstances, I sell here my T3 Syncro flatbed with Wohnkabine, the camper is travel ready the bunk is almost completely repaired (minor deficiencies available), only the Visko should be exchanged at the occasion. No "Syncrobeule" no grate on the parallel element, usual joint grate available (it is an almost 30 years old commercial vehicle!) The residential construction has a solid aluminum roofing and has been completely renovated, since unused.
The equipment: Platform: * Servolenkung * Mirror * Immobilizer * Velor seats * CD player * Double headlights * AHK 2 to. * GfK bumpers * Westfalia luggage trolley * Large glove compartment * Wheel arch protection * Fog lights * Battery * Brakes * Turbocharger * etc. New.
Engine and gearbox work flawlessly .170000 km. ran. TÜV 07/2018 No locks!
Equipment Cabin: 220 Volt Power connection and gas connection, 2 burner stove, sink with fresh water tank and pump, aluminum sunroof with ventilation function, Elektrolux refrigerator, folding table, bed area 200 X 155, Staufach without end. The cabin is light-weight and weighs about 300 kg, bolted to the loading area. Total height 2.80m. Who has a hall with cable pull can also convert the cabin to take off.
The syncro will be unsubscribed! Sale without guarantee or warranty! No return! Sales dearest to lovers or people who know themselves with honest buying interest. * ACCOMMODATION CAN ALSO BE SOLD WITHOUT PRITSCHE * (There are 4 brackets with wheels to move the cabin on the ground to marshalling and 4 brackets with eyelets to raise the cabin).

Original add in german:

Kategorie: Autos
Anzeigennummer: 658864654
Marke: Volkswagen
Modell: VW-Busse
Kilometerstand: 171.000
Erstzulassung: Juli 1991
Fahrzeugtyp: Andere
Kraftstoffart: Diesel
Leistung (PS): 70
Getriebe: Manuell
Beschädigtes Fahrzeug: Nein
TÜV bis: Juli 2018
Ausstattung: Anhängerkupplung

Beschreibung
Aufgrund anderer Umstände, verkaufe ich hier meine T3 Syncro Pritsche mit Wohnkabine ,das Wohnmobil ist Reisebereit die Pritsche ist nahezu durchrepariert (kleinere Mängel vorhanden) , lediglich die Visko sollte bei Gelegenheit getauscht werden. Keine "Syncrobeule" kein Rost am Prallellement, üblicher Fugenrost vorhanden (es handelt sich hier um ein fast 30 Jahre altes Nutzfahrzeug ! Der Wohnaufbau hat ein festes Alu Aufstelldach und wurde schonmal komplett renoviert ,seitdem unbenutzt . LKW Zullassung 148,-Eur. Steuer.
Die Ausstattung : Pritsche : * Servolenkung* Bügelspiegel* Wegfahrsperre* Veloursitze* CD Player* Doppelscheinwerfer* AHK 2 to.* GfK Stoßstangen* Westfalia Gepäckwanne* Großes Handschuhfach* Radlaufschutz vo.* Nebelscheinwerfer * Batterie* Bremsen*Turbolader*usw. Neu. * Fahrradträger* Ersatzrad am Heck* Frontschutzbügel (eingetragen).*Sandbleche * Alufelgen mit 205 R 14 (eingetragen.) * Momentan 215 R 14 montiert.(nicht eingetragen) . Motor und Getriebe funktionieren einwandfrei .170000 km . gelaufen. TÜV 07/2018 Keine Sperren !
Ausstattung Wohnkabine: 220 Volt Stromanschluss und Gasanschluss, 2 Flammen Herd, Spüle mit Frischwassertank und Pumpe, Alu Aufstelldach mit Belüftungsfunktion , Elektrolux Kühlschrank, Klapptisch , Bett Liegefläche 200 X 155, Staufächer ohne Ende. Die Kabine ist Leichtbau und wiegt ca.300 Kg. fest verschraubt mit der Ladefäche. Gesamthöhe 2,80m. Wer eine Halle hat ,mit Seilzug kann die Kabine auch zum abnehmen umrüsten.
Der Syncro wird abgemeldet übergeben! Verkauf ohne Garantie oder Gewährleistung! Keine Rücknahme ! Verkauf am liebsten an Liebhaber od Leute die sich auskennen mit ehrlichem Kaufinteresse. *Die WOHNKABINE KANN BEI ENTSPRECHENDEM ANGEBOT AUCH OHNE PRITSCHE VERKAUFT WERDEN* (Es gibt 4 Halter mit Rädern um die Kabine am Boden zu Rangieren und 4 Halter mit Ösen um die Kabine anzuheben dazu).

Nur ABHOLUNG in 72461 Albstadt.

Zeitgeist 13 Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:26 am

Dayamn...that's the shit. It's begging for a TDI install.

I really really really want those headrests for my Bluestar. I've seen the standard pads, but never in the striped upholstery. So cool.

pedrokrusher Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:47 am

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: Dayamn...that's the shit. It's begging for a TDI install.

I really really really want those headrests for my Bluestar. I've seen the standard pads, but never in the striped upholstery. So cool.
Totally!!! Its already a diesel! So you use all the diesel specific parts and install the TDI AHU, chip the ECU and you are set!

Waldi Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:42 am

pedrokrusher wrote: Zeitgeist 13 wrote: Dayamn...that's the shit. It's begging for a TDI install.

Totally!!! Its already a diesel! So you use all the diesel specific parts and install the TDI AHU, chip the ECU and you are set!

Yeah, you need a chiped eTDI, bigger Bfgs, 3 diff locks, power steering, AC, ...
Or you drive it how it is to a beach an be happy.

Upps, i forgot the EGT gauge :)

Zeitgeist 13 Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:18 am

Sure, it also could use AC, PW, PDL w/remotes, PM and a double DIN stereo with a rear view camera.

Aren't single cab Syncros actually kinda rare as it is?

Waldi Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: Sure, it also could use AC, PW, PDL w/remotes, PM and a double DIN stereo with a rear view camera.

Aren't single cab Syncros actually kinda rare as it is?

In Future we will need to be happy with less things instead of more.
Time will teach us.

What do you mean with "as it is " ?

Cant see any special. Seats and some interior parts are not original, well,
The only rare and nice is the cabin.
You cant say alot about rust from the pictures.
I think my Sika is in better rust condition.
Have asked the seller how much he want for the cabin. No awnser till yet.