TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: 1st European Barndoor Gathering April 19-20, 2014 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Niels - AirMighty.com Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 pm

j.pickens wrote: Niels - AirMighty.com wrote: j.pickens wrote: I don't want to hear complaints about distances! For the OCTO barndoor reunion in California, plenty of buses were driven more than a thousand miles (2200 km) to attend the show. My lovely bride and I drove a barndoor with less than 20 miles on a new engine 1200 miles right to the show from Washington State (thanks Greg and Clara).
Correct! And I even took the plane from the EU to check it all out! :D
And I'm planning on doing the same for your event. Looking forward to seeing the record broken!
Awesome, great to read that J.

There is already a lot of planning and organising going on!
There will be a cruise from the UK including Barndoors and other Vintage VWs!
And we will welcome visitors and cars from Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Norway, Denmark, France and visitors from the USA! Will you be there as well!?

More history: Amsterdamseweg 21-23, Isselt, Amersfoort (NL) back in 1955. Automobielbedrijf Pon's warehouse, with Wijnand Pon (2nd from left).
Amazing, look at all this sheetmetal! I wish this was all still there, don't you...?! - www.BenPon.nl

Lowdown Dirty Rat Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:21 am

That's incredible!
But are you sure it's not Gerson's warehouse? :wink:

By the way if anyone would like to try out a barndoor meet this year (with record attemp) to prepare themselves for the Pon meet :wink:
Check out this British meet.
http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91810
It's been located right by the ferry's and Chunnel to help all you guys from Europe attend. I believe Neils involved in this one too.
And it's free entry for BDs!!!

Niels - AirMighty.com Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:31 am

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote: That's incredible!
But are you sure it's not Gerson's warehouse? :wink:

By the way if anyone would like to try out a barndoor meet this year (with record attemp) to prepare themselves for the Pon meet :wink:
Check out this British meet.
http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91810
It's been located right by the ferry's and Chunnel to help all you guys from Europe attend. I believe Neils involved in this one too.
And it's free entry for BDs!!!
Yep i'm involved it that one aswell :D I'm doing a cruise from the EU mainland to the UK for this show.
And the Brits will do a cruise back to NL in Apriol 2014 for the Ben Pon show! Good stuff!

pipvan Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:13 am

Im not gonna be ready for the uk one :(

Niels - AirMighty.com Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:53 am

pipvan wrote: Im not gonna be ready for the uk one :(
Well, just make sure your ready for the one in Amersfoort!

Niels - AirMighty.com Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:49 am

More history from Amersfoort:
Here we have a glimpse into the Garage at Pon's Automobielhandel back in 1951, located between the Arnhemseweg and Bekensteinselaan in Amersfoort (NL).

Note the banana-bumper on that pre-'49 splitwindow beetle on the right of this picture and look at the stunning Porsche 356 Coupe behind it. Yes, Pon's Automobielhandel was, and still is also the Dutch importer of Porsche in the Netherlands. - www.BenPon.nl


Niels - AirMighty.com Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:47 am

Check out the '1st European Barndoor Gathering & Vintage VW Show' promo my friend Waldo from the VW Bus Brothers is doing at this weekends IKW Wanroij show! This 1951 bus will be rollin' in 2014!!






mandraks Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:56 pm

the tow truck is nice, too

djfordmanjack Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:04 pm

cool bus, is that a former Austrian bus ? The (probably reading) 'Drachengas' logo is as cool as they come. And of course the PR for the BD gathering !! :D

Niels - AirMighty.com Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 am

djfordmanjack wrote: cool bus, is that a former Austrian bus ? The (probably reading) 'Drachengas' logo is as cool as they come. And of course the PR for the BD gathering !! :D
Yes as far as I know it's from Austria.
I't been in the Netherlands for the last 14 years now... ;)

Niels - AirMighty.com Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:27 am

And there was more promo going on during the IKW Wanroij weekend.
We had our banner up at the 'Vintage Show' on Saturday, the only right place to have it displayed during the weekend!


Niels - AirMighty.com Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:54 am

Yesterday we had a small, but very nice Pré HO2013 BBQ at our garage!
I just uploaded some pics of the evening, be sure to check them out on www.AirMighty.com ...enjoy!




zuggbug Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Looks like u guys are having a great time. Enjoy the weekend and thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Niels - AirMighty.com Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks to the HO2013 organisation for the "Ben Pon Show" promo today! When I walked on to the square with all the Barndoor's they all got there flyer!! 8)


RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 am

You just know its going to be good
Good promotional skills. Just need to organise the weather!

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 am

Looks like a good time and an awesome atmosphere. Can't wait to see all the pictures you made ............... and you are off to a good start for you show. Felízidades y Buena Suetré Maestro :D

Niels - AirMighty.com wrote: Thanks to the HO2013 organisation for the "Ben Pon Show" promo today! When I walked on to the square with all the Barndoor's they all got there flyer!! 8)


Niels - AirMighty.com Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Barndoor Mafia wrote: Looks like a good time and an awesome atmosphere. Can't wait to see all the pictures you made ............... and you are off to a good start for you show. Felízidades y Buena Suetré Maestro :D

Niels - AirMighty.com wrote: Thanks to the HO2013 organisation for the "Ben Pon Show" promo today! When I walked on to the square with all the Barndoor's they all got there flyer!! 8)


Thanks Johnny, if you can be sure to come over to Amersfoort in 2014 buddy! 8)

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Niels - AirMighty.com wrote: Thanks Johnny, if you can be sure to come over to Amersfoort in 2014 buddy! 8)

If I can swing it? I will come and make sure the beer keg is functioning properly :wink: All the European shows are cool to attend. You don't have to wake up before the The roosters and leave mid afternoon. That’s the beauty. And I’d like to hang out with you guys and have Air Vin teach me how to say properly in Dutch …… There are 99 beautiful water canals in Amsterdam :wink: OKAY

Niels - AirMighty.com Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Barndoor Mafia wrote: Niels - AirMighty.com wrote: Thanks Johnny, if you can be sure to come over to Amersfoort in 2014 buddy! 8)

If I can swing it? I will come and make sure the beer keg is functioning properly :wink: All the European shows are cool to attend. You don't have to wake up before the The roosters and leave mid afternoon. That’s the beauty. And I’d like to hang out with you guys and have Air Vin teach me how to say properly in Dutch …… There are 99 beautiful water canals in Amsterdam :wink: OKAY
"Amsterdam has 88 wonderful canals" or "Amsterdam has GGGG GGGGGG GGGGG" ;) LOL

Niels - AirMighty.com Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Okay it's time to get yourself registered for the '1st Barndoor Gathering & Vintage VW Show' in 2014!
Check it out on www.BenPon.nl




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group