TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What concerts have you been to lately? Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Chad aka Chud Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

This was a pic I shot of Stigma guitarist of Agnostic Front.
Awesome show!!

ALLWAGONS Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 am

MUSE!

They rock!

abritinthebay Tue May 28, 2013 11:35 am

I saw Prince in a 1000 person venue recently. That was amazing.

Never was a huge fan of his outside of Purple Rain but holy crap that guy can put on a rock show!

Tonight: Bjork.

chickengeorge Tue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm

ZZ Top recently. They're one of those bands that the more you read and look back on their career, the more you think, "those guys are fucking amazing...how do they not have Rolling-Stones-like status?"
I think they're still a joke to a lot of people due to the gimmicky (but award-winning) videos in the 80's, but that's going to change when they're gone.

Prince and ZZ Top inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame on the same night, by the way.

VWsArent4Hippies Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 pm

I saw Old Crow Medicine Show a couple weeks ago, they were pretty good

Scott H Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Clutch.

homebrewin Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Melvins (lite) last year. Back before I got old I would hit up at least a few shows a month. Now it's much, much harder to make it into work with only 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

Totally looking forward to Queens of The Stone Age at Red Rocks this August.

cdennisg Tue May 28, 2013 10:40 pm

We got to see the Tragically Hip again this winter. I think I have seen them six or seven times over the last two decades. The nice thing about seeing them in the states is that they usually play small venues, and you can get right up to the stage to watch the show. saw them at the Saddledome in Calgary and it was a surreal experience. Canadians treat a concert like a ball game.

Saw Los Lonely boys awhile back. I got an invite and a free ticket not expecting much. Wow, what a show. Those guys can really turn it on.

My biggest surprise show of recent memory was last fall seeing Larry and his Flask, on the lawn at our local ski hill. If you have not seen these guys play, do it. Much, much fun.

mslibertarian Wed May 29, 2013 5:43 am

Saw Alice in Chains and The Black Keys earlier this month. North Mississippi All-stars last Thursday. Check out Cody Dickinson playing his electric washboard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3rfFUdJlZI Also going to see Todd Snider for the third time next Saturday.

hazetguy Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 am

i saw Camper Van Beethoven in march.

wife saw James McMurtry a few weeks ago. i decided to pass this time and let her have a girls night out with her friend, as i've seen him about 50 times already.

sixfootdan Wed May 29, 2013 7:03 am

I saw Oingo Boingo open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, It seemed like only yesterday but I guess it was in 1990-91 :lol:

Jennepher Wed May 29, 2013 7:51 am

I'm seeing Patty Griffin in June and the Indigo Girls in August.

cdennisg Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 am

Jennepher wrote: I'm seeing Patty Griffin in June and the Indigo Girls in August.

I can guess where that might be. :wink:

babysnakes Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

I saw Jimmy Cliff a few weeks ago and I'm going to see Black Sabbath in a few weeks. I might go to see Dylan and Bob Weir. :-k

thewalrus Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm

No shows this year yet but last year I saw Roger Waters preforming "The Wall" at Fenway Park in July, Jack White at the Agganis Arena in September and Bob Dylan at the Boston Garden in October. Going to be hard to top that line up this year, but I'd like to catch The Black Keys, Deer Tick, Shovels and Rope and... probably another Dylan show sometime when I'm not working or paying bills :roll:

crofty Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 pm

cdennisg wrote: Jennepher wrote: I'm seeing Patty Griffin in June and the Indigo Girls in August.

I can guess where that might be. :wink:

Beaverton?

crofty Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Jennepher wrote: I'm seeing Patty Griffin.

I've always liked Flaming Red

Glenn Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Marshall Tucker Band 03/15/2013

New Riders of the Purple Sage 03/02/2012

yellrhd Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Had Hinder play this past Saturday on my front lawn at work.

Nothing like a couple thousand drunk Marines as your audience.

Fish Wed May 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Just saw Brit Floyd, 05/08/13. Very good stage show and they covered the group extremely well. Most enjoyable and inexpensive as concerts tickets go.
Next is Bad Company in June at the fair and in August, The Monkeys at Humphrey's by the Bay. My wife is extremely sad that she missed being able to see Davy. After that is Chicago at Humphrey's.