TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rare Type 3 Accessories Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127  Next
Speedsterboy Sat May 01, 2004 1:25 am

What is the 'Rarest' strictly Type3 accessory you have? How do i post photos here?
Thanks,
a

wolfman's brother Sat May 01, 2004 4:55 am

I don't know,I have to many but a couple I can think of are..

NOS Empi day/night mirror
NOS Jakon back up lights to mount under license plate light
or maybe it's the NOS reflective VoA rocker moldings I have

who knows

Bobnotch Sat May 01, 2004 5:57 am

An original VW accessory (logo'd and part numbered) tach? There are some repops out there, but not many OE units. :shock:

the bad samaritan Sat May 01, 2004 1:13 pm

My buddy has an original VW rear cargo cover for a square. I mounts behind the rear seat and covers the cargo area, even has a lift up door. Ive only seen two ever.

Paul

Speedsterboy Sat May 01, 2004 7:57 pm

I've got an nos Type3 only Bosch front foglight kit in a box...I would love to see all these stuff!
a

63SunNotch Sat May 01, 2004 9:00 pm

I've got a front windshield visor for my notchback. I've never seen one like this before. It's plastic and not the the mesh kind.

EverettB Sun May 02, 2004 6:18 am

al9 wrote: How do i post photos here?
Read:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

Bollocky Sun May 02, 2004 6:46 am

al9 wrote: I've got an nos Type3 only Bosch front foglight kit in a box...I would love to see all these stuff!
a

I think I may have these...Are they round lights, crome on the back, with a bolt coming out of the bottom to mount on the front bumper?

Speedsterboy Sun May 02, 2004 8:37 pm

look above...

notchboy Sun May 02, 2004 9:03 pm

T3 specific rim trim
Visors
Eberspacher Gas heater clocks
Jonken back-up lights
roof racks
F&R gravel guards
mud flaps
tach(correct)
cocomats
rubber wolfsburg mats
blaupunkt radios
acc pedal rest
parcel tray

just what came to mind off the top. Not all these are "rare". Those Bosch lights seem to fetch some good money now a days. I dont care for them much and was wondering if anyone has had the balls to mount some?

Speedsterboy Sun May 02, 2004 9:09 pm

You're absolutelly right, I'm still trying to grow the balls to mount e'm! Do you have the large '1500' logo for you Notch? I have one if you are interested. I also have a 'Gossen' Type3 tacho. Has anyone here seen the 'Rarest Mother' of all Type3 accessories? The front bonnet deco trim?
Thanks for the link Everett! (image posting).

EverettB Sun May 02, 2004 9:23 pm

al9 wrote: Has anyone here seen the 'Rarest Mother' of all Type3 accessories? The front bonnet deco trim?
I'm not sure what that is, do you have a photo?

I have seen an accessory front hood pull handle for 61-63 Type 3s since they don't have the hood "beak". Rare?

I have a set of original early 2-point shoulder belts. Not really rare but hard to find. I have a blue tip antenna for my '63, I've heard those are "rare".

raru Sun May 02, 2004 9:50 pm

the bad samaritan wrote: My buddy has an original VW rear cargo cover for a square. I mounts behind the rear seat and covers the cargo area, even has a lift up door. Ive only seen two ever.

is this what ur talking about? http://www.vwispwest.com/4.html

i'm in the process of trying to do something like that. is possible to get pics? thanks.

Speedsterboy Sun May 02, 2004 10:24 pm

I know the one you are referring to Everett but no, it is actually a long stainless steel piece, beutifully shaped similar to an early split bug ribbed trim and it spans from slightly over the vw bonnet badge all the way to near the top vents below the windscreen...stuff it, I'll take a photo and post it here. Yes, I am also growing the balls to install it on my car!
Cheers,
a

Barter_Builder Sun May 02, 2004 10:45 pm

Check it out guys. I found these window screens in a squareback at a junkyard years back. I don't know if someone just made them or if they were somekind of accessory for a squareback. They are made of somekind of tin. like the fins of a radiator really easy to bend. you just place them on the inside of the rear windows and with straight pins pushed horizontally into the window seal they are held on. they are a perfect fit as far as the shape of the windows. sorry about the ruff picture it was taken with the camera on my cell phone. let me know if you know anything about these oh yea i assume there were four for each window but i only found3

TheDDB Sun May 02, 2004 10:49 pm

EverettB wrote: I have a blue tip antenna for my '63, I've heard those are "rare".

Want another?
I have one of those also...but I mounted it on my fastback :shock:

BerT3 Mon May 03, 2004 3:28 am

Diamante sill trims and "Type 3" stripes as seen in the accessoiries brochure

Both NOS but going on my car

BerT3

nik Mon May 03, 2004 3:37 am

What about those venetian(sp) blinds for the back windows? Were those an VW available accesory, or where they after market?
nik

Speedsterboy Mon May 03, 2004 6:52 am

They were official VW accessory here in Oz! They are still available from the original manufacturer who still owns the original tooling.
Cheers,
a

EverettB Mon May 03, 2004 6:52 am

nik wrote: What about those venetian(sp) blinds for the back windows? Were those an VW available accesory, or where they after market?
nik
Australian accessory.

I like the blinds but would never buy a set myself, it makes it too hard to clean the windows behind them