Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

king-tuk - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: king-tuk
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2013
bwatts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear he is banned on Samba from ripping off others in the future

Unfortunately Hot VWs missed this thread and he is included in this months issue for narrowed beam builders

I fear for the unsuspecting buyers who will be drawn in and taken advantage of by this scam artist

We all need to keep spreading the word so we might others in our community from this same aggravation

Good Job looking out for your members Everett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jokercox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with Matt.
I leave in france and I was paid for a 3inch air ride beam for T3 + rear plate + shipping for a total of 1045$.
I was paid the january 4
He was finished the beam the february 16 (he post me a pictur of the beam on my facebook page)
and since this day I have not any contact with him.

but I send a mail another adresse he reply me in the day..that crazy
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/punchdrunkcustoms

For those that haven't posted to his Facebook page, that's one more option for trying to get his attention. It's worth a shot, at least.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jokercox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will see.... Confused
neophyteguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Punchdrunk Customs - Anyone ever hear from Matt directly? Reply with quote

I am waiting on my 3"narrowed beam paid for in Sep of last year. I am moving from Hong Kong to another overseas destination on 6 April and require this beam to be in my shipment before 6 April. I have been told on a number of occasions that it is about to ship and would greatly appreciate receiving the product I have paid for.

Several weeks ago "my beam" was allegedly posted on facebook as a 4" beam. Not sure how to contact Matt as near daily emails and phone calls go unanswered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Facebook posts have also been made.

Cheers, JRW
lowdown55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: beams Reply with quote

im lucky to have gotten my beam in a 6 weeks but only cuz i was able to file a paypal dispute.....kiss your cash goodbye my friend
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neophyteguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from Matt stating he had cash issues as someone jacked around with his credit card payments or something.

It's also worth noting that my bank has affiliates in the USA and I therefore have a level of consumer protection that I have yet to enact. I paid via a trackable, certified bank check.Fraud laws aren't very lenient...................

There's also the question of insurances, permits, right to work out of home (zoning laws) and other issues.

I think I'd rather spend my money buying a ticket to California to pick upmy beam rather than buy another one.
ratlook63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt still owes me a correctly reamed and mounted set of drop spindles. It's been almost 6 months. I want my car on the road. I'm sick of excuses. He can make it right by sending me the $150 it will cost to have my shop ream and press the spindles he sent with new German kingpins and bushings. If I knew it would be this much trouble, I would've never ordered from him. My credit card company will be taking up the issue tommorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bakos4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people have filed a complaint with PayPal? Seems at some point they would be liable for letting him to continue taking payments.
lowdown55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: paypal Reply with quote

i did an got my beam plus a refund for the missing bag Very Happy ...the catch is you have so many days to be able to file a dispute...if he keeps you hanging on with empty promises till the time runs out your screwed,them people who have been waiting 6 month mine well call it a rap....he told me 3 weeks....at 4 weeks i filed!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bakos4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true you have 6 weeks to file a complaint but in your case and others like you it says in the fine print that they don't cover custom builds. So really once you make the payment they don't have to refund you. My point is if they have had multiple complaints and are still allowing him to collect funds threw them they should be held somewhat responsible.
1492rp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Information from the FBI Matt fits this perfectly Reply with quote

An advance fee scheme occurs when the victim pays money to someone in anticipation of receiving something of greater value—such as a loan, contract, investment, or gift—and then receives little or nothing in return.

The variety of advance fee schemes is limited only by the imagination of the con artists who offer them. They may involve the sale of products or services, the offering of investments, lottery winnings, “found money,” or many other “opportunities.” Clever con artists will offer to find financing arrangements for their clients who pay a “finder’s fee” in advance. They require their clients to sign contracts in which they agree to pay the fee when they are introduced to the financing source. Victims often learn that they are ineligible for financing only after they have paid the “finder” according to the contract. Such agreements may be legal unless it can be shown that the “finder” never had the intention or the ability to provide financing for the victims.

Tips for Avoiding Advanced Fee Schemes:

If the offer of an “opportunity” appears too good to be true, it probably is. Follow common business practice. For example, legitimate business is rarely conducted in cash on a street corner.

■Know who you are dealing with. If you have not heard of a person or company that you intend to do business with, learn more about them. Depending on the amount of money that you plan on spending, you may want to visit the business location, check with the Better Business Bureau, or consult with your bank, an attorney, or the police.
■Make sure you fully understand any business agreement that you enter into. If the terms are complex, have them reviewed by a competent attorney.
■Be wary of businesses that operate out of post office boxes or mail drops and do not have a street address. Also be suspicious when dealing with persons who do not have a direct telephone line and who are never in when you call, but always return your call later.
■Be wary of business deals that require you to sign nondisclosure or non-circumvention agreements that are designed to prevent you from independently verifying the bona fides of the people with whom you intend to do business. Con artists often use non-circumvention agreements to threaten their victims with civil suit if they report their losses to law enforcement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DiggyMunster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my beam and spindles this past weekend. I placed my order back in Dec. and was quoted 5 weeks. I knew it would be more like 2 months since it was a custom order. Then all these issues came up and I was ready to kiss my cash goodbye.

Last week I filed a PayPal dispute well After the allotted time. Got a response from Matt the same day and got my goods 4 days later. It looks like Matt is back on track with making good with customers or maybe I got lucky? It seems like my parts were ready but my info had fallen into a crack.

I do have to say Matt's work is top notch.
87 Vanagon
1492rp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Punchdrunk Customs & Matthew Roberts Watts Reply with quote

I got scammed by Matt. Made a verbal agreement and sent him $700. Once Matt received the money all communication was ignored. After several weeks, emails and phone calls Matt decided to respond to say he didn't have the parts required to finish my beam. I requested my money back since our contarct is now void. Matt came up with more lies stating we didn't have a contarct and would send me my beam when it was finished or he sell it to recover what he already invested in the beam. Another five emails and more lies form this scammer. Warn everyone in the VW community to stay clear of
Matthew Roberts Watts
San Ramon CA 94583
925-719-xxxx
925-803-xxxx
Punchdrunk Customs

(admin note - address and phone #s edited above - we do not allow this on the site)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elnutty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another way to deal with this for those who have been taken advantage of make a claim to the FTC

http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm
elnutty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also another way is to file with google and if they find he is breaking there rules they will remove him from search results !!

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs
elnutty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

current list of business license in San Ramon

http://www.ci.san-ramon.ca.us/finance/images/completelist.pdf
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elnutty wrote:
Also another way is to file with google and if they find he is breaking there rules they will remove him from search results !!

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs

Good idea------send Google out to kick his ass.
Hell, get the FAA, FFA and FHA involved too.
Keep the ideas coming.
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this? I would be willing to help those who are having problems. Email is the best way to do that

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smoovie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he's paying taxes on all these scams. IRS might be interested in his little "business".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: