Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmann Ghia 1973 RHD - List of fixings (nuts 'n' Bolts etc)
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mort_mort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:32 am    Post subject: Karmann Ghia 1973 RHD - List of fixings (nuts 'n' Bolts etc) Reply with quote

Hi All,

My first post and I apologise of this has been posted before!

Is there a definitive list of the majority of fixings needed for a 1973 RHD, KG? I am after the size, length (if needed) and pitch if possible.

As a lot of owners carrying out a resto have probably found, it is time consuming and expensive to order just when needed.

Many thanks for your help!

regards

mort_mort
bomberbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmann Ghia 1973 RHD - List of fixings (nuts 'n' Bolts etc) Reply with quote

Are you referring to hardware? Nuts, bolts, screws, washers? I tried to save as many original pieces of mounting hardware as I could. If I had to replace severely rusted or broken bolts, I usually try to get stainless steel. I don't have a shopping list of what you would need if you are planning on replacing everything.
Marion, Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mort_mort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Karmann Ghia 1973 RHD - List of fixings (nuts 'n' Bolts etc) Reply with quote

Yes, hardware - all of which you have mentioned. I would love to keep original hardware; the trouble is that previous restorers (!) have mutilated, changed etc past hardware (ie 2 different lengths of bolts for the bumper fixing) - so I don't know which is correct and replacing/ordering 'on the go' is a very time delaying way of doing it, not to mention expensive.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmann Ghia 1973 RHD - List of fixings (nuts 'n' Bolts etc) Reply with quote

These books probably have everything you are looking for.
I would start with Bentley & Henry Elfrink manuals?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/books/ghia.php
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: