Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

C Cab T Buggies
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brigand wrote:
You can see really well the pressure cracks at the top of the cab. Also if you look really close in the third picture at the back of the cab on the inside, you'll see the integral glassed in shelf/ridge I was talking about.

Those pictures are excellent. I think I see the shelf. It looks like a narrow lip that must sit down on the body.

You said the c-cabs were all two pieces. Did you mean the cab was one piece and the body was amother, or did you mean the cab itself was two pieces?

If the person who worked at Berry sent you a PM on the Samba, his contact name might still be in the your message archive.
brigand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I checked and I don't find any messages left from him. The lip on the inside was maybe 2-2 1/2" in width. You can see the pointy part at the bottom of the C? These are a notorious weak spot too. On most of the cabs I've seen, this point has either broken off or been trimmed down. The fiberglass itself is pretty heavy duty. I'd say, at least, 1/4" thick. The kits were 3 pieces total, if I remember correctly - the body, an interior seat piece and the C-cab top.
I had a photocopy of the original build instructions for the Mini T that the gentleman that used to work there made for me. I was going to make you a copy but I looked for it today without any luck. I think I must have given it to the fellow who bought my rig. I can't recall.
If you're going to build a plug and you have a Berry body already, you can use the photos to estimate the measurements, I reckon. It won't be exact but who cares really. I can tell you that the front lip of the cab sits directly on top of the windshield and used self-tapping screws to hold it to the windshield frame. Also the cab details on the doors and sides of the cab are sunk in about 1/16" or less.
brigand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, also the C-cab sits pretty much flush to the rear trunk of the body. Just wide enough to slide over the body. So there's the measurement for your width of the cab box right up to the the start of the "C" part of the cab. Also the front lip of the cab is the same width as the top of the original windshield frame. So there's that measurement.
CoryN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Kellison Super T instead of a Berry so it's going to be "wrong" anyway in terms of measurements. Would you say the top of the rear ofthe cab was parallel to the top of the pickup box on the body itself? And it looks like maybe the top of the rear is about the same height as the windsheild?
DztBugy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: C Cab T Buggies Reply with quote

We have a Berry Mini T Cab and it is a one piece molding.

The interior area is completely different from the standard Berry mini T.
Also the fenders are wider and the rear are longer wrapping down towards the ground.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: C Cab T Buggies Reply with quote

DztBugy wrote:
We have a Berry Mini T Cab and it is a one piece molding.

The interior area is completely different from the standard Berry mini T.
Also the fenders are wider and the rear are longer wrapping down towards the ground.

Please upload some pictures!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: