Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

66 vert parts
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Hi, just acquired this '66 vert from my buddy who past away about 1.5yrs ago..figured I'd build it in his honor. Anyone have any leads on a rear seat, doors, rear view mirror and chrome top latch pieces that screw on to the windshield frame? I'm located in NJ but would pay for shipping as well, Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Awesome. I'm supposed to have a Ruby '66 vert in my future too, we'll see, I'm still waiting.

Are you going to start a thread on it?
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Awesome. I'm supposed to have a Ruby '66 vert in my future too, we'll see, I'm still waiting.

Are you going to start a thread on it?

Thanks I might as I start working on it.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Unfortunately I sold most of my 66 convertible parts off already or Id be happy to help supply..... soooo.. Ill just offer some advice.

You will need to source mainly 65/66 parts .. especially the doors and rear view mirror.

Most door window parts will interchange 65-72.. but 66-67 are a match.
(1967 uses a specific door latch so the door body and latch mech will not interchange. )

You "can" use 68-72 doors.. just have to modify the body to accept the later latch..

A few 67 parts will interchange easily.

Rear seat frames 1958-1967 are the same.

Top latches and windshield sun visor mount/ top catches are 65-67.

Better buy what you need when you find it is the best advice.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2659745
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2673622
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2353152
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2668093

Has most parts ..
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2564364

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Unfortunately I sold most of my 66 convertible parts off already or Id be happy to help supply..... soooo.. Ill just offer some advice.

Good info, didnt see some of those ads either, Thanks Ken
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

So I found the original doors off my car, found a rear view mirror but needs a lens. Also found a rear seat back and bottom from a 66. Still looking for a deal on these catches below for doors and top, Thx.

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

EMPIImp69 wrote:
...just acquired this '66 vert from my buddy who past away about 1.5yrs ago.

Dude! I just finally got my '66 vert, same as yours, and I had a wake-up call when I found the paint code label, Poppy Red. I'm sure yours is the same, sorry for the confusion with my above post, I really thought the car I was getting was Ruby.
And I'm sorry about your buddy, I also got mine from a buddy, but he's still with us, just wanted this thing out of the garage.
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
EMPIImp69 wrote:

Dude! I just finally got my '66 vert, same as yours, and I had a wake-up call when I found the paint code label, Poppy Red. I'm sure yours is the same, sorry for the confusion with my above post, I really thought the car I was getting was Ruby.
And I'm sorry about your buddy, I also got mine from a buddy, but he's still with us, just wanted this thing out of the garage.

Pictures or it didnt happen... Very Happy
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Big Bill wrote:
Pictures or it didnt happen... Very Happy

Haha, I will, if Imp doesn't mind, this is his thread. I plan to start one too.
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 vert parts Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
EMPIImp69 wrote:

Yea mine is L54 Poppy Red
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: