Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW38 found in Lithuania
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 226, 227, 228  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon uk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow cool!
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very elegant!!!!!!!!!!!!
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuhaelter_82 wrote:
Fantasisch Shocked

fantastyczny
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't noticed that before.. but the bumpers have no bolt holes like all the later ones do, i suppose the bolts are welded on the back side. maybe a bit difficult once the bolt breaks due rust but hey! i can bet this one will not be driven to extinction.. err.. test driven like it was intended back in the days Laughing
nice design touch and very nice chrome, this is what i call a professional resto!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eurodub wrote:
haven't noticed that before.. but the bumpers have no bolt holes like all the later ones do, i suppose the bolts are welded on the back side. maybe a bit difficult once the bolt breaks due rust but hey! i can bet this one will not be driven to extinction.. err.. test driven like it was intended back in the days Laughing
nice design touch and very nice chrome, this is what i call a professional resto!

Even the later ones have a hidden bolt hole behind the bumperguards...
metalchomper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Grundmann's 06/38 Bumpers are ready Reply with quote

kdf-service wrote:
Hello I would like to show fresh restored bumpers to Grundmann 06 / 38.
I am happy that I could participate at this work. I cannot already wait when I will see them installed on the car.

Tomasz Sobkowiak
KdF-service

POLAND

Looks great! When you say restored does that mean these are original '38s? If so what is the story on their discovery?

Devil Dog Dubs

I live vicariously through me

'62 Beetle, "Zombie Mojo"
'68 Manx II "Conundrum"
'72 SB "Luftwaffle", 2270 T4
'75 SB Wizard Rodster "Olympias" (Mrs. Metalchomper's car)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Björn Schewe wrote:
eurodub wrote:
...no bolt holes like all the later ones do...

Even the later ones have a hidden bolt hole behind the bumperguards...

i was thinking the later ones have a set of bolt holes on each bumper mount to attach them, one behind the bumper guards, one that shows. These for the #6, like in the original pics, have no bolts outside the bumper guards and i assumed even with one behind the guard, there couldn't be just one bolt holding them on.

either way Björn, i think the most important thing is the #06 got all the important items like it should.

Mihai
SplitPersonality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Grundmann's 06/38 Bumpers are ready Reply with quote

metalchomper wrote:
kdf-service wrote:
Hello I would like to show fresh restored bumpers to Grundmann 06 / 38.
I am happy that I could participate at this work. I cannot already wait when I will see them installed on the car.

Tomasz Sobkowiak
KdF-service

POLAND

Looks great! When you say restored does that mean these are original '38s? If so what is the story on their discovery?

If you scroll back you will find it all.... The rear one is an all original one found in Denmark with an enthusiast by the 38/06-team. The front one is a reconstruction based on patterns form the rear one and pictures and drawings.
PROTOTYP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: First exhibition of the Grundmann VW38 Reply with quote

The first official chance to glance at the Grundmann VW38 will be the special exhibition called "ArcheTypen. Die ersten Volkswagen" from April 16, 2011 until June 15, 2011 at the motor museum PROTOTYP in Hamburg.

The VW 60 K 10, which was restored for over 10 years by PROTOTYP based on the original chassis and other parts of Chassis no. 38/42 will be also presented for the first time, together with the NSU Type 32, a VW 30 from the AUTOSTADT GmbH Wolfsburg and a very early Type 82 Kübelwagen from the Grundmann Family Collection. It will be a show presenting the early Volkswagen prototypes made by Ferdinand Porsche.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: First exhibition of the Grundmann VW38 Reply with quote

PROTOTYP wrote:
The first official chance to glance at the Grundmann VW38 will be the special exhibition called "ArcheTypen. Die ersten Volkswagen" from April 16, 2011 until June 15, 2011 at the motor museum PROTOTYP in Hamburg.

The VW 60 K 10, which was restored for over 10 years by PROTOTYP based on the original chassis and other parts of Chassis no. 38/42 will be also presented for the first time, together with the NSU Type 32, a VW 30 from the AUTOSTADT GmbH Wolfsburg and a very early Type 82 Kübelwagen from the Grundmann Family Collection. It will be a show presenting the early Volkswagen prototypes made by Ferdinand Porsche.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack O'Neill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man how I wish I was born in Europe... the amount of sheer awesomeness in this exposition could easily obliterate some cities if used for the evil Very Happy
A little bit off topic: I know the W30 is a repro, but is there any NSU 32 repro around?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andi K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack O'Neill wrote:
A little bit off topic: I know the W30 is a repro, but is there any NSU 32 repro around?

Nope. The NSU 32 is the real deal. It survived everything. Almost untouched!

Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NSU was Found After the war by an engeneer of Heinkel Compamy and used as a Daily driver. In the early 1950s he traded the car against a brandnew Volkswagen. It was the time when Volkswagen decidet to collect some historical cars. If you find some old pictures of the car you see grooved bumpers from a split window beetle and a bicoloured painting. The NSU was restored in the 1950 - if you can call it restoration, it was more a putting grey colour on everything you find outside. In the mid 1990s the car had little accident during a transport from an exibition in Rosenheim. It was repaired and repainted. Since that time it has smaller headlamps because of the missing original ones which were broken. The car looks nice but it is not in an overrestored concours condition. And thats charming for an old prototype.

In the end of the 1990s, the Volkswagen Automuseum ordered a very well known Company for Restoration and reconstruction to rebuild the VW 3 and the VW 30. Both cars and two seperate build VW 30 are based on old KDF Chassis. They are all in Running condition.

For the exibition in Hamburg, you see both cars of the Autostadt Collection together for the first time outside of Wolfsburg. And if you ever have been at Prototyp you know that you will see a lot of Never shown things for the exibition
ARTIFACT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in Europe this summer... too late... Sad

drscope wrote:
The older car has 10 to 20 years more experiance in figuring out how to piss you off! the newer cars are still learning.
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: VW38 in the news Reply with quote

Even the local newspaper of the paintshop heard about the rare car in their neigbourhood and published an article about the car and the paintshop. Inclusive an actual picture of the non-finished job they do.

http://www.nw-news.de/lokale_news/enger_spenge/enger_spenge/4169704_Ur-Kaefer_im_Brezel-Look.html

The text says something about the complicated job and that the car got actual its secound of ten lines of paint, something about the story behind the car and that the paint-shop exist for more than 100 years. Next to the car, you cas see Rolf, Maybe some of you remember him - he and and Ingo were member of the HO-Team in 2009.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks as proud as Ferdinand. Justfiedly so.
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he really looks a little bit next to himself

Standardfahrer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: First exhibition of the Grundmann VW38 Reply with quote

PROTOTYP wrote:

These are really good news, even though I'll attend the Bad Camberg meeting this would be a good opportunity to visit Hamburg in spring...

Marcus
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prototyp is one of best car museums and always a Highlight to visit. But please note that the KDF exibion will end before Bad Camberg because of Bad Camberg
Standardfahrer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Björn,

I know i already penciled a visit there last spring and told my wife we'd spend a nice weekend in HH but didn't find the time so we'll do this year.
I think in Bad Camberg it will be difficult to have close look at the car as I epect there to be always a crowd around the car.

Marcus
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 226, 227, 228  Next
Jump to:
Page 161 of 228

Jump to: