Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

more fakes
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
swanlakers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: more fakes Reply with quote

try this:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnostaglicsQQhtZ-1

buyer beware
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: more fakes Reply with quote

swanlakers wrote:
try this:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnostaglicsQQhtZ-1

buyer beware

You got that right.......both items are reproductions. The '54 badge is a fantasy piece. That event never existed, and the badge has a resin finish. No enamel on the badge at all. Looks great from two feet. Rolling Eyes
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob,
Is there really a market for these badges? I mean do you think there are there alot of people looking for them?
With so many fakes around, you'd think that once people have maybe one nice original one, the market would just dry up.
Kinds sucks that you can be easily ripped off by these guys!
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. The real badges still have a market, but it is not as large due to all the reproductions out there. Some people don't care if their badge is real or not...........if their friends don't know the difference then they can still impress them with their fakes. Sometimes they just want to put them on their car and and not worry about having to replace them if they get damaged or stolen. I guess it's like fake jewelry. It hasn't affected the demand for real diamonds. If you are going to invest your money in a collectable item you would hope to have a return on your investment somewhere down the road. These faked badges are a terrible investment, but they gives the buyer a false sense of importance when he puts one on his car or on his wall. If that's what you want to deal with.....go for it and enjoy it. I guess false pride is better than no pride at all. I'm just sorry to see people lose their money and excitiment when they find out their item is a fraud. Wink
wimkever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one from the same seller. It went for 75 Euro, almost 100$.
It isn't that difficult to earn some money.
Wim
http://cgi.ebay.de/Vw-Brezelfenster-Kaefer-Oval-Ra...dZViewItem
karfer67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badges are one of those items i only like to buy if i can see it close up. i am sorry but you are a fool spending that kind of money on a badge that is obviously fake. someone needs to do a guide as how to shop for these things. someone out there is making a ton of money off these stupid things. personally when i DO buy badges off ebay i look for used ones with patina. not to say that it is impossible to fake that too i feel that most of these sellers are not going to go through the trouble.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: