Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

anyone ever seen this car?
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

i dont know much about my car. i havnt got a birth certificate yet. but heres what i do know.

65 beetle
tourist delivery
og color was pearl weight, but was re painted a different shade
came from cali after being shipped to atlanta, where i bought it
has been wrecked in the front
out of the dmv
was parted out to some extent
came to me with 3 chrome 356 replica rims, and 1 66/67 rim.
stock height
had some maintenance done such as brakes rebuilt, bearings replaced, axle boots, the split style.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

some things to note,

had a 6 to 12v inverter. seems to be from a 356.
ignore the 67 beetle parts, the po slapped them on there for idk why.

any info or leads would be awsome. thank you
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hewica8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

I've not seen this car outside of the forum here, but I am curious to see if anything turns up. I dug deep on mine and was only ever able to find basic information. The birth certificate helped place its original sales location in Germany, but that was about it. The original license plate helped place it in CA some time later, but a request for info from the CADMV resulted in no records. I was able to trace back to three previous owners all within the last ten years, but the trail went cold after that. When I'm really bored, I scroll through the reader's rides vintage photos thread to see if maybe, just maybe, my car is in there. Several hundred pages of posts and no luck so far! Maybe that will give you some ideas to broaden your search. Good luck!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

yeah, i know its a slim chance that my car is known by someone here. but i figured id give it a try. i will try browsing through thr vintage photos sticky. thank you for that idea. it may also be time to interegate the PO lol.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hewica8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
yeah, i know its a slim chance that my car is known by someone here. but i figured id give it a try. i will try browsing through thr vintage photos sticky. thank you for that idea. it may also be time to interegate the PO lol.

Haha, yes it's worth a shot! I was hesitant at first to pester the PO, but after so many dead ends I finally gave him a call. I was then able to trace back two more owners from the information he gave me. I called these owners as well but their memories were not as sharp! They were thrilled to hear the bug has gone on to a brighter future though.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

I love finding information on my cars too! My bug I only know back to 98’ somehow it was forgotten the engine was rebuilt but the title was lost, and it had zero paper work.

On my Squareback, I have the original owners address, name, dealership, and a ton of extra stuff Very Happy I was told they had passed but I found a phone number on an internet search and it showed her as living. I will call it someday...

Kinda interesting that you can leave a paper trail people will be able to follow from 50years ago combined with the internet.

Good luck with your search! The birth certificate tell where the port of entry so that could a least give you a general idea of where it originated.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

boomp
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

Have you posted in the 58-67 forum? More likely someone there may have info on your car.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

I have a build thread there, So I was guessing id have a greater chance in two sub forums.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: anyone ever seen this car? Reply with quote

new year so...

el bumpey
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: