Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BAD BEANS DRSvw IE Ca. [email protected] Wasted my time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Eden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: BAD BEANS DRSvw IE Ca. [email protected] Wasted my time Reply with quote

Sorry this is so long but I want you to see the whole story. Anyway on samba a 54 body comes up for sell at a "reto shop" for a good deal so I call and say Ill take it and Ill be there tomorrow first thing, The seller said he wont hold it because he has had 10 guys say they want it so I offer pay pal or credit card on the phone he said they dont haave those set up but I could do a bank transfer So I say ok. It took me an 1hr to get that all set up and sent, next day I drive 1hr 15 min. each way and when I get there its a 56-57 so I say wants this, The seller said the guy he got it from said it was a 54 "If your selling something and your a REST shop you should know what it is" He asked whats the difference I say ribbed doors heater chan. the seats are worth only 20% of what 55 down seats are. The price of th fake 54 was 500 and I had sent 300 so I tell him Ill still take it for 300 and he can keep the 4 tab hood. He said ok but then changed his mind because he said he had alot of e-mails on it "When it was a 54" Thers a bit more to the story but Ill let it go for now. In the end I asked him to just cover 20.00 in gas because he wasted at least 20 in gas and about 31/2 hr of my life on a fake 54 oval that ended up being a 56-57. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb 1954 Oval Body Sale Pending!!!!!!! - 600 obo
1954 Oval Body for sale, has correct 4 tab hood. Doors are in excellent condition, dash is unmolested. This sale is the body only, the car has no pan. No rust or cancer on body. Just the doors and hood are worth the price. We have too many restorations going on right now and have no time for this car, so the first decent cash offer and you have yourself a 1954 oval. Body is perfect for a drag or baja bug, but it is in good enough condition that it can be brought back to stock. You can see who we are at www.drsvw.com Feel free to give me a call at 951-231-7793 with any questions. I need this car gone asap. Call me if you want some pics emailed, for some reason my computer is not letting me upload them right now.

Daniel
DRS VW RESTORATION & REPAIR
570 E. LA CADENA DRIVE
RIVERSIDE CA 92507
www.drsvw.com
951-231-7793
-------------==========================!!!!!!!!!!!!!1956 or 1957 Oval Body for sale - 600 obo
Ok, I had been told by the owner of this body that it was a 1954. To be honest I am not sure what year this oval body is, thought I had it sold but the person who came out to see it claimed he didnt want it because it didnt have the ribbed doors so its back for the first person with cash in person, please dont call me asking me to take it off the samba, not going to do that anymore, money talks. The body is in good shape, no rust or cancer anywhere on the car. The front apron is intact and the dash is unmolested. Has the batwing steering wheel,turn signal switch,ashtray door, glove box door, gas tank, brake fluid resevior. Has good condition 4 tab hood. Both doors in good condition, with door handles inside and outside, original back seat, one front seat, and rear oval glass. Rear apron has been cut from the car, but overall the car is in good shape. To purchase NOS hood and doors, steering wheel, turn signal switch, door handles, glove box door and ashtray door you would easily pay more than what Im asking for the entire car. Give me a call at 951-231-7793 if you have any questions. Your welcome to come see the car before making an offer, pics will be up Monday morning. The address where the car is located can be found at our website. www.drsvw.com ----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > Hi can you please send back the 300.00 and also it
> would be nice if you could also cover the gas of
> 20.00 "total of 320.00" I know you didnt mean to but
> due to bad info I wasted 1 hr yesterday setting up
> the bank transfer then 2 1/2 hr today driving down
> there because you said it was a 54 "but it was a
> 56-57". So please send the 320.00 ############# aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Dude, I told you I was told by the person who I bought
it from that it was a 54, I also told you that first
person with the money there had the car, you insisted
on me taking the car off samba so by doing that for
you I more than likely could have had the car sold by
now. So my answer is no way am I going to pay you an
extra 20 bucks, I cant believe you even asked for
that. You said yourself the only piece you needed was
from the dash to the gastank and that it was the same
from a 56 or a 54. So you will get back the 300 bucks
and thats about it. I explictly told you that I could
email you pics and you would have been able to see the
details and you kept insisting that you wanted it and
to not sell it. So by doing that I lost time on a
sunday going to the shop for you.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa He never on the phone said he would send me pics but yes it was in his ad. I thought since he was a "RESTO SHOP" he knew the difference between 55 down and 56 and up cars. So I ask about a few parts like the section I needed and the door insides I needed. He said the seats were there and a batwing and stuff like that so I didnt care how bad the car looked as long as it was a 54. Im sure people know there is a BIG difference in a 56 and 54.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD BEANS DRSvw IE Ca. [email protected] Wasted my time Reply with quote

Jason Eden wrote:
Sorry this is so long but I want you to see the whole story. Anyway on samba a 54 body comes up for sell at a "reto shop" for a good deal so I call and say Ill take it and Ill be there tomorrow first thing, The seller said he wont hold it because he has had 10 guys say they want it so I offer pay pal or credit card on the phone he said they dont haave those set up but I could do a bank transfer So I say ok. *snip*.

Never fall for the "10 guys are looking at it" ploy.
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you at least get the $300 back?

My food baby is crowning.
Jason Eden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I got the 300.00 back the next day. Im not saying this guy is dishonest or anything Im just saying that he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about and when I tryed to get 20.00 for him wasting 3 1/2 hr of my life and about 25.00 in gas He cryed about it. I thought it was a more than fair thing to ask for seeing as I bought a 54 not a 56.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The $20 was a lost cause to ask for IMO. I seen plenty of parts cars that the owner didn't know much about. (usually in my favor)
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: 54?????????? Reply with quote

does this mean you won't be on his list of references? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Eden wrote:
Yes I got the 300.00 back the next day. Im not saying this guy is dishonest or anything Im just saying that he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about and when I tryed to get 20.00 for him wasting 3 1/2 hr of my life and about 25.00 in gas He cryed about it. I thought it was a more than fair thing to ask for seeing as I bought a 54 not a 56.

Are you serious? You're demanding he pay you $25 for gas because he made a mistake in the listing? Get a grip on reality. Not everything pans out and it's a gamble in life. Rolling Eyes
Jason Eden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icy wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:

Are you serious? You're demanding he pay you $25 for gas because he made a mistake in the listing? Get a grip on reality. Not everything pans out and it's a gamble in life. Rolling Eyes
I asked for 20.00 because of wasting 3 1/2 hr on my day off and 25.00 in gas. I guess it would be ok tolist my 64 vert as a heb and see how many people send me $$ and waste time to come out here to get disappointed. If your going to sell something and claim its a certain year you should know or say you dont know not act like you know and tell people "Ya it has a batwing and the door alone are worth the price" If it wouldnt have been a shop I might have aske a few more ? "I know now having a shop doent mean shit" If this guy didnt even know that 55 and down cars were different. Icy how would you feel if you saw a low light ghia on samba for a good deal and it was a shop that acted like they knew what they were talking about so you spend almost 4 hr and $$ to go out there and it was a 71. Whats up now?
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Eden wrote:
Icy wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:

I asked for 20.00 because of wasting 3 1/2 hr on my day off and 25.00 in gas. I guess it would be ok tolist my 64 vert as a heb and see how many people send me $$ and waste time to come out here to get disappointed. If your going to sell something and claim its a certain year you should know or say you dont know not act like you know and tell people "Ya it has a batwing and the door alone are worth the price" If it wouldnt have been a shop I might have aske a few more ? "I know now having a shop doent mean shit" If this guy didnt even know that 55 and down cars were different. Icy how would you feel if you saw a low light ghia on samba for a good deal and it was a shop that acted like they knew what they were talking about so you spend almost 4 hr and $$ to go out there and it was a 71. Whats up now?

I'd talk them down in price, haul it home, and then cut it up.

So you are out gas money and a few hours. It could have been worse, and you're not the first person this has happened to.
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200907

Whats up with 2 post's on the same shop, same incident? Get a grip, If you asked me for 20$ I'd laugh in your face. 300$ or 500$ for an oval body isn't bad. Grow up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jason Eden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammyphsyco wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200907

Whats up with 2 post's on the same shop, same incident? Get a grip, If you asked me for 20$ I'd laugh in your face. 300$ or 500$ for an oval body isn't bad. Grow up.
I did offer to buy it for 300 instead of the 500 and said that he could keep the 4 tab hood but he didnt want to work it out. I dont know what you buy but if im buying a 56 57 for 5-600 it better have a pan under it. Laugh in my face that means you must be as fucking lame as the guy that doesnt know a 55 56. Would you say there is a difference? Lets see 56 back seat 40.00 55 back seat 150.00 56 gas tank 30.00 55 gas tank 120.00 From all these post it looks like I really could sell my 64 vert as a heb and no one wolud think I was wrong for wasting peoples time.
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope your just a whinning crybabby. So the guy is an idiot....this entitles you to 20$?

I want 20$ from you for the other topic you started on this same incident.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jason Eden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other post was just to let a few people that I know live in that area to stay away from him so they dont have to wast there time also. Thats it.
And yes I am a crybaby when A "RESTO SHOP" is selling a 54 body I would think when I get there there should be a 54 not a 56 body. I work 70-80 hr a week I dont have time to wast on people that dont know there ass from a hole in the ground. Look in the classifieds right now there is a 56 rag for 650.00 now that I might buy. So would I buy a 56 body with jacked up front and no back clips and dented doors with no glass HELL NO.
twinwindows
Samba Pimp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would drive back nock on his door and say.. Now you owe me $40 for making me come twice!!!
CHRISTINE
GFK LIFER!

myzamboni wrote:
Yeah, everyone's now doing it GFK style . . . everythinig is covert until the finished product is revealed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just spent 15 minutes of my life reading this.
Jason Eden owes me a LOT of money for my time!!!!!!!!! Mad
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
I've just spent 15 minutes of my life reading this.
Jason Eden owes me a LOT of money for my time!!!!!!!!! Mad

Damn Chuck, you are a slow reader, aren't you? Wink
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinwindowsJHC wrote:
I would drive back nock on his door and say.. Now you owe me $40 for making me come twice!!!

Laughing That's funny Laughing

My whole take on this is that it boil's down to the shop owner not posting the ad correctly. Yeah I've met the guy's at DRS in the I.E. and you think they would know VW's since they've been wrenching on VW's for a long time now. They used to be the employee's down at ECONO Mikes right next door to the old Empi Riverside building and across the street from Fumio and Lee leighton so they should know what they have Confused So to make this long boring ass story short. Jason has every right to demand alittle $$$ for his time wasted.

People shouldn't be posting ad's in the classified's on this site without picture's or a link to the pictures. Too many people getting ripped off and time wasted because of their lack of knowledge. Hell I'm not perfect and I post ads with the wrong info from time to time and I am lucky that my fellow sambanista's correct my old ass but if I didn't have any picture's in my ads who's to say the item is what it is (I hate that saying) And the all time favorite line "if it's too good to be true it probably isn't" Wink
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
dnny1990
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Not telling the whole story here. Reply with quote

This person called me within 10 min of the ad being put up and said I want the car and will buy it. The only thing he asked me about was the part between the dash and the gastank. When I told him it was in perfect condition he said he wanted the car. I told him that pics of the car would be up in about 2 hours but he insisted he wanted the car sight unseen. He asked a bunch of questions on the car and I answered every one. At no time did he ask if the car had ribbed doors, if he had I would have said no. I agreed to come in on a Sunday my only day off during the week for him to pick up the car. Once he saw the car he tried to do what so many people do now LOWBALL me and claim that it was only worth the 300 he had already paid. I decided not to sell it at that price and told him I would give him his money back. So far I have gotten about 4 emails from him crying about wasting 3 hours of his life and that I should have paid his 20 bucks for gas. In every email he kept crying about the 20 bucks I should have given him, not considering the time I wasted on a Sunday to come down to the shop and get lowballed on the car. Once the pics were up the car was sold to Larry in Phoenix for 1200 and he was happy with it. This was an oval with the steering wheel, 4 tab hood, no rust, gas tank, glove box door, all door handles inside and out, rear seat, one front seat, wiring harness, and all the window frames. The car was more than worth the 500 bucks, but some people want to play dirty. Like I told this guy, if he is going to cry for 20 bucks and do all this, then honestly he could not afford to be a customer of mine. lol. I am willing to put you in contact with any of my customers and let them tell you what kind of work I do and if they would recommend me to others. This is the first time I deal with anybody that acts like a baby for 20 bucks. lol.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnny1990 ,

Be sure to ask Jason about the Bus he bought in the dark and then proceeded to claim the seller lied to him about the vehicle. We've seen this guy complain before, and I don't think you'll find many people willing to sell to him.
dnny1990
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: He selected which emails of mine to post Reply with quote

Lol, its funny you say that. He didnt print all the emails I sent him back. In one that he sent me he said if I didnt give him the 20 bucks he would tell everybody he knows not to deal with our shop. My reply to him is that if he is that desperate for 20 bucks then everybody that knows him is used to his crying ways and probably wont pay attention to him. And he is full of it, I offered to send him pics and he insisted on buying the car sight unseen. Now if he is going to get to the shop and claim the car isnt worth 500 bucks because it doesnt have ribbed doors, you would think he would have asked about the doors when he was on the phone with me. Actually the reason I didnt take his deal is he let it be know he was going to take this solid oval and cut out the part between the dash and the gastank for another car of his. Just the thought of a solid oval windo that will not take much work to bring back to life getting cut for a small piece of sheetmetal made me cringe. So Jason, how much time have you now wasted out of your life crying to me and everybody on the samba for 20 bucks?? And now I know its not the first time you complain. lol.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: