Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Racing your vw
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

Do you guys race your vws, if so, what did you race and did you win? My dream is to smoke a 5.0 Mustang- Anyone done that?
sixty-two
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

how about a 66 stang with a 306 bracket motor. Ya, he was talkin all sorts of shiat, then ended up staged next to me. He got worked. He then came back around to say he got a bad start. I proceeded to check my time slip...He wasnt even a hundredth of a sec behind me starting, but got be by 1 1/2 car lengths.

Josh - JHC
Mowser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

For anyone interested here is a link to an Mpeg showing a turbo'd bug destroying a big block Camaro. http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/vinperfnet/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/kurtvscamaro.mpeg

Or use this link to see the webpage with 3 different Mpegs.

http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/vinperfnet/vintageperformance/id13.html

Enjoy!

Mo
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

not that i'm a chevy fan, mo, but it looked pretty close to me Wink
Dominic
Samba Bouncer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

Holy sh!t, that was bad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

That Big Block Camaro had a very healthy dose of Nitrous going to it, too, and the driver of the Bug, Kurt, as you can see, came from behind to spank him. To date, to the best of anyone's knowledge, that 10.06/140.95 pass is the fastest pass ever recorded by a street driven Beetle.
Ad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

I had a 68 ghia with a 911 turbo engine on a 911 trans, She was a real sleeper. I always drove like I had a 1600 in there. But when ever I came across a honda all race ready I would challenge them and smoke them like the roach in my ash tray. Muscle cars never wanted to race me.
Ad
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

i race all day every day b/c thats the only way i can keep up with traffic.na i smoked a stang once for the frist 40 feet if thats where the race ended then i won but it wasnt but i still smoked him
Scooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

Dude, my stocker could stomp a honda.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joey-bugnaked.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

I've races 2 stangs on the street and dusted them both, but I haven's raced one on the track yet. I have raced a ton of water-cooled dubs and imports on and off the track.....smoked most of them, just gotta make sure you get em from a dead stop!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TRACKMAGIC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

I saw a primered, beat to hell, 65 bug whip the shit out of this guy with a gutted WRX. It was one of the older style ones(2000) It had a big front mount and was pretty quick. Guy in the bug told him he would run his "little" 2.2L bug against his WRX.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

if you go to kennedy engineering they make a mounting/adapter plate for the mazda rotaries i think.(www.kennedyeng.com)? i was thinking of that but the stock tranny will bust at around 200hp im told. if hi po trannies werent so expensive then i'd find myself a nice rear hit third gen to cannabalize. the rotary exhaust through such short pipes would sound like a horde of very angry hornets
deathbyspoon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

last night i dropped a friend off and a few beers later i was on the way home about 2am and a punk in a del sol with stickers on it and a coffee can pulled up acting hard... then a dropped jetta w/ ground effects pulled up on the other side and a mustang 6 cyl behind him... it was fun making all of them look silly i smoked the tires and laughed all the way home in my 67 granny's grocery getting 2176cc...
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

I saw an angry old lady with a walker across the street from my house. I quickly grabbed my key, switched it on, pushed the start button, fired it up, mashed the pedal, got all 36hp in action, and just beat the bag to the corner!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/84749.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steel buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

stang ain't shit over here in so cal stang won't even race me because all there friend's have already been smoked they don't stand a chance even with a spark plug wire off
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

lol i had the owner of a car club pull up next to me in his wrx smiling like im dirt... till the light turned green.. i pulled a wheelstand he took off only for me to catch back up and see the look on his face when i passed him... Smile god i love VW's thanks germany!!!!!! lol everyone out there that races there bug or anything.... look into and autocraft Midget motors... those bad boys out of the crate are pulling in 400 horsepower.. no turbos or anything!! slap that mamma jamma in your buggy wuggy... (can you say untouchable)
Dubbed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

I just put my 1915 in 2 weeks ago and I was cruisin last Sat and 5.0 Stang pulled up next to me and wanted to race. So naturaly I reved my engine too. He was talking a lot of $*it so I dropped the clutch and smoked him. Later that night at Sonics He complimented me on my car as I showed him it was N/A.
He He He... I love the look on there faces when you pass em!
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

i know if i raced my bettle the thing would start fallin apart and by the end of the race all that would be left would be myself dragging a tire across the finish line.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

In SWFL, you don't see many VW's on the street, but when you do they are hellicously fast. That is why I have a 914 tranny in the vert with a 912 going in for the ponies. If not, it will be a 1835cc w/ dual 40's. C'mon guys... help me out here.
type34inKY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Racing your vw Reply with quote

My daily driver is a Jetta TDI- and while it has plenty of torque for a mid-sized car, it's no speed demon. Once in a while, I'll drive my bug, which currently has stock displacement but little other stuff like quiet pack, dual Kadrons, ratio rockers, etc... and it is quite respectable for a small motor. There is this guy with a bright green Honda Del Sol that is always driving like an ass and we go the last mile or so before my turnoff in the CBD. I was driving quite casually when I spotted him in my rearview shooting across 4 lanes to pass me on the right (I hate that). Of course, a half block up- there is someone stopped in that lane, so I dropped a gear and punched it. He had to brake and get in behind me. At the next light, he is seething mad and we're both lined up. Light turned green and I gave it all she's got- never did this before. I had so much wheel hop, it took at least a half second to hook before I launched, chirped 2nd, and got to the light where I turn. I think I must have frightened him with my launch, because when I looked back for him, he was still 1/4 block back- looking very sullen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: