Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stock 14" Alloys Center Cap Paint ????
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
seabright_sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Stock 14" Alloys Center Cap Paint ???? Reply with quote

Anyone know a specific paint/primer color and brand that matches?

Thanks!
Volksaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a perfect match, but I used Rustoleum 7271 Metallic Silver over a white plastic primer and it came out looking really good.... close enough that it wasn't obvious that it was a repaint job. If the wheels weren't so dirty right now I'd take a new pic, but I don't think it would do it justice. I did pull up a side shot of the van and cropped out most so I could leave the wheels big. The front wheel cap (right) still has what's left of the original paint but you can see where it's flaked off. The rear cap (left) has been repainted. So far the paint is holding up pretty well except a couple places where I don't think I got the plastic clean enough before priming the surface. It probably wouldn't hurt to throw a clear coat over it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: