Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NHL Fans?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

OK, A little late bringing this thread back around again, but I figured it might be fun.

A few weeks before the end of the regular season, I told my wife the Avs would be the team to beat out West, and Tampa Bay would likely be the East side top contestant. Just watched Tampa beat the Rangers right at the end of regulation in a comeback win to make that series 2-1 Rangers. And the Avs look to be in the steam roller position with Edmonton. I don't see the Avs losing this series, even though I am rooting for the Oilers. But the NY/TB series is very much up for grabs.

I'm gonna guess Avs/Lightning in the final, with Tampa getting the three-pete in seven games.

I would much rather see the Oilers (any Canadian team gets my support in the playoffs) against the Rangers (original Six) but I just don't think that is gonna happen.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Welp, Avs are in for the West. Lets go Rangers! Though I do like Victor Hedman for Tampa. Helluva player.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I used to follow the Black Hawks but that was when they had Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Game 1 just started. Not sure who to root for this time. Not a fan of warm weather teams, but I really cannot stand Colorado. I like Joe Sakic CO GM), and I like Victor Hedman (TB Defenseman).

I'm predicting the Avs will win in 6. But I would like to see Tampa get a third cup in a row.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

If the Avs continue to dominate as they have so far, this is going to get a little boring. No disrespect to the team, as they have been stellar to this point. I just prefer a little more competitive action if possible. Game 3 in Tampa may be a little different.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Last game was pretty close. Avs won by only one touchdown …
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Last game was pretty close. Avs won by only one touchdown …

It was definitely a defensive struggle.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

See if Tampa can flip a switch like they did in the last round and make a comeback run.
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
See if Tampa can flip a switch like they did in the last round and make a comeback run.

Been wondering about that, but this time feels different. I'm all for it, though. Swept series are pretty boring.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Came to play tonight
ARR #3
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

With game 1 going to OT I had a hunch it might take all seven. Give the fans their money's worth
ARR #3
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

This is much more fun to watch.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche for their Stanley cup win last night. This was a really fun series to watch, maybe the best play in the last several years.

Nice to see MacKinnon and Makar raise the cup. No, they didn't win it alone, but they are two of the best players to hit the ice in this league.
Behemoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Yeah now I have to order my 3rd Championship puck. Very Happy
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Well, my Islanders got chewed up , and the Devils are in Carolina Hell. Looks like the Bills again to hoist the Cup…
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Devils fan here. It doesn't look good. They came back against the Rags, but the Canes are a much better team. Oh well, the young Devils gain some experience

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

And once again my Wild exit stage left after round one. Hurts even more when they get taken out by Dallas.

Go Kraken!
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Devils fan here. It doesn't look good. They came back against the Rags, but the Canes are a much better team. Oh well, the young Devils gain some experience

Looks like my cuz ain't getting it done for you in goal Razz .
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Well, looks like I won't have to wrestle with sitting inside watching hockey on nice spring evenings this year.

Vegas, Dallas, Florida, and Carolina. Though I like a few of the players involved, it is really hard to have any interest watching hot weather teams play hockey. I'll watch the consolidated highlights the next day, and likely the important cup games.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Well, looks like I won't have to wrestle with sitting inside watching hockey on nice spring evenings this year.

Vegas, Dallas, Florida, and Carolina. Though I like a few of the players involved, it is really hard to have any interest watching hot weather teams play hockey. I'll watch the consolidated highlights the next day, and likely the important cup games.

Those American expansion teams brought upon more opportunities for Canadians, Europeans, and Americans to make a living playing the awesome sport of hockey. Embrace and enjoy the games Very Happy

But with the weather we are having. I can’t blame you for enjoying the outdoors instead of millionaires with missing teeth on a TV Wink Cool

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Page 102 of 105

Jump to: