Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question about hookups on westy.
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Question about hookups on westy. Reply with quote

This is a syncro westy from canada. After a closer look at some of the pictures i have i noticed that there are only two camping hookups on the side of the van when there are usually three. And in the picture you can see another "hookup towards the bottom of the van.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Every westy i've ever seen has looked like this. With three hookups: Two for water and one for Electric.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Are the canadian westys different than the us ones? Anybody else have hookups like this.
erdonline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Canadian differences Reply with quote

There were two differences between Canadian and US Westfalias that I know of. Maybe there are more, but these are the two that I know of.

The US models had the three hook-ups all in a row: on the left, the city water hook-up, then the electrical connection, and on the right, the fill for the on-board water tank. The Canadian codes required that the electrical hook-up be down low where you see it in the pic, and instead of a male plug under that cover, there was a long heavy-duty extension cord that you pulled out, stored in the lower cabinet to the left of the refrigerator. That cabinet, used for storage on US models, had a sticker inside the door of the Canadian models that said "Not for storage," as it was for the extension cord.

The other difference that I know of is the stove: The US models have a combination heat shield and drain tray for dishes when the stove isn't being used. The stainless steel tray comes down from being snapped into place on the stove/sink cover, and has a drain hole on the right side which drains water into the sink. The Canadian models just have a heat shield on the cover that does not come down.

Ed in CT
McVanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

****edit****

Never mind, I thought this thread was about something completely different. I'll save my Westy hook up stories for another time.
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Erdonline.

Well my question is answered. And i'm wondering what stories McVanagon was gonna tell.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: