Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Derek Young - Earlybugs - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Earlybugs
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 22, 2014
Dave T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my product on Saturday the 25th Thanks Dave T
ragged63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 100% trust in Derek, but like he said he is a one man show. I have been at his shop plenty of times where someone would came in with a problem and Derek will drop everything and help them. I know that doesnt make up for not shipping something out in a timely manner but Derek is the real deal and I am lucky to have him work on my 55.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bearlakecustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want a seller that has good communication then derek is not for you ive bin calling and texting with no response said he shipped out the wheels but sent me some tracking numbers that didnt work i hope he follows threw but if not luckily i paid threw pay pal and ill buy wheels from someone who will actual appreciate business and a good buyer who pays instanly
Popout Pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Earlybugs, paypal dispute filed Reply with quote

Paypal has got to be getting sick of this guy! Customers car waiting. Sent paypal payment on March 13, was told "priority mail, with confirmation". haven't recieve my parts. Sent an e-mail on the 28th, no response. Filed my dispute with paypal today. If you are going to scam me, at least let me know! And for those that come on here and defend this fella, you are just a bad as he is, maybe worse.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deactivated all of his ads since his profile says he hasn't used the site since March 18th, 2012 and he has 2 issues above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ragged63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to scam me, at least let me know! And for those that come on here and defend this fella, you are just a bad as he is, maybe worse.

hey, pop off pete before you pop off on thoose that you say defend Derek, I have only given you what I have encountered. Derek has always helped me and yes I will defend him if I can. If Derek has done you wrong so be it but dont drag the rest of us into your rant. I guess I am worse as you put it because I gave my honest opinion of Derek. I dont talk trash to thoose I dont even know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Popout Pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for proving my point.
Got my refund from Derek today...live and learn.
ragged63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you received a refund so lets put this to bed. I was only reporting that I had a positive experience with Derek. I understand that you feel that for whatever reason you were burned and if it was me I would most likely feel the same way. But please explain to me how I am worse because I did not get burned. I did not feel that I was defending Derek. I'm glad that I proved your point by giving someone good feedback that did me right by me and a few others as well.
Earlybugs
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Both issues above are resolved. Im not a scam artist , but i am a slow shipper. Ive been selling on here for years with no complaints untill recently. Im a one man shop and parts havent been selling as much over the past year or so. Sometimes i just cant go to the post office to ship out 1 or 2 things. I do my best to try and ship once a week. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you.

Derek@WagenWerks
German U-Boat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a hard to find early oval/split part and Derek was quick with email replies and tracking info. I got my shipment within a week from payment. Please remember folks, Derek ships on Saturdays, so if you buy something on Sunday it takes a week before it goes out.

Once again thanks Derek and I hope we do more business in the future! Very Happy
seventyfo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek lied twice to me telling me he had shipped my NOS tees and that he would send me tracking numbers, never received my parts, and he won't answer any emails. I guess he figures it's only $13, no big deal. Well no one gave me that money, I had to work for it. I asked him for a refund and he's ignored me. Not a scam artist? And why can't you go to the post office to ship one or two things? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard.

"I don't know you well enough to care about your comments". Watkins Cravey
Bearlakecustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow shipping is alot different then lying luckily for pay pal my issue got resolved but he lied to me several times and said the wheels shipped and even sent me some bogus tracking numbers
seventyfo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid with a USPS money order which he said he got, then told me it shipped and he would send tracking #s. After a couple weeks no parts asked where's my parts, oh I forgot. Will send out parts and give you tracking info. Weeks later still nothing. Now he won't answer emails asking for refund. I had to get the parts I needed somewhere else. DON'T BUY FROM THIS ONE !

seventyfo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my refund from Derek today. NOT a scam artist. Thanks, Derek.

Earlybugs
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I deleted my adds for about a month to catch up on work at the shop. Im now just about caught up and Im going to start posting some adds again. I will be shipping parts out atleast twice a week, and if you need something shipped that day let me know and i will do my best.

Thanks
Derek@WagenWerks
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called and talked to Derek, asking if he had any type 3 rear Brake assemblies. He said that he had some barely used (Mabe 300 miles) ones, that he would sell for 250.00 + 20.00 shipping. He texted me his paypal address within minutes and I asked for him to respond that he got my Paypal, which he did get it and responded via text within 5 minutes of me sending it, which was the 15th (2 Weeks Ago). He said he would get them out thursday, the next day. I waited till the 23rd and texted him with no resonse. Texted again the 24th, with No Responce. He texted me the next day on saturday the 25th, saying " Hey there, getting shipped today priority mail"

Sunday the 26th, I asked if they were shipped via text, no response.
Tuesday the 28th, asked if they were shipped via text, No Response.

All while, I have told him there is a car show on the 1st, (This Saturday). I wanted to get this bus to the show. I have been waiting for the postman, as I was under the assumption they were shipped. This is all I am waiting for now to complete the thing.
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call from Derek and he said he was going to overnight my brake assemblies, so I will have them tomorrow to install, for the show on sat/sun.

I will update this tomorrow. Very Happy
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek, did my parts ship also?

Dustin

IN2RUST wrote:
I got a call from Derek and he said he was going to overnight my brake assemblies, so I will have them tomorrow to install, for the show on sat/sun.

I will update this tomorrow. Very Happy
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Bad news as usual. I waited for overnight usps yesterday till around 11am and then Texted Derek, and asked if he shipped them out USPS. He texted me back saying "Yes, I did but USPS wanted 180.00 for overnight, so I used Fed Ex cause they were 60.00.

I said, so " You shipped them Fed-Ex Overnight? His response was Yes.

I asked for a tracking # from him, and he said that he was @ lunch and would
text me the # when he got back to the shop. This was 12:15pm Yesterday. @ 2:35, I texted him asking if he was back from lunch yet with no response. Texted him @ 3:04, telling him that I am waiting around @ home waiting for Fed Ex now. He replied @ 3:47 and sent me a tracking #. I checked the # and it said that, I would not get the package till sept 4th, and was shipped ground, Not Overnight...

He said " Really? Ill get on and check" Text @ 3:53 from Derek

I said yes @ 3:54

@ 4:14 I asked if he had any luck?

@ 4:25 I said " What did you come up with? Really need them TODAY"

@ 5:04pm Derek Texted me " The lady at fed ex told me you would get it today"

@ 5:05 I asked, did you call her?

@ 6:02 I asked "Any News"

@ 7:03 Derek said "I dont know. I told them at fed ex you needed it today and I paid for overnight.

@7:10 I said " You should Call. I will call them and ask. I will update your feedback accordingly, Thanks"

I was SOOOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF.

I called Fed Ex this morning and talked to them.....The Lady to me " The shipper Paid for Fed Ex GROUND" so you will get them the 4th.

I Paid on the 15th. Paid within minutes of Talking to Derek on the Phone.

Also when I called last saturday to see what was going on, It rang and went to voicemail after 4 or 5 rings. Left him a message and he called me back thursday and said he was @ the beach and lost his phone when I called the saturday before. He said that he could Overnight them to me or Refund my money. I said " I need them, please ship them"

This Whole Transaction has left a taste of Fresh Dog Shit in my mouth.

Here is What I would recommend to Derek and his Buisness to work on

1) Communication
2) Followthru
3) Blatent Lies, that wasted a day that I took off to wait for the overnight bullshit package. That would piss anyone off.

4) Integrity
5) Honesty
6) Put his self in a Customers shoes that ordered parts over 2 weeks in advance to get it to the sacramento Bug o Rama vw Show with it finished, only to be Lied to MANY MANY MANY Times and still not get them in time..Wait a minute....I still have not gotten them..

I would think twice about Ordering Parts from Derek.
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved the brakes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: