Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MLB Fans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Justin Turner has positive Covid test.

Just heard that on the radio. I guess that's why he was gone for the last few innings.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Cusser wrote:

Just heard that on the radio. I guess that's why he was gone for the last few innings.

Isn't that him in the front row with no mask. And wasn't this picture taken after he and the team were told his was positive?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Cusser wrote:

Isn't that him in the front row with no mask. And wasn't this picture taken after he and the team were told his was positive?

That pic is from 2017 Dodgers vs Cubs NLCS.
Buy yes he was on the field an hour after they won.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023

Last edited by 56Cabrio on Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
Glenn wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Cusser wrote:

That pic is from 2017 Dodgers vs Cubs NLCS.

Opps...

Better?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Cusser wrote:

Yes, that's him, no that is not from last night. But I did hear that he snuck back onto the field for the after-game celebration. Not sure if he was masked at the time, but he was supposed to stay in "quarantine" and did not.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

I don't think he should of been on the field and im a die hard Dodger fan and any other team my cousin plays too. This covid is no joke.

1963 Hard Top

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
I don't think he should of been on the field and im a die hard Dodger fan and any other team my cousin plays too. This covid is no joke.

Removed to promote peace and harmony😀

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Not a cool move for him to do, due to the risk to teammates.

But note that a positive test does not mean he suddenly was contagious, yet was not a moment before. He was in the dugout/clubhouse all game, lasting hours. But for 10-15 minutes he goes on the field, mostly masked (other than posing for photos, and most of those with his wife). Can anyone really argue he was a death threat to those around him after the game?

There are tests that return results in 15 minutes. Why did it take 7 innings for him to get results? What MLB treating protocol was not followed here? Or was their protocol really that porous? None of that is on the player.

MLB has absolutely no moral standing to wag a finger at him, after their non-enforcement of rules against cheating (are you listening, Houston Asterisks?). This should be the Dodger's third title in four years, but they only get one. So much for "MLB rules."

Any enforcement should be by the Dodgers' players and management, since they were the ones put at risk. I doubt either of those groups will push it.

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

But back to the games...

Dodgers were slightly favored, but the prior games didn't really bear that out. Several games were decided by fantastic plays, base running flubs, questionable calls, and isolated insane hitting in an inning or two... this series was really close.

And last night's game was a verdict on computer metrics. Pulling Snell was what the computer recommended (it didn't want him facing players for the third time), but damn, 2 hits in 72 pitches... that was an outlier, even for him. He was virtually untouchable, and the Dodgers dreaded facing him still late in the game. He should have been left in to see the inning through. The Dodgers were going nowhere in the game, until they got the boost of his removal, and then everything changed.

Not to bag on the coach... if he had done differently, his management would have called him on the carpet.

But gut and momentum are not reflected in the metrics, but should have prevailed in this case. We'd be playing a Game 7 today if not for that, I feel.

But kudos to my Dodgers, and especially to Urias, who was on fire and showed his worth, again beyond what the computer says.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

But kudos to my Dodgers, and especially to Urias, who was on fire and showed his worth, again beyond what the computer says.

X100 Urias was on fire !!! He pitched the last 3 innings in game 6 of the NLCS against the Braves and pitched the last 2.1 innings of game 6 in the World Series,he's a competitor !!!

1963 Hard Top

56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Eddie Robinson, MLB's oldest living player, turns 100 years old.
He has seen it all, from an Indians title to Babe to Jackie to Aaron
https://www.mlb.com/news/eddie-robinson-looks-back-at-his-career-as-he-turns-100

1963 Hard Top

56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Trevor Bauer to the Dodgers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Outside of baseball he’s a good guy a little strange but a nice guy, his dad Warren taught my son how to improve on his curveball.

Link

1963 Hard Top

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Surprised this hasn't been a topic here yet.

Link

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Most likely only L.A. and N.Y. teams can afford Judge going forward. Situation really makes one feel proud of such system.....

Remember the old cartoons with one football team being Blutos and one being Popeyes ????
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Most likely only L.A. and N.Y. teams can afford Judge going forward.

I hear Boston is interested.

BTW, Roger Maris Jr. said MLB should review the HR record and only list those that did it "clean"... i'm paraphrasing.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/maris-jr-beli...something/
Quote:
Asked Wednesday whether he considers McGwire and Bonds home run totals to be illegitimate, Maris answered yes.

``I do,'' he said. ``I think most people do.''

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Funny how a one of the biggest feats/records in sports elicits negative responses here.

As a young teen, I lived near Fargo, North Dakota. We would go to their shopping mall called West Acres for back to school shopping and such. In one entrance to the mall there was a display of Roger Maris and his achievements. I read all about 61 in 61 back then, as I had never even heard of him to that point. He was an interesting, humble man. It was nice to see his son and Judge's mother sitting together at the game last night.

So Maris hit 61 in 61, then 61 years later Judge hits his 61st of the season.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Funny how a one of the biggest feats/records in sports elicits negative responses here.

I don't think anything here is negative, but you can have your own opinion.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Where it only those two and limited to only hitters that would be a valid point but its not.

Judge is a NorCal guy and a Giants fan growing up... we'd take him!

Glenn wrote:
Cusser wrote:
Most likely only L.A. and N.Y. teams can afford Judge going forward.

I hear Boston is interested.

BTW, Roger Maris Jr. said MLB should review the HR record and only list those that did it "clean"... i'm paraphrasing.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/maris-jr-beli...something/
Quote:
Asked Wednesday whether he considers McGwire and Bonds home run totals to be illegitimate, Maris answered yes.

``I do,'' he said. ``I think most people do.''

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
As a young teen, I lived near Fargo, North Dakota. We would go to their shopping mall called West Acres for back to school shopping and such. In one entrance to the mall there was a display of Roger Maris and his achievements. I read all about 61 in 61 back then, as I had never even heard of him to that point. He was an interesting, humble man.

I saw Roger play twice: once in the 1959 All Star game in Pittsburgh (my great uncle took us, I was 6) and in 1960 World Series game 7 after my mom pulled my brother and me out of school to attend on scalper tickets.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: