Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg factory tours for Hessisch Oldendorf visitors
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Wolfsburg factory tours for Hessisch Oldendorf visitors Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dear VW-Friends,

last week, I got in contact with the visitor service of Volkswagen in Wolfsburg. We were talking about factory tours for the week after the Hessisch Oldendorf-Show and the Wolfsburg event at the folling weekend. We are pleasure to offer you factory visitor tours at the homeland of Volkswagen in Wolfsburg. These tours could be held in English, French, Spain, Chinese and German. Every tour will take round about one hour and could be offered for us on monday, the 24th of june at 10:30 am, 12:30 am and 2:30 p.m. Please send me information if you are interested in at at what time you would visit the Volkswgen plant and which language you prefer. At our website www.wob75.de you will find a formular for registration.

Additonal we are planing to organize tours at the Volkswagen Commercial Factory in Hannover and some other intersting tours for Volks.

Last edited by Björn Schewe on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Stetoppingphoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats brilliant! we are planning the factory after the show

let me figure out a best time and il PM you Björn

Thanks
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to this museum, a tour really isn't necessary it really isn't that big of a place
SplitPersonality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sub-hatchtim wrote:
I have been to this museum, a tour really isn't necessary it really isn't that big of a place

Duh.... The museum(s) is one thing, but the factory is undoubtably a "big place" and indeed worth a guided tour.

This is a great offering Bjorn - thank you!
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are actually in cotact with some old workers of the good, old beetle time who could escourt the tour and tell their stories from their first hands view...
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Björn Schewe wrote:
We are actually in cotact with some old workers of the good, old beetle time who could escourt the tour and tell their stories from their first hands view...

Damn, would love to take part in this, but I can't stay the week following. If someone could video the tour, or part of it (that we vintage nuts would be interested in) and the stories from the old workers, that would be great.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Undis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I sign up for the Chinese tour - just for the challenge of it!!! Laughing

Seriously though, this sounds like a great idea. Last time I was at the factory they still had Golf markII on the assembly lines. It just so happens I'll still be in Germany on the 24th so this may be a great way to spend the day. Is there a tour of the museum as well?
surreysplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never been so would love to do this , Good work Bjorn Cool
wolfsburgvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi we are hoping to make the trip a friend who is also going is taking his your daughter and i would like to know if small children are allowed on the tour as last time they were not. thanks steve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Carlos007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Bjorn, I am the guy Steve is talking about. I have never been before and am desparate to go on the tour but I will have an extremely well behaved 3yr old little girl. I will be on my own so need to know if she can come in with me. Thanks, Carl
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normaly it is a problem with the youngest ones in reason of insurance - and maybe it itps to bory for them. I will ask. If it is a problem, there is a Kindergarden inside of the Autostadt with so nice toys and Nannys that you wish to be a child again
Carlos007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for asking, let me know please if you find out for sure. Kindergarten sounds cool so will look into that if it's a definite no. Carl
BjornTore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg factory tours for Hessisch Oldendorf visitors Reply with quote

Björn Schewe wrote:
Dear VW-Friends,

last week, I got in contact with the visitor service of Volkswagen in Wolfsburg. We were talking about factory tours for the week after the Hessisch Oldendorf-Show and the Wolfsburg event at the folling weekend. We are pleasure to offer you factory visitor tours at the homeland of Volkswagen in Wolfsburg. These tours could be held in English, French, Spain, Chinese and German. Every tour will take round about one hour and could be offered for us on monday, the 24th of june at 10:30 am, 12:30 am and 2:30 p.m. Please send me information if you are interested in at at what time you would visit the Volkswgen plant and which language you prefer.

Very good! I ve planed a visit to Wolfsburg this date too. But where is the official program for the 75 year jubilee of both the city Wolfsburg an VW Werk.Is it planned to start the week-end after the Hessisch Oldendorf meeting.? You all know that WOB and VW Werk is 75 years this may????? www.wolfsburg.de I was at the 50 years jubillee in 1988, that was fun, incl a VW car meeting and lot s of happenings in the city, I also was there at the 60 years jubilee in 1998. But what I have read so far, it was not so much info about how VW werk is having a 75 years party. Bjorn Tore
Björn Schewe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg factory tours for Hessisch Oldendorf visitors Reply with quote

The official party is from the 28th to the 30th of june 2013 - so it is the following weekend after Hessisch Oldendorf. Do you have any picutes of the 50th ann. Party in 1988? It was the time when I just starded to enjoy the Volkswagen so I wasn't there ( I was 14 years old without any dring licence too)

The City of Wolfsburg and even our Wolfsburg beetle club is waiting for the official "go" to give you more informatiions.
wolfsburgvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any news on the hanover tours please at the bus factory.steve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andy Sparks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
Björn Schewe wrote:

Damn, would love to take part in this, but I can't stay the week following. If someone could video the tour, or part of it (that we vintage nuts would be interested in) and the stories from the old workers, that would be great.

If it inside the factory pictures and recording is banned, i have done the factory tour a few times and it has never changed
BjornTore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg factory tours for Hessisch Oldendorf visitors Reply with quote

Björn Schewe wrote:
The official party is from the 28th to the 30th of june 2013 - so it is the following weekend after Hessisch Oldendorf. Do you have any picutes of the 50th ann. Party in 1988? It was the time when I just starded to enjoy the Volkswagen so I wasn't there ( I was 14 years old without any dring licence too)

The City of Wolfsburg and even our Wolfsburg beetle club is waiting for the official "go" to give you more informatiions.

Ok good, I shall take a look in my photoalbum, I do know I have som photos from the VW meeting that was held that time. Bjorn Tore
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Bjorn and all who make the Monday tours of the VW factory and the Autostat possible. So will these tours have the "older worker" tour guides, anything to make the tour more personal for Vintage VW enthuiasts coming from the H-O event? I will be driving at least three other enthusiasts to Wolfsburg for the Tour festivities/activities at Wolfsburg. Will the possible tours of the Type 2 plant at Hannover be on Tuesday?

Bjorn, many of us will be driving rare and valuable old VWs from the H-O event and leaving them unattended at these VW factory tour functions. Is there any plan to park these vintage VWs in a secured area at the factories, or to possibly provide a guard(s) to protect these vehicles from theft or tampering? That would make a few of us feel a bit more secure when leaving them unattended so we can really enjoy the tours.

Thanks again for your efforts on our behalf at Wolfsburg and Hannover. We can't wait to join you in June!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on coming out the HO event and possibly the tour as well, just curious where the best place to fly into is?
usariemen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannover is close and has an airport.
Don´t know if there are good connections to the USA.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: