Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A true spray nozzle | In Production!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

You're welcome, Forrest. And Oh, new paint looks cool as well.

I think you wise to take your time to R&D, dial in as needed and sell a ton of them.

Good Luck!

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Here's a quick update from driving at highway speeds ~65mph.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Next tweak:
Driver's side spray nozzles on earlier vans are located more to the edge of the van. I have to add more degrees of rotation so that the pattern hits more dead center in the driver's field of view.

Later van owners shouldn't have any issues. The nozzles should work perfectly.

I'll update you guys as I get the new parts printed.

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Ante me in, brother! The de-icing crap they put on the roads here in Colorado is killing me. I'd rather have the ice!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Pictures tell a thousand words. Thanks.

Stop lights, End Road Work signs, Other vehicles on brakes. Not exactly what I imagine as highway speeds of ~65 mph, but hey, a guy can imagine somewhere else in the world where those things actually happen.

Nice to see forward progress, even when all visual queues tell other stories.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Pictures tell a thousand words. Thanks.

Stop lights, End Road Work signs, Other vehicles on brakes. Not exactly what I imagine as highway speeds of ~65 mph, but hey, a guy can imagine somewhere else in the world where those things actually happen.

Nice to see forward progress, even when all visual queues tell other stories.

That's California Pacific Coast Highway for ya Laughing ~65

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

I'd love to try the PCH out some day. Looks light a real nightmare right there. Again, good to see progress.
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Spray pattern looks pretty good. Certainly better than a solid stream. Keep us posted!
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

SOLD! Take my money...please! Wink

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
iliketowalk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Do want.

Any idea on price?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

iliketowalk wrote:
Do want.

Any idea on price?

Me too Fred!

Other price points I see from first three I clicked through, single sparys: 4.95 and 7.95 each side, two sprays at 14.95 each side. So, if these new ones are not so much more than the value of those others, its a no brainer to get these. Hope to see production run soon. I got a couple more months until mine will come out of the garage tho, so I would be hopeful for a order form or click or something in classified around mid March myself.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
iliketowalk wrote:
Do want.

Any idea on price?

Me too Fred!

Other price points I see from first three I clicked through, single sparys: 4.95 and 7.95 each side, two sprays at 14.95 each side. So, if these new ones are not so much more than the value of those others, its a no brainer to get these. Hope to see production run soon. I got a couple more months until mine will come out of the garage tho, so I would be hopeful for a order form or click or something in classified around mid March myself.

I'm in the midst of trying to find a good price point.

Current prices per nozzle offered elsewhere (before tax):

Van-Cafe
$6.45 - Wiper Washer - Squirter Nozzle (aftermarket with stock appearance)
$7.75 - Dual Wiper Washer-Squirter Nozzle (low-profile)

GoWesty
$9.95 - Spray Nozzle for Windshield (aftermarket with stock appearance)
$15.95 - Dual Nozzle Windshield Washer Jet

BusDepot
$4.95 - Windshield Washer Spray Nozzle (aftermarket with stock appearance)
$9.95 - Windshield Washer Spray Nozzle Dual (low-profile)

Stock price range: $4.95 - $9.95
Dual price range: $7.75 - $15.95

All that being said, that's what people pay for, essentially, either 2 or 4 squirt guns mounted on the van... Laughing

I'll keep you guys posted regarding the price.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

forrest.whitmore wrote:

I'm in the midst of trying to find a good price point.

Good recap on whats out there, thanks, agreed.

My operative word of the day from up above is "value"

Keep in mind that what your spray does would be more valuable, indeed. That being said, I couldn't justify spending more than 2X the next best alternative. Not sure I could even get myself to spend more than $50 shipped. Hard stuff right there. I hate pricing things, even when I can calculate my cost per hour. My dad says he rarely makes minimum wage on his stuff. He reminds me to be smarter than he is, on a daily basis.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Alaskaberrys wrote:

Wow, looks like the spray pattern pretty much covered everything in sight Smile

I don't know how I missed ^^^this^^^, but that is funny haha Laughing

Last edited by agon.parts on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Your spray nozzles certainly would compete against (and beat) the next best nozzles out there... IMO the GW dual spray nozzles (which I currently own). I'd be happy to pay the same price and I'd probably tell every Westy owner I know about them!

GW dual spray nozzle currently on sale for $14.95/each: http://www.gowesty.com/product-details.php?v=&id=24156

I like the GW dual nozzles especially because they are tall enough (like single spray OEM nozzles) to spray OVER the windshield wiper arms... unlike other dual spray nozzles on the market that are too short. However, if yours are also tall enough, your spray pattern is far superior to the GW dual spray nozzles. Looking forward to them! I'll take 3 nozzles total when you're ready please (two for the front and one for the rear).
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

I pick $4.95...It's name your own price, right????? Wink

They look great...keep us posted!

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Forrest,

Thanks for your work on moving this forward. I am interested in a pair. Can you please add me to some email list that you were hopefully maintaining of interested customers, and let me know when they are available?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

climberjohn wrote:
Forrest,

Thanks for your work on moving this forward. I am interested in a pair. Can you please add me to some email list that you were hopefully maintaining of interested customers, and let me know when they are available?

Thanks for the interest, climberjohn. Please see quote below:

forrest.whitmore wrote:
Hello All,

I'm putting together a survey/waitlist to keep track of people since I've been getting a mixed bag of contacts (i.e. PM, email, topic replies,etc.).

Please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HGVDGYL to add yourself to the waitlist.

designer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

Those look real real good. Just signed in on the survey monkey from Idaho. I remember reading about putting porche nozzles in or something a while back ... but of course never got around to it.

Will you please do a video of installation as well as in-use spraying when you finalize?

thanks.

-cc-

"It is that annoying, accelerating downhill so I can make it up the next hill in the same gear. Foot to floor hoping I can get out of the way of other cars getting onto the highway." - somebody on here around 2013.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

designer wrote:
Will you please do a video of installation as well as in-use spraying when you finalize?

Yea, I will try to get a video done of the installation. If I'm not able to, I'll most likely do step-by-step pictures of the installation. It's pretty basic.

I'll also definitely try to get a video of them in use.

agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Progress Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
Your spray nozzles certainly would compete against (and beat) the next best nozzles out there... IMO the GW dual spray nozzles (which I currently own). I'd be happy to pay the same price and I'd probably tell every Westy owner I know about them!

GW dual spray nozzle currently on sale for $14.95/each: http://www.gowesty.com/product-details.php?v=&id=24156

I like the GW dual nozzles especially because they are tall enough (like single spray OEM nozzles) to spray OVER the windshield wiper arms... unlike other dual spray nozzles on the market that are too short. However, if yours are also tall enough, your spray pattern is far superior to the GW dual spray nozzles. Looking forward to them! I'll take 3 nozzles total when you're ready please (two for the front and one for the rear).

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.

My nozzles do spray over the wiper arms. Very Happy

My van doesn't have a rear wiper, so I'll probably need someone to test that out for me. I'm sure it would spray well, however, I'm not so sure about the angle of the nozzle; it may have to be tweaked to aim lower.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: