Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

subbie ecu and harness
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweetguth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: subbie ecu and harness Reply with quote

I did the cardinal sin of buying a JDN EJ254 without the ECU or Harness. I am want to put it in a Manx clone but I am hold waiting for an ECU solution.

I called the local Subbie dealership and they said they could order an ecu and harness without the vehicle VIN number from which it came from. Is that really true? Would there be a VIN# stamped on the motor?

I was going to go with the factory ECU to save money as I wasn't worried about a pro tuned buggy for just driving around by the beach.

I am not that electronically inclined but I am wondering if it would just be easier and faster in the long run to buy something like a stinger ecu and harness or an equivalent.

Can anyone who has done the subbie swap tell me the best route to go to solve this dilemma? Any advice would be appreciated.
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: subbie ecu and harness Reply with quote

https://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/offroad-servic...FybmVzcyJd Easy

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
sweetguth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: subbie ecu and harness Reply with quote

mcmscott wrote:

$350 for a pre done harness sounds like a very good deal to me! Are the stinger ECUs decent? It sure looks a lot more favorable than trying to find a matching ECU and praying it works
danielzink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: subbie ecu and harness Reply with quote

sweetguth wrote:
mcmscott wrote:

$350 for a pre done harness sounds like a very good deal to me! Are the stinger ECUs decent? It sure looks a lot more favorable than trying to find a matching ECU and praying it works

eh.......

Pretty sure that's just for the wiring harness

This page shows the management systems:

http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/engine_management.htm

It looks like a basic Stinger with a pre-installed MAP is 1150 + 350 for the harness....

Dan

www.danielzink.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sweetguth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: subbie ecu and harness Reply with quote

Looks like the stinger will do the job.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: