Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Enjoyed an early colorful spring day today with my 1973 Marina Blue Standard Beetle.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Ajros
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

My wife took our daughter around the neighborhood. It was her first time driving her in the Super. Still learning to drive manual, and Friday was her first time driving it (around the block) alone. Good times.
https://youtu.be/gHC-_Cl2UfU?si=KhcLjhMI8l-bJNRt

Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Driving home after being at the shop. I had to pull off the road since the throttle pedal suddenly went to the floor. The cable had disconnected from the carb linkage. Tightened it back up, then drove the rest of the way home.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ltjohnb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Since I had to be at work ridiculously early today, I decided to take advantage of the cool air and open highway.

22 Taos "Betty White"
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove to Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg today. It was 35F, so I didn’t drive topless.

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

That's gotta be one of the nicest Super convertibles I've seen. Not even gonna try to figure out that restaurant's name or *why*!! Very Happy

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

This lake is at the old border of Algonquian and Nipmuk Indian territories. The name means “Fishing Place at the Boarder, Neutral Meeting Grounds.”
MountainBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Lost69Convertible wrote:
1969 Beetle Convertible: My first car. I loved it, I lost it, and I never got over it.

Can I ask what happened to your 69 Beetle? Do you still have any pictures?
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

MountainBeetle wrote:
Can I ask what happened to your 69 Beetle? Do you still have any pictures?

In September 1979, I packed my things into my 1969 diamond blue Beetle convertible, drove to college less than an hour away, and moved into the dorm to begin my sophomore year. My roommate had use of his parent’s house on the shore while they were away. So we raced to that house (two cars) with plans to hit a few bars and stay overnight. As I struggled to keep up at 70 mph in my stock Beetle with 120K plus miles, the engine dropped a valve on cylinder three. KLUNCK!

With very limited money and no available time, I decided to sell the rusty old Beetle for $400 to a friend on campus. The following Spring, he completed the engine repair, did a lot of body work, and I had one last chance to drive it while painted in grey primer. I never saw it again. And like many others, the great memories in that Bug, my first car, only became stronger as time went by and I regret letting it go. Summer at the beach: drinking, girls, you get the idea.
I don’t have any pictures of it.
MountainBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Did you ever re-establish contact with the friend to know what became of it?
In the UK we can punch into the government’s database a license plate and it’ll say if it is still on the road etc. Is there a system in the US to do the same? It would be cool if it still existed.
Deggi Mirch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

First drive in 7 years. Palisades, Washington
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Impressive photo with strong colors, Deggi. Why was it not drive in the past 7 years? Mechanical problems?
Deggi Mirch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Thanks Rome, those colors are straight out of the camera it's a beautiful place.
I was thinking to do some kind of build thread on this Bug, it's had some real neglect thrown at it.
What a rush when you first get it out on the road, grinning like a madman or that crazy Jack Nicholson face
Jhp212
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

HE HAS RISEN! Well, ok this actually happened yesterday but after 2+ years of being sidelined and fixing it the best I can I finally fired it up and took it for a little drive.

Still a lot more adjusting/tweeking/testing but got it going again and what a good feeling. Couldn’t have done it without this site. Happy Easter!
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Wow, that looks fantastic. I'm pretty sure you can get the flush dash vents from vendors in Europe since they sold a Bug model into the 70s w/the older style metal dash.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I went out for a cruise yesterday in the yellow bug and covered over 60 miles much hwy at hwy speeds. I feel good driving this car, a lifetime of memories. I especially like getting up on the road and passing Teslas 😂

Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

I saw the Grateful Dead in 1978 a few months before you. You should go easy on those Teslas! Imagine the range-anxiety driving those long OK highways with the AC on. A Beetle beat down is the last thing they need haha Very Happy
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I went out for a cruise yesterday in the yellow bug and covered over 60 miles much hwy at hwy speeds. I feel good driving this car, a lifetime of memories. I especially like getting up on the road and passing Teslas

Love the beard. Mine isn't all white yet.

How come the dash doesn't match the car? I see a seatbelt sign in your dash but the back of the car looks older.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I went out for a cruise yesterday in the yellow bug and covered over 60 miles much hwy at hwy speeds. I feel good driving this car, a lifetime of memories. I especially like getting up on the road and passing Teslas

Love the beard. Mine isn't all white yet.

How come the dash doesn't match the car? I see a seatbelt sign in your dash but the back of the car looks older.

Two different cars.
The 67 has been on the back burner for a few years.

The Yellow car is his driver.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Ajros
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove it to Costco for some gas, it was closed. ran out before making it home. well, time for an impromptu photoshoot until my gas arrived lol

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 108 of 109

Jump to: