Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original seatbelt fix
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad73Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Original seatbelt fix Reply with quote

The original seatbelts in my 73 Ghia no longer retract very reliably. To me, it makes driving more of an adventure, but my wife just cannot sit comfortably in the car if the belt is not snuggly on her shoulder. Can anything be done to the original ones to make them work again or do I just need to replace them?
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Origional seatbelt fix Reply with quote

It might be time to just replace. If you're going to attempt to repair or clean those spring loaded re-winder devices, be careful those springs are...well...springy and pop out all over with spring steel flying everywhere, and difficult to work with.
I thought I could take one apart one time and do some maint on it...nope.
I think there are some tutorials on here somewhere if you search around.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: