Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to post Feedback / Feedback Rules - READ FIRST!
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: How to post Feedback / Feedback Rules - READ FIRST! Reply with quote

Guidelines for posting buyer/seller feedback.
  • Before starting a new thread, be sure to search for the person's name and email to see if there is an existing feedback thread. Then add your feedback to that thread and it will automatically bump to the top.
    A good way to find their feedback thread is to pull up one their ads and click on the
    Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
    button.

When doing a Forums search by email, enter only the first part of their email address into the search screen to get the best match. Example: if the person's email address is [email protected] search on 55bus* not [email protected]
  • In order to enforce this rule, we will lock newly created threads if there is an existing feedback thread on a particular seller/buyer.
  • You MUST include the person's email in the subject line or at least somewhere in the message body in order for the Classifieds Feedback search function to work.
    Sample thread title: Username - Email address - Real name
    EverettB - [email protected] - Everett Barnes
    <---Please use this format
    (Some people prefer their first name only or no name at all be used)
  • Give details - Positive or negative, try to give some detail.
    • If leaving negative feedback, you must provide details or your post will be deleted.
      • Explain the transaction and what steps you took to rectify the situation
      • Be prepared to back up your statements with proof, for example emails to/from the seller and any package tracking numbers
      • Include the amount of time since the transaction occurred. Due to differences in seller's speed to ship and pack an item, you have probably not been ripped off unless the time that has elapsed is at least 3 weeks, longer if the transaction is international.
  • Have you contacted the person already, including by phone? If you are having trouble with a seller, do not use a person's feedback to ask about your order status or for technical advice unless you have already tried to contact them and waited at least 2 days for a response.
    • Contact them directly via email or phone.
  • Stick to the facts. It undermines your case to insult the offending party and these posts may be removed or the insults edited out.
  • Abusive posts or posts that add nothing new will be deleted. Insults or name-calling will be removed. Posts from the same user that repeat previous feedback or are determined to be part of an argument may also be removed.
  • We frown on feedback left if you did not have a transaction. If you did not actually buy something from the seller, there is typically no reason to leave feedback. Some exceptions apply, such as warnings about fraud or intentional misrepresentation of a car or part or similar topics. Do not leave feedback if someone was rude, refused to sell you something, or sold the part to someone else - it's a waste of time and is almost always 1-sided.
  • Your feedback should be within a reasonable time frame from the original transaction. Please don't post feedback on some issue you had from years ago, unless the actual transaction and communication has been going on for years without being resolved. If you bought something 5 years ago and had a problem but never posted about it and never contacted the seller then sorry - you waited too long.
  • We do not allow retaliatory feedback. Do not leave someone bad feedback just because they left you bad feedback, unless there is a very good reason and it follows the rules in this thread. An example would be fraud or something similar. Handle any complaints in the original thread where the issue was brought up. Almost 100% of these types of posts are removed so... it is not encouraged.
  • We do not allow 2nd-hand feedback. We do not allow messages such as "This guy ripped off my friend." The person with the issue needs to post here and give all the details.
  • Posts from members not involved in the transaction are allowed. People who would like to offer advice or opinions may do so but it must be related to a specific transaction. If nothing constructive is added, then it's counterproductive and can expect to be removed.
  • Do not post full addresses or private phone numbers. This is a violation of the site rules. You may post the person's name, email, city, and state. If you feel the site should have the person's full information for reference, you should email it to me for my records. You can also let people know that you have it available for anyone that contacts you directly.

How do I start a new feedback thread?
In the Buyer & Seller Feedback Forum, click on
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
and follow the title rules above. Or click on this direct link

Will a seller get banned?
Yes, if it is a widespread problem.
We do not ban people for:
  • A single complaint against them, except in extraordinary circumstances
  • Because they were slow to ship your item
  • Because they did not give you a tracking number
  • Because they did not respond to your request for a status fast enough
  • Other complaints similar to the above items

How do I get my bad feedback removed?
  • Resolve the problem and have the person who left the feedback, the buyer in most cases, contact me and ask for it to be removed.
    They must agree it is resolved and they must contact me.
  • You cannot request your own negative feedback be removed, unless it violates one of the rules above.
  • Feedback may also be removed if the violates the rules above.
  • If someone has left you feedback that violates one of the rules, please report the post or contact me as I cannot always catch everything.
    The most common reason for these types of reports are name calling - scammer/crook/swearing/etc., which will be edited out.

Does my complaint have to involve a deal through this web site?
  • No, sometimes people will post about local VW shops, eBay/Craigslist sellers, or deals made with Samba members in person or not through the web site. This is allowed but all of the rules above must be followed.

You may also want to read the Tips for Internet Buying and Selling thread for helpful suggestions.

Above all, remember:
Buy & sell at your own risk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: