Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Box on Wheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pulled the doors apart to get the window frames out and this was found underneath the door panel on the passenger door. Thought it was pretty cool. Someone at the factory hand brushed painted this in Palm Green paint. Does anyone have ideas as to what this means?
67 Titian Red SO-42 Pop-Top walk-thru Westfalia
64 Safari Beige Sunroof Notchback
97 993 S Coupe
97 993 Cabriolet
04 996 C4S Coupe

God, guts, and guns made America great!
Live free or Die
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

Box on Wheels wrote:

Pulled the doors apart to get the window frames out and this was found underneath the door panel on the passenger door. Thought it was pretty cool. Someone at the factory hand brushed painted this in Palm Green paint. Does anyone have ideas as to what this means?

Don't know what it means, but my August, 58' mango standard had the number 29 written the same way in mango paint on the inside right rear corner:

Your bus and my mango were built within 4 months of each other. Lots of new things were going on during that time.

When I saw the number 29 in mine, I thought maybe they were counting down the last of the pressed bumper buses or who knows?? It's fun to speculate..
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

Interesting. Maybe its VW applied then, not westfalia? Do those numbers show up in your VIN?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
Interesting. Maybe its VW applied then, not westfalia? Do those numbers show up in your VIN?

On my mango, 29 isn't part of the vin number.
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

So whats happening with this amazing beast!?

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

this popped up on my youtube recommendations... I thought it looked familiar!! Was curious what happened to this one

https://youtu.be/N-4sfXljIPE?si=OV-zrenvhoaIJdoC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
this popped up on my youtube recommendations... I thought it looked familiar!! Was curious what happened to this one

Is that really the original seat/cushion material?

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

Stocknazi wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

Is that really the original seat/cushion material?

I strongly believe it could be. Stitching, pattern etc line up. Wedge pillows. Chances of it being off the road for 40 years and having a redone interior before that, and close to og specs, while everything else is original on the bus is very small. I also swear I have seen that pattern somewhere before but I haven't been able to locate a pic.

I know others with early westfalia experience have told Daniel otherwise but....we don't know everything including options and colours offered by westfalia. We continue to learn new things as buses are discovered.

I got the chance to cruise this bus this past summer. Its a beauty and is getting used!
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Adventures of a 1958 Palm Green/Sand Green (PGSG) Westfalia Reply with quote

Pleasure meeting / talking to you this past weekend at Silverado Show.

Cheers,

Tomasz

'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: