Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan camper fridge upgrade
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KAVANAYEN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject: Eurovan camper fridge upgrade Reply with quote

The Norcold 3 way refrigerator in my 2002 EVC had not worked since I bought it 6 months ago, instead of repairing it I preferred to change it for a more modern and efficient equipment. My preference was a device that works with 12 Volts DC and 120 Volt AC, I looked for several options and due to size, performance, noise level and price I decided on INDELB CR 65, it is the same Truckfridge CR65 but with the original manufacturer's brand, it is a Italian company that has been in business for decades. I Purchased directly from indelbnorthamerica.com, awesome service!!!

- I removed the old Norcold dinosaur, a lot of cleaning, sealing the exhausts. Copper plug for the LP Pipe.

- I took the power switch from the Norcold and adapted it to the board above the refrigerator, so I can select the power of the new refrigerator or turn it off: very convenient.

- For the 120 Volts AC supply, buy an AC to DC charger/transformer, with capacity for the refrigerator and connect it to the "house" circuit of the Van.

-To adapt and level the height of the refrigerator, buy a set of 4 furniture legs with adjustable height on Amazon, and place them in the same holes of the small rubber legs that the refrigerator comes with. The adjustable legs range from 50 to 70 MM. I have seen several refrigerator replacements online, but none of them used this adjustable leg option to make it easier to fit the refrigerator in the cabinet. Then with 2 screws in each side the fridge is fixed.

- For the space on the left side available, I used a REV A Shelf from Home Depot that is 5 inches wide and 10.5 inches deep, it is the only one I could find that would fit the space available. I had the front cover made at a place that manufactures kitchens.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Note: still looking for the headrests for the rear seat of my EVC, is anybody knows where or who has it, I will really appreciate the information. Thanks!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan camper fridge upgrade Reply with quote

Great use of materials, especially the adjustable feet. Thank you for posting.

kourt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan camper fridge upgrade Reply with quote

This is one of the best Norcold replacements I've seen. Love that you re-used the control from the Norcold.

As someone who may try to emulate your implementation, any additional details you can add to your original post would be greatly appreciate (like links to your amazon adjustable legs, the Home Depot drawer, your converter, etc.).

Thanks for sharing!!!
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan camper fridge upgrade Reply with quote

We did our 2002 with the same Intel-B fridge. Truckfridge was way backordered but the Intel arrived in a few days.
Following another install post on FB we made a "box" out of 1X1 and 1X2 for the base. Not adjustable like yours but stable. We also reused the grill from the Nor-not-so-cold at the bottom.
We also used the same rev-a-shelf and put a 1X6 piece of Oak on the front. I so wish that shelf unit was deeper...there is room for another 6" of depth.
We are so much happier with the electric fridge. Our NorCold worked just sometimes and poorly. The new one is great. We now have a 100 watt solar panel that will be employed next trip.
When folks post about problems with the NorCold I usually respond: "junk the Norcold, get a modern compressor fridge (Truckfridge, Intel, Domestic, etc.) and you will be so much happier." Yes it is pricey but worth every penny.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: