TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Braukuche Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:30 am

My condolences on your loss.
Unfortunately, I'm not too surprised about the lackluster response. The value of Ghias simply have not climbed to the point most owners feel it is worthwhile doing them right. Hopefully that will change and you and other vendors present and future can make this a profitable venture and supply us with the products necessary to do these cars correctly.

jlarrey Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 am

Luís,
I am very sorry about these bad news.
I sincerelly wish all the best for you and your amazing proyect.
Many, many thanks!

boinkffd Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 am

Luis,

Condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father. It was very noble of you to travel to spend precious time with him and be there during his passing.

Thank you again on a superb product.

boinkffd Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Received a really nice Karmann key fob in the mail today. Thank you.

VeloMikey Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:41 pm

boinkffd wrote: Received a really nice Karmann key fob in the mail today. Thank you.

Me too! Thanks, Luis!

c21darrel Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:58 pm

^^I just ordered one. Props to Luis for his website. It is simple, easy to navigate, purchase and pay. Simply better than just about any other companies website I have used. KGPR, are you listening? :wink:

technik Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:58 am

thank you!

looking forward to receiving the mats.

grailoc Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Just orderer the brown full kit. I finally moved forward with it !!.
can't wait to get it !!

Thanks Luis !!

Og50on16's Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Luis,
Got the Key Fob! Want to Thank you for all the time you've put into this HUGE project. Good things happen to Good people!

Gracias Hermano!

bnam Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:05 pm

Luis,
I got tied up with work and completely forgot about the mats. I placed an order today and have sent you a direct email as well.

Thanks!
Byas

Tall Bloke Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:29 am

Does any one have information on item 40 in my parts book , 2 Pfropen (rubber bungs ) are required - part number N 20 002 1.- standard part.
My book is the 1961 version, but has both low light details as well as the later information, this is included in the early model info.
Any ideas where they go?

Thanks

Inchpincher61 Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:59 am

PO sent!!

I am excited of your mats... 8)

grailoc Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 am

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone who installed a brown karpet kit from Luis?

If yes, could you post some pictures of the result.
Would love to see the result, so I can figure out how this is going to look like in mine.

Braukuche Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:34 pm

grailoc wrote: Hi everyone,

Would love to see the result, so I can figure out how this is going to look like in mine.

Didn't know he was doing carpets too.

grailoc Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am

Braukuche wrote: grailoc wrote: Hi everyone,

Sorry I meant the 8 pieces brown mat :-)

Braukuche Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:39 am

grailoc wrote: Braukuche wrote: grailoc wrote: Hi everyone,

Sorry I meant the 8 pieces brown mat :-)

Ah, I have the brown kit but with black mats as delivered. I waiting on the insulation mats so I can install the tunnels and floor mats, when I get them I'll take some shots.

PeteSC Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:50 am

Hi Luis....just checking in to see how everything is going.

Hope all is well.

lajs57 Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am

Hello Karmann Ghia Enthusiasts!

It's been few weeks since last post, time flies!
I've to admit that I had been some how depressed after my Dad's passing, fortunately it's getting better every day!

Regarding Tall Block's question, item 40 is a rubber plug for the two chassis holes located behind the outer seat rails, one for each seat, close to the door sill area. This picture shows the one in the right side:

Good news regarding the Sound Absorbers sets, I sent the first set few days ago to Braukuche, it is scheduled to be delivered today!

It took me few more days to set a "production line", as applying the adhesive was tricky, as the spraying area gets sticky, it needs to be clean for the next piece and, as I have limited space, I had to replace the background each time. The solution was to get a craft-paper roll with a dispenser, so I pull the paper and fold it easily for the next piece. Also, to align and place the two parts together was hard, as you only have one chance with contact cement! A friend told me a trick, using thin rods, to make it easy! The last step its to apply pressure. The following pictures show this:

The pieces were cut to perfection using water jet technology!

Then, to pack the sets, I ordered a box with the correct dimensions to use it as an sturdy "envelope":

Yesterday I made six sets!:

I plan to ship ALL 15 Sound Absorbers sets from the first batch this week!

There are a couple orders for the 2nd batch, please place your orders now, as I need 15 sets for the water-jet shop order!

Luis

Braukuche Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:32 pm

I can't wait. Staying home today to receive them and will post pictures when installed.
They look great in the pix.

Braukuche Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Got my sound absorption mats today and was so happy to get them and to see how my flor mats would fit that I braved the frigid cold and pouring rain outside to install them.
Well, it's 57 and spitting which is frigid and pouring for San Diego.
Anyway, the pictures tell the story. The fit is amazing, like a glove. The thickness is spot on. To be honest, when I ordered them I thought I was doing Luis a favor because I thought the mats overpriced, but to get that fit, good luck cobbling something together with off the shelf materials and in the end you won't save a whole lot of money. They are worth every cent.
I used Kingston high temp spray adhesive on the sound absorption mats, starting with tunnel, then the rockers, ending with the floor mat pieces.