TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
jeffrey8164 Fri May 22, 2020 8:59 am

My 70 came with A/C. I held onto it while trying to find a few replacement parts to make it look presentable. Never found any so I ended up tossing it. If it were me, Iíd offer it in the classifieds for a while and see if anyone has a need.

NoDents Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:35 pm

Not a part but holes.

What are these 2 holes near the latch for?
71 Ghia.

Marcdeb Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:56 pm

NoDents wrote: Not a part but holes.

What are these 2 holes near the latch for?
71 Ghia.

I don't know what the holes are for, but my 71 Ghia has the same holes as well. So it's not anything done after the car left the factory.

sputnick60 Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 am

Can a screwdriver go through the holes to access the grub screw for the pull wire? Two different holes covers LHD & RHD variants

Nicholas

rbsurfguy Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:05 am

I have these holes as well in my LHD 71. I thought at least one was a drain hole. The only screwdriver that would fit would be a very slim style. Never could figure out what these were, so left them alone.
Jeff

NoDents Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks guys.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something during reassemble.

rbsurfguy Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:15 pm

I know what this part is, but unsure of the year, and didn't want to start a new thread.

I got this and another door, in another color, with a bunch of stuff I bought at an airfield warehouse. The guy had no idea exactly what kind of car they went on, even though there was a deck lick with a KG badge on it, as well as a hood, so I took the whole lot.

Question is, can anyone advise by looking at the door handles and door panel what year range this would be? The other door unfortunately doesn't have the door panel, otherwise I could help someone with a set, only have for the right door. I've heard the chrome strips on the door panels are kind of hard to come by, but these are not in very good condition, unless they can be polished up.

Any info would be helpful,
Jeff

c21darrel Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Inside door handle suggest pre 65. There is a door difference thread in ghia forum that will get you even closer.

rbsurfguy Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Noted, thanks Darrel.
Jeff

Loren Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:55 pm

You can also pull a door latch and there will be a date stamp on that. There is also a date stamp on the arm of the window regulator. Assuming these parts are original to the door you can get a more accurate date of manufacture.

rbsurfguy Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Thank you Loren, I will check those spots, everything appears to be original.

Jeff

mooopers Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Any ideas what these are? 1960 Ghia

rbsurfguy Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:59 pm

I was going to say they look like the chrome strips that sit on the outer top side of the door on top of the window rubber/scraper, but not sure if that was on a 60 Ghia. Plus they look like aluminum as opposed to the heavier metal strips I have on my 71. Waiting to see what they are.
Jeff

mooopers Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm

They are aluminium. Not curved at all

Rsellen Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Jeff, the paint color appears to be pampas green which was only available 60-62. I only know that because its the same color as my ghia. If you think its original paint. Iíd love to see some good photos of the door card. Looking for ideas for color combinations for my interior.

rbsurfguy wrote: I know what this part is, but unsure of the year, and didn't want to start a new thread.

I got this and another door, in another color, with a bunch of stuff I bought at an airfield warehouse. The guy had no idea exactly what kind of car they went on, even though there was a deck lick with a KG badge on it, as well as a hood, so I took the whole lot.

Question is, can anyone advise by looking at the door handles and door panel what year range this would be? The other door unfortunately doesn't have the door panel, otherwise I could help someone with a set, only have for the right door. I've heard the chrome strips on the door panels are kind of hard to come by, but these are not in very good condition, unless they can be polished up.

Any info would be helpful,
Jeff

Rsellen Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:41 pm

I know where it goes, but donít know what it is or if I need it. Working in the engine compartment of my 74 ghia. Iíve seen photos of other engine compartments with some sort of electrical device mounted to the fire wall. (See photos) I was wondering what that device is? Is it the external voltage regulator? My current motor has a generator, but looking to put in an alternator. Do I need this thing in order to do it?

(Thanks to Redlabel 6 for letting me borrow this photo.

NoDents Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:43 pm

It's a diagnostic port for the dealership.

An early attempt at OBD connection.

Rsellen Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:53 pm

Thatís funny :lol: I guess I donít need it then. Thanks....
NoDents wrote: It's a diagnostic port for the dealership.

An early attempt at OBD connection.

NoDents Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:55 pm

When you remove it make sure no bare wire ends will cross or get grounded.

Rsellen Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 pm

No worries, It was never there. No loose wires (that I know of). Who knows what the PO did with them.