Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 509, 510, 511
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

dmonger wrote:
Now that Lind is done trashing my ad and Grayson is done telling us how many friends he has.....maybe some members can actually get back on the original topic and talk about the whether or not the bus is a good deal and priced appropriately LOL

I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over Lind’s prognostications.

Nice 13 window, by the way. I saw your ad on marketplace and was tempted, but I’ve already got a 13. For whatever reasons, 13 windows are like the Rodney Dangerfields of busdom. What did he say ? I just don’t get no respect! ?
When I’ve taken my buses to cruise ins and such, my 65 subhatch and 62 DC have gotten 10 times more interest than the 64 13w. Which doesn’t bother me one bit.
dmonger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

@AS350 driver Thanks man! Appreciate your encouragement and no worries my bus is Pending….yeah I dig 13’s as the entry level deluxe bus…but she’s got to go so I can keep throwing money at my 61’ OG Paint Mango
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

What price range will these 2 buses have to reach in order to sell? I personally love both of these and 2 of my favorite I’ve seen for sale in quite some time. If I could afford the sunroof pgsg at this point I’d sure be trying despite I certainly don’t need it. The kombi is a favorite but it will always be “his” bus imo. I can’t say I’m willing to give up my 23 for either as the one seller claims 23 owners would want to do haha. Maybe for a significant amount less invested I may would consider tho.

At one time buses like these were so coveted I feel like they would have sold for somewhere near the asking prices but I guess those buyers have what they want at this point or just not as hot and bothered to come off the hip as eagerly as they once were. It does seem like certain models namely deluxe sunroof buses generally speaking are still commanding the same prices they have been.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2682596

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2652253
‘62 turkis 23 window
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

The Green/Green Bus says pending now and it wasn't for sale for very long.

I'm surprised the Sunroof Kombi hasn't sold, that's a cool Bus.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Well then there we go! Special bus for sure.
‘62 turkis 23 window
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
What price range will these 2 buses have to reach in order to sell? I personally love both of these and 2 of my favorite I’ve seen for sale in quite some time. If I could afford the sunroof pgsg at this point I’d sure be trying despite I certainly don’t need it. The kombi is a favorite but it will always be “his” bus imo. I can’t say I’m willing to give up my 23 for either as the one seller claims 23 owners would want to do haha. Maybe for a significant amount less invested I may would consider tho.

At one time buses like these were so coveted I feel like they would have sold for somewhere near the asking prices but I guess those buyers have what they want at this point or just not as hot and bothered to come off the hip as eagerly as they once were. It does seem like certain models namely deluxe sunroof buses generally speaking are still commanding the same prices they have been.

Both monster buses at relatively fair prices. If I had the space and spare funds, both or either would be in my collection.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
Graysvws wrote:

Both monster buses at relatively fair prices. If I had the space and spare funds, both or either would be in my collection.

Agreed, very cool buses!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:

I guess the pgsg sunroof standard must have been priced right or very close to the fair price as it went pending very quickly. I saw the ad and would love to own it, but too rich for me right now. I know a factory sunroof Kombi is every more rare than a factory sunroof standard, but I personally prefer the standard. I am fortunate enough to own a 65-sunroof standard walk thru bus but I would love to pick up an earlier one. A 1955-1958 pgsg sunroof standard would be the ultimate dream bus for me.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:

They both have unrepaired rust damage. Neither have very detailed undercarriage pics.

On $68k and $79k non-westy non-deluxe buses, even with a sunroof, that’s a no go for many of the buyers with that kind of money to spend. If it’s so easily fixable, just fix it before asking for a non-rusty bus price.

For $79k, one could buy 2 rock solid Kombis and put sunroofs in them Smile Just my .02 cents.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:

They both have unrepaired rust damage. Neither have very detailed undercarriage pics.

On $68k and $79k non-westy non-deluxe buses, even with a sunroof, that’s a no go for many of the buyers with that kind of money to spend. If it’s so easily fixable, just fix it before asking for a non-rusty bus price.

For $79k, one could buy 2 rock solid Kombis and put sunroofs in them Smile Just my .02 cents.

The PG/SG at $79K sold so i dont see the rust issues were an issue.

A 55-58 bus in that color combo isnt easy to find especially with that build sheet.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Rare bus and rare buyer, this week was just right timing for the pgsg buyer and seller. I’m envious of the next owners of both of these buses. I tried my best to convince a collector I’m close to into buying each so I could at least have them close by 😂, but he’s a deluxe bus kinda guy… ah well we can’t all have the same taste.
‘62 turkis 23 window
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Someone in Arizona is going to get a good deal on a rear slash for $200. I mean you do have to throw out the front bumper later though Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2685493
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 509, 510, 511
Jump to:
Page 511 of 511

Jump to: