Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

line bore tool
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

digging around I found this. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7636150

swanlakers wrote:
Does anyone recognize this tool?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Probably a bar to use for adding cam bearings to a early 40hp case also.

Brian
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

That will do both the crank bearings and the cam bearings.
RWK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Yours? allows for cam bearing line bore also.
62 Type 241-378 025 178 530
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swanlakers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Well yes, it’s obviously a line bore set up, but it has a big plate for the flywheel end, and a fitting that hangs from the oil pump bore. I’ve not seen that before.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

This thread is alive?

Tools look like the YellowJacket feed but running smaller bars. Maybe Kenmore bars? Anyway - it will work if you know how to set it up.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Yes, I recognize that
swanlakers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Does anyone recognize this tool?

elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Anyone have hands on experience with the line bore tool from Rocky Jennings Enterprises?
https://rockyjennings.com/
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
I don´t have the tools for line boring.
This guy can https://www.facebook.com/GBOT.dk/

You have to remember one thing, which is often overlooked. A linebore (or any machine work) is only as good as the guy who adjusts the tools and performs the work.

It’s far from where I live, 4hours drive.
I have some cases to practice on.
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

I don´t have the tools for line boring.
This guy can https://www.facebook.com/GBOT.dk/

You have to remember one thing, which is often overlooked. A linebore (or any machine work) is only as good as the guy who adjusts the tools and performs the work.
Then there is the correcting of the trust area, which equally important.
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Bama Dave wrote:
Your in Denmark, right? Look for a guy on here name Alstrup. He is also in Denmark.

Yes I heard his name mentioned before. Torben I think is his first name.
But I would rather buy a tool and do it myself, I rebuild 4-8 engines a year so I might as well throw some money after a tool.
Bama Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Your in Denmark, right? Look for a guy on here name Alstrup. He is also in Denmark.

1970 Beetle
1971 Super
1972 Baja

hellthorne wrote:
First off, I know i made stupid decisions that led to my predicament, so while you are welcome to tell me that I am an idiot for doing the things I did, please know that I am already aware of this.
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

No one around here can do a line bore. So I’m considering to buy a tool my self. Any pointers? What not to buy?
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Lo Cash John wrote:
That guy lives just about 30 minutes south of me. He was dead set on building an align bore tool using aluminum for the main bar. I'm no machinist but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna work that well. His whole reason for building his own bar was because driving 30 minutes up to Jacksonville for machine work was to much hassle. Laughing

Anyway, he never finished it as far as I recall.

Whatever happened with his jetboat?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

The reason to have your own lineborer is if you intend to do a lot a motors.

I just like having my own. 'But before I had mine I used to drive 2 hours to get my cases linebored. The old man died and all his tools in the shop got sold off. So I had to find my own.

I don't have anymore spares. Sold off all of them.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

That guy lives just about 30 minutes south of me. He was dead set on building an align bore tool using aluminum for the main bar. I'm no machinist but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna work that well. His whole reason for building his own bar was because driving 30 minutes up to Jacksonville for machine work was to much hassle. Laughing

Anyway, he never finished it as far as I recall.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

Don't forget the guy who's made his own. There's a 20 page thread on it somewhere here. I think he had to pull the plug on the project due to a hurricane.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

/what lineborer do you do have? I may have spares for the Truline. The porta tool kind is easy to find them.
Mr Cayko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: line bore tool Reply with quote

I know this is and old post but does anyone know where i can get a new cutter for the line bore
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: