Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ? Reply with quote

That was on Bring A Trailer a few weeks ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ? Reply with quote

Saw my first SuperBugger at the VW show last summer in Tsawwassen, BC. It was red and was really cool to see in person.
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ? Reply with quote

A real Kubal that made its way over from russia but now resides in Nevada. the gentleman who owns it a GENUINELY awesomely nice dude who actually let me drive it... that crash box is a trip

I like being wrong, as weird as that sounds, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

Schicken Sie es!

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ? Reply with quote

Without realizing it at the time, I've stumbled on a few future rare VWs back when I was young and dumb. In high school, a classmate showed up one day with a brush painted pumpkin orange split window bug that had a permanent blue cloud following it all over town. A few weeks later it was the cheery on the top of the junk yards' pile of cars. I had a moment of thought about buying it and turning it into a cool baja, but by then it was crushed and gone. Back home on leave from the service a couple of years later, a friend took me to see a VW his boss had stashed away. A black convertible bug with those flip out signal thingys in the sides. The friend said he also had another convertible with a VW drive train, but looked almost like that Borgward that ran around town. I went back to the west coast and told myself to look into those cars when I got out of the Navy in a few years. Fast forward into the later 70's and while looking for parts for my crashed oval, I get directed to a farm grove with VWs in it. Just a couple of rusted out mid-sixties bugs and an old bus that had this huge back door. Like the whole south end of the bus lifted open. Huh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67conv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: What is the rarest Vw you have encountered ? Reply with quote

Rometsch Beeskow cabriolet, seen at the Super Car Sunday 'cars and coffee' show May, 2017.

Built by Rometcsch Karosserie in Berlin and named in honor of designer, Johannes Beeskow. Constructed on a Beetle chassis and running gear, it was offered as a coupe or cabriolet.

This one needed a little TLC, but it was driveable! Don't see these every day!

Previously owned: 72 "Baja Champion SE" Spec. Edition Super Beetle bought NEW; 79 Convertible bought NEW; 67 type 1 savanna beige; 67 2.0 911S; 73 2.4 911T; 63 356 T6 B Cabriolet; 64 356 SC sunroof coupe; 72 Type-3 Squareback; 68 + 69 Type-3 Fastbacks; 87 Vanagon GL Wasserboxer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: