Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnL99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Greencastle, Pa. - Rt 16 evening eastbound DOKA.

I was in my 81 air cooled Westy headed westward.
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Saw another one at slickrock yesterday.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

michaelasnider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

indianpeaksjoe wrote:
Saw another one at slickrock yesterday.

This makes me want to drive back down to Moab!
Mckinleyvillian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

On a trip back east i just saw a blue 85ish at buttonwood park, new bedford MA. Gave me hope for eventually moving back east with the van

85 Vanagon GL 1.9 stick
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Mckinleyvillian wrote:
On a trip back east i just saw a blue 85ish at buttonwood park, new bedford MA. Gave me hope for eventually moving back east with the van

Ha - I know the owner! We grew up together (in New Bedford) , and at one time separated by a few thousand miles, we both would up owning Vanagons unbeknown to each other.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
Mckinleyvillian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
Mckinleyvillian wrote:

Ha - I know the owner! We grew up together (in New Bedford) , and at one time separated by a few thousand miles, we both would up owning Vanagons unbeknown to each other.

Thats a great story. Ive been in rural northern Northern California for a 10+ yr now so vanagons are fairly common. Wasnt expecting to see one on my way to no problemo the other day, especially after thinking of the road rage my stock 1.9 might inspire out that way!

85 Vanagon GL 1.9 stick
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

These may be my favorite stripes. I've seen them on one other van and am considering them for my van.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

From my kid in Germany

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Walty87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Didn’t grab any pics but we followed, passed, waved and shared a peace sign to a lovely couple? who were in brown westy with round headlights traveling north on highway 99 near the Merced Atwater area!

We were heading home from a week long 1800+ mile road trip and they were one of two vanagons we saw along the way. The other vanagon was spotted near the Grand Canyon at some campsite showers
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Spotted on the Clingman's Dome Highway west of Newfound Gap in the Smoky Mountains National Park on the afternoon of April 16, 2023.
Tags are Maryland.

We picked up an AT hiker and gave him a ride back up the mountain to New Found Gap. He said he saw the Westy earlier in Gatlinburg.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Diy2k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

SAW YOU

Mid hills campsite in Mojave National park. Didn’t get the chance to say hi since you left by the time I rode by.

Barstow!

Met a mother and son who just bought a 91 in white. Said they where going from Seal Beach>Idaho or the other way around.

Have fun with that van young dude!
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

South Rim Grand Canyon 4-23
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
These may be my favorite stripes. I've seen them on one other van and am considering them for my van.

Those are great stripes. You should do it!
'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L
Zac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Spotted one in Omaha, NE early today, about 12:30ish westbound on Center below the 680 bridge. I was on the interstate, but looked to be a white 80s tintop, very clean (from my distance)!

I was the Leonardo diCaprio meme pointing as I drove over the overpass!
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Edinburgh Scotland today. Panel van and aftermarket pop top hadn’t seen before.

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Saw a purple Country Home camper heading east on Brookland Park Boulevard noon-ish today. Did not get a pic.
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

as i was enjoying a "Dope Moves " 8.1% IPA at Woodstock Brewing in the Catskills on Saturday, 20 May 2023, a white Westy blasted past heading west on NY 28 just outside of Phoenicia, NY.

looked fast Smile

BiWerks Design, LLC
Run8Stud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

This last Sunday (May 21), the wifey and I were on the I-405 South just north of Santa Ana, heading back to San Diego in our white '87 Westy when we spotted another white Westy behind us with round headlights and Arizona plates.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

After the Edinburgh van above, wife and I took the train to Fort William and then rode bikes over 3 days up the Great Glen Way to Inverness. I saw so many vanagons- including at least 3 Westfalia high tops- that I gave up on trying to get pictures.

This van outside of a camper rental deserves a post though. Pop top high top and double windows obviously well loved and used.

Pchill2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Damn GPS stopped working on my way to get some food while touring Albuquerque. Pulled into a grocery store parking lot and low and behold a Syncro! Met and talked with Joe for a while about vans and such. Thanks for local tips!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Page 167 of 170

Jump to: