Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So it begins
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words,

I never thought about putting the foam back in until you mentioned it. i guess having an opening in the engine compartment and going though the roof channel you would get alot of engine noise and fumes. thanks for that tip.

The carpet arrived today . Yeaaaa UPS man.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Ok, can someone tell me how you are suppose to get a hose on the defroster tube down by the heater channel? I'm thinking i may make that an A/C outlet and come on through the kick panel. But man, i looked down where the hood hinges are and can see it, but how the hell do you get a hose on it and be able to clamp it?
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Here's one solution:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=442479
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Thanks I’m going to try that way .only I’m just running it to some vents I’m going to install under the dash for the a/c . But I couldn’t figure out how to get something hooked to that.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

I bought the pipe and it looks like that is going to work. Thanks
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Been thinking about where I’m going to put stuff since I can’t put anything in the front hood /bonnet or in the back seat since the ac unit will be there so I might have to buy a roof rack. Been looking and this one caught my eye . Stainless and teak wood. They have another one that I like but it looks like it would be too close to the roof to be able to open the rag top . The first one looks high enough for the rag top to open . The second one I really like but it seems to hug the roof closer so I don’t think the top will open and it looks like it sits on the roof panel instead of the roof gutters . Probably dent the roof with any weight in it .
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

I found the first one for 414 including shipping. The one pictured is 295 but they want 300 to ship it .
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Ok, scratch the roof rack . I did a few measurements today and it looks like I will have some room behind the front seat and rear ac unit to store things . Ok , on to more pressing things . Driving around town i don't need the storage but if i go out of town I'll need space for a jack and spare tire.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Steering wheel from the Subaru had a Subaru emblem so i found this to cover it. Smile

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Ok I finally found the color for the car . At first I was going to go black but now I decided on black cherry pearl. Changes from black to brandywine red. With all the curves on this body it should look nice as the light hits it.

DUNGBTL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

That’s a very cool color! Agree…w/all the curve surfaces it’ll have quite the ‘flop’ effect. Do you have to use a silver base coat for the candy effect?

J.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Silver gold charcoal or red. I think the charcoal has more flop to black and red looking at the chart. I want it to look black then flop to dark red under the lights. That car has silver as a base.
DUNGBTL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

bruceo98 wrote:
That car has silver as a base.

That’s what I thought.
‘70’s Maverick ‘Grabber’ if I’m not mistaken… Very Happy You don’t see those everyday!

J.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Hood scoops make it a grabber but it could be a clone . Looks good but he ruined it by putting on some Dunk wheels.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

I have the fuel cell back from the welder. not sure if i want to spend the time and effort polishing it . May just paint it.

VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Here you go!

Thought it would be good to see it together!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Thanks.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Seems like JBugs can’t get a front windshield rubber from a Germany maker . Anyone use one from another maker with good results?
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

WCM has a reputation of supplying good quality rubber, even if manufactured in the US,
https://www.westcoastmetric.com/i-22964592-seal-fr...y-wcm.html

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Ok thanks . Have you used them before?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: